Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2657
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Any significance to the GSM/GPRS Treo 600 being lunched (now we are told) on Groundhog Day? If the groundhog sees his Treo 650, does that mean 6 more weeks of winter or spring is just around the corner?
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Since Cingular GPRS has been up and down like a yo-yo since Saturday am, 650 GSM announcement will not be very timely.
    ATTWS GPRS (Now the same I suppose.) has been up and down as well here in western Maryland.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Huh? Who said that? (I assume you meant 650 not 600 and launched not LUNCHED).
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    Any significance to the GSM/GPRS Treo 600 being lunched (now we are told) on Groundhog Day?
    LMFAO - if this is true I refuse to believe any more prognosticators and all known swamis. Even if "B2B" said it was so .

From: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/527-1.htm

Early information indicated that the Treo 650 for Cingular was going to be released tomorrow, but according to sources the launch has been delayed a week.

The new launch date is rumored to be Wednesday February 2nd.

If there has been a delay, this may impact the Treo RoadShow Webinar and Cingular's "Next Generation of Mobile Healthcare, featuring the Treo 650 Smartphone from palmOne" webinar that will be held on Thursday.

On a positive note, Engadget is reporting that one of their readers got his hands on a unit yesterday.
    How would it impact the Webinar or the NExt generation of Mobile Healthcare?
    They didn't sell units at Roadshows, only gave away coupons, even for phones they were already producing and selling.
    You're right. I'm sure the dates were just coincidence. That was just another straw to grasp at for a release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    How would it impact the Webinar or the NExt generation of Mobile Healthcare?
    They didn't sell units at Roadshows, only gave away coupons, even for phones they were already producing and selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    ATTWS GPRS (Now the same I suppose.) has been up and down as well here in western Maryland.
    Could be caused by trying to merge the servers. I have not been able to get them to give me any information about the cause or when they expect it to stabilize. At one time one of them said that it was nationwide.
    This information needs to be repeated every 100 posts - just as it is. I will be printing it out. You used the word "we" in a sentence. We is a pronoun. Pronouns substitute nouns. Hmm.. you work for _____________.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd

You have me thoroughly confused now. I guess I don't know what your asking. I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'm using the wrong semantics here. Your data plan & account info is in the Cingular computer system. The SIM has a serial number that identifies your account in the system (and what packages you bought and what phone - by IMEI - you own). All your options are in the Cing computer. When you asked: "I am just wondering how is it technically possible to "lock out" the Cingular branded T650 from MediaWorks" the answer is we can't. We just don't sell it to you. A rep can add it if they want but the system might reject it if it's attached to a 650 or he might get fired if caught or he might use another "backdoor" to apply it if he's your buddy. That is why you use the STEALTH MODE. You tell them you have a Nokia 3120, they assign MW to the 3120, the IMEI reflects the 3120 but you put the sim in the 650, you manually enter the WAP servers & password into the 650 network settings and you're off.

If you just get a 650 and add MW over the web, There is a POSSIBILITY that if they audit the accounts and see MW they could remove it. If you go stealth they won't. Someone else was saying a rep told him that "if you dont want email they will sell you MW." I don't subscribe to that theory. I don't beleive it to be correct. He might give it to you but it has nothing to do with email, it's how it is entered in the system.

The account in the computer (identified by the number on the sim) thinks your using a 3120 and getting MW legitimately. The technology is available to ID a phone by IMEI but it's not in use. Just like accessing a Windows server the main Cing computer system gives you or denies you access to whatever it wants when you try to access it depending on how we set your privleges. So if you enter the NON-WAP server on your 650 and you don't have permission to access it and you get an error message. If you access the WAP server it will let you through.

