Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108109110115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2657
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I have lost almost all the interest and excitement about this piece of equipment.
    Me too. I bought an unlocked HP 6315 (With all its issues.) on eBay to tide me over until the 650 groundhog final decides to show up. I'll still buy a 650 but, now, may wait for the 700.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    You guys do know that there are other phones -- runner ups for a lot less money.
    I would LOVE to see your list of quality runner ups and their merits.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser

My list of quality runner ups and their merits
    • Treo 600

I HAVE it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    My list of quality runner ups and their merits
    • Treo 600

I HAVE it
    Agreed. I still delight in my 600. I agree that it is the only runner up but it does run close enough.
    Unbelievably, when I got to work this morning there was a message on my voice mail from my corporate headquarters. . . It was: “What kind of plan do you currently have with Cingular? We are thinking about ‘just porting you over to Sprint’ so we can get you our corporate discount.

Well Sprint coverage is spotty here . . . but, they have insurance on smartphones, cheaper data plans, AND THEY HAVE TREO 650s!!!!!!!

Hmmm, I could probably fight this “porting to Sprint,” but I wonder if I should?

I only do foreign travel about once or twice a year and typically for only a week or so, so GSM world coverage is no big deal to me . . . . .
    MacUser,

The Treo 650 is a PDA with a phone application, so there is really no comparison. The runner ups I spoke of are phones with some interesting applications for what I do. My first choice is:

1) Nokia 6260 (also see new 6170) with specific application for Raytel Blue 4000 Car Kit Note: The 6170 will have EDGE built-in.

2) Motorola E398 I like the form factor on this phone + Bluetooth + MP3 Stereo + No EDGE

3) Treo 600

4) Motorola A780 This one is last because it is not avail in U.S. and reminds me of the Treo 300 with EDGE.
    As you correctly say, "The Treo 650 is a PDA with a phone application, so there is really no comparison." However I'd put the Nokia 6620 on the top of my "next best" list. It is a top notch phone with a decent PDA. If it only had a REAL keyboard, I hate using the phone letter keys. Fully syncs by BT or cable with Outlook, notes, calendar, to-do etc. Has Edge. Screen isn't that much smaller then the 600/650 and it's about 1/3rd the weight. Uses Symbian O/S (nowhere near as much software available as Palm, but there is quite a lot - same as the Sony Ericsson phones). If I didn't have this while waiting for the 650 I'd probably have switched to Sprint ages ago - well, not really.

Triband (GSM 850/1800/1900Mhz)
    GPRS and EDGE data (up to 118Kbps)
    Dimensions: 108.7mm x 58.2mm x 23.6mm, Weight: 124g
    Talk time: up to 4 hours, Standby time: up to 8 days
    65K colour TFT screen (176x208 pixels)
    Integrated camera with 640x480 resolution and 2x digital zoom
    Video capture at QCIF (176x144) or subQCIF (128x96) resolutions
    Symbian 7.0 Operating System
    MMS/SMS/Email (SMTP, POP3, IMAP)
    xHTML browser
    MP3/AAC music player
    SyncML capable
    Nokia Wallet
    Bluetooth and Infra-red
    Java MIDP 2.0 Technology
    Polyphonic ringtones
    12MB internal memory and includes 32MB MMC card but will handle at least 1gig.

http://img187.exs.cx/img187/5062/662...11100215se.jpg

MacUser,

The Treo 650 is a PDA with a phone application, so there is really no comparison. The runner ups I spoke of are phones with some interesting applications for what I do. My first choice is:

1) Nokia 6260 (also see new 6170) with specific application for Raytel Blue 4000 Car Kit Note: The 6170 will have EDGE built-in.

2) Motorola E398 I like the form factor on this phone + Bluetooth + MP3 Stereo + No EDGE

3) Treo 600

4) Motorola A780 This one is last because it is not avail in U.S. and reminds me of the Treo 300 with EDGE.
    MacUser,

The Treo 650 is a PDA with a phone application, so there is really no comparison.
    So, there are NO other PDA competitors that may be worth a look? Obviously, the T600 is on the list
    Check out Samsung's i780 and the BenQ P50. Only problem with the BenQ (and it's serious, OMP) is the limited 2-3 hour talk time battery life.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    So, there are NO other PDA competitors that may be worth a look? Obviously, the T600 is on the list
    I don't think so, I've done a lot of shopping around, and I hate waiting so if there was something else I'd have probably switched already.

Probably a blackberry is the next best thing. (Other than the 600 say.) I also looked at the Nokia 9500 which has a great feature list but is a brick and expensive. The SE 910 also looked interesting but I tried it a couple of days ago and the thumb keyboard on it is absolute garbage. It's also expensive.

If you MUST BUY NOW look at blackberry's or get a 600, but honestly I don't think the wait will be that much longer. When you've waited this long what's another week or two. I think if you do get something else now you'll likely regret it in a month or two when the GSM 650 is fully available and the rest of us are happily complaining about it here on Treocentral.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I kinda like the MPx-300. Though it is a bit pricey.

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Moto...300%20open.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Check out Samsung's i780 and the BenQ P50. Only problem with the BenQ (and it's serious, OMP) is the limited 2-3 hour talk time battery life.
    The BenQ isn't out yet. Unlikely it will be before the GSM 650. Is the i780 available now?

The BenQ does look interesting but it's priced too high. Like $200 more than a 650, AND it doesn't have EDGE. I don't want to make too big a deal about EDGE but on the other hand connectivity is such a big reason for getting these phones - hence all the discussion around cost of data packages - so speed of connectivity kinda matters doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Moto...300%20open.jpg
    Great looking phone. I was in total lust for it when I first saw it, but they crippled it with only 32mb of RAM. On a pocketPC 32mb is worse than 32mb on Palm OS. Plus it's also not available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Great looking phone. I was in total lust for it when I first saw it, but they crippled it with only 32mb of RAM. On a pocketPC 32mb is worse than 32mb on Palm OS. Plus it's also not available yet.
    There are people on Howie Forums buying them off of eBay... for about $1000! The seller is importing them from Asia which explains the huge markup.

I'm considering the MPX300, too, but only if the price comes down.
    Looks cool, but I can't stop thinking about those 60's 70's station wagons that the rear door opened in two directions with the same style hinge.

Couldn't find a picture of it open
    http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/...Nomad_back.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins

I have found a few sites that sell it. They just are asking for a grand...
    I have found a few sites that sell it. They just are asking for a grand...
    I stand corrected. But a $1000US.
    I say we GSM'ers that are done waiting for the 650, go in on a group buy for the MPx-300
    I say we GSM'ers that are done waiting for the 650, go in on a group buy for the MPx-300
    I say we group go take over cingular...and make 'em release the phone! heheheheh

actually, it's just easier to go to Sprint.

I'm going to do the 30 day trial now...I'm done waiting.