Edge is NOT a data plan. Edge is in the air (sounds like a song). I still firmly believe that MW gives you edge connections regardless of the server (wap or not). According to a post by jimw who seems to know his stuff, he now seems to agree. As I've always said ... if you have data, an edge compatible phone, you have EDGE speeds (which vary greatly depending on many conditions). AT&T mMode (their version of MW) definately does ....... I get 80-100+ using their wap plan and wap server plus I have no problem accessing non-wap websites.
    Just a typo. Corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    You used the word "we" in a sentence.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01/25/2005 at 04:53 PM.
    Just Read the News about another Possible Delay in releasing the GSM version... Guess I Need to Go back to My original prediction of the GSM version being released after 5000 Posts & a Month prior to the announcment Of the Much Improved Treo 700 (Sprint Version Of Course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just Read the News about another Possible Delay in releasing the GSM version... Guess I Need to Go back to My original prediction of the GSM version being released after 5000 Posts & a Month prior to the announcment Of the Much Improved Treo 700 (Sprint Version Of Course)
    Son of a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOTTTTTTTTTTCH.

I can't believe this to be true! Treonauts still says it will be Thursday!
    Treonaughts also say it definately has 1.3MP camera and might possibly have double the memory of the 600!
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Treonauts still says it will be Thursday!
    Well, it has one .3 MP camera (as opposed to two), and it has double the memory usage of the 600 (actually more!).
    That's what they meant! Sorry, I just misunderstood.
    Well, it has one .3 MP camera (as opposed to two), and it has double the memory usage of the 600 (actually more!).
    Regarding all of the worries of Cingular enforcing no Treos on the Media Works plan...
    Remember folks. For about 3 months last year Cingular offered Media Works with Treo 600, 650 (although they had none to sell) and other smart phones for a limited time. They offered it even though it was not widely advertised.
    Being that they have potentially knowingly signed up many many people to use Media Works with their smart phone PDAs, I don't see how they can start kicking Treo owners off of Media Works. I don't think they have any way of really knowing who they did or did not intentionally give MW to use with a Treo except by which which phones they sold you. Even then you can maintain that you did not buy the phone from them, but did sign up for the package with them for that phone.
    Yes, they can restrict unlimited data plans to only one device based on IMEI number (AT&T did this with the $25 UMTS plan) but there is no evidence that they plan to do that. Worst case scenario is that they do start doing that some day and you have to upgrade to the $40 PDA plan.
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/25/2005 at 05:35 PM.
    AT&T had a $25 unlimited UMTS plan? Sure you're not thinking of the $25 unlimited mMode plan? I can tell you from experience that mMode wasn't and isn't IMEI restricted. UMTS is $79 unlimited and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $has$ $always$ $been$. $Now$ $THAT$ $may$ $have$ $been$ $IMEI$ $limited$.

Clipped from here: http://www.attwireless.com/smallbusi...TN51B4R0EQCFEY

"For more information about UMTS service, please contact your AT&T Wireless representative. $79.99 Unlimited Mobile Internet Data Plan: See AT&T Wireless Mobile Internet Plan brochure or visit attwireless.com/data for terms and conditions for Mobile Internet Plans in general and additional usage restrictions applicable to the $79.99 Unlimited Mobile Internet Data Plan. The $79.99 Unlimited Mobile Internet Plan is the only Mobile Internet Plan available for activation on a UMTS device. All marks used herein are marks of their respective owners."

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    (AT&T did this with the $25 UMTS plan)
    Son of a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOTTTTTTTTTTCH.

I can't believe this to be true! Treonauts still says it will be Thursday!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Huh? Of course they take credit cards. Do they take only beads where you come from?
    how'd U know!

nah...but they charge it to my bill THEN I pay that bill w/ the credit card...and if I were a CC company facing a claim like that, you can bet that I'd have lawyers ready to show that they do NOT have to cover my claim b/c I technically didn't buy the phone w/ my CC... see what I mean?
    i just called the cingular b2b and they state a mid feb release at the latest
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    This information needs to be repeated every 100 posts - just as it is. I will be printing it out. You used the word "we" in a sentence. We is a pronoun. Pronouns substitute nouns. Hmm.. you work for _____________.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....