Page 100 of 133 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2657
  1. #1981  
    True... Call them 1-866-429-7222
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    You've got to be kidding me. $49.99 for unlimited data?????? $20 on T-Mobile and $15 on Sprint. Unbelieveable if true!
  2. #1982  
    False alarm... there is no guy with a GSM Treo 650. He created a new thread simply to tell us that he has a Sprint T 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    .......Some guy started a new thread and says he has a GSM today. Let's find out what data plan he has and see if he will let us probe.
  3. #1983  
    Oh, I believe you. I'm just dumbfounded.

    Where did you see someone saying they had the GSM model already? I don't see it in the 650 forum. (edit, just read new post. Nevermind).

    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    True... Call them 1-866-429-7222
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #1984  
    I'm the "dude" with the USC avatar.
  5. #1985  
    This had been discussed over and over for a couple weeks. You're surprised?

    The only way around it is to add the $19.99 MW plan AFTER you get the phone by either giving them an IMEI from another GSM phone you have (let them think you swapped phones) or if you can find a dumb csr have it add it over the phone (he might not realize what he's doing). I have a drawer full (well, 3 anyway) of $10 web-enabled phones I got off AT&T and had unlocked for that purpose. Just don't get a data plan when you buy the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    You've got to be kidding me. $49.99 for unlimited data?????? $20 on T-Mobile and $15 on Sprint. Unbelieveable if true!
  6. #1986  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Can we revitalize the discussion on data plans? cglaguna and 100thMonkey: give me the break-down again. I'm sorry to ask, but I think a strategy is order. Some guy started a new thread and says he has a GSM today. Let's find out what data plan he has and see if he will let us probe.

    Spoke with B2B on the AT&T side of Cingular and everthing is still a go for tomorrow. The data plan is the pits. 39.99 for 3 megs and 49.99 for unlimited. "I Will Wait For The GSM Model. Who's With These Prices?" Perfect if I do VoIP was possible, but it is not. I will look closely at PalmOne tomorrow for unbranded/unlocked phone at retail price.
    Are they saying that Media Works is getting cancelled?

    What if we are already on it? (hypothetically of course)
  7. #1987  
    Not sure, but even if it's not they will be offering only the $40 PDA DATA plan on all their PDA's. It does say it expires on 1/31 but I doubt they'll drop it. If you're on it, they won't drop you (unless you change plans).
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Are they saying that Media Works is getting cancelled?

    What if we are already on it? (hypothetically of course)
  8. #1988  
    They are saying MediaWorks is for GSM Phones. And that the Treo 650 is a data device and with a phone application in it. Hence the expense...
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Are they saying that Media Works is getting cancelled?

    What if we are already on it? (hypothetically of course)
  9. #1989  
    I had previously seen $39.99 mentioned not $49.99.

    I'm still dumbfounded for two reasons:
    1.) Why does a carrier do this when their competition is beating the snot out of them on cost for data?
    2.) Why do users stay with them and not go to other carriers at these prices (assuming they want data access)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    This had been discussed over and over for a couple weeks. You're surprised?

    The only way around it is to add the $19.99 MW plan AFTER you get the phone by either giving them an IMEI from another GSM phone you have (let them think you swapped phones) or if you can find a dumb csr have it add it over the phone (he might not realize what he's doing). I have a drawer full (well, 3 anyway) of $10 web-enabled phones I got off AT&T and had unlocked for that purpose. Just don't get a data plan when you buy the phone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #1990  
    I guess they don't consider Sprint or T-Mobile their competition? Coverage wise, they certainly aren't. Yes, it's $39.99 ($40).
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I had previously seen $39.99 mentioned not $49.99.

    I'm still dumbfounded for two reasons:
    1.) Why does a carrier do this when their competition is beating the snot out of them on cost for data?
    2.) Why do users stay with them and not go to other carriers at these prices (assuming they want data access)?
  11. #1991  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I'm the "dude" with the USC avatar.
    Hey, "dude", I'm class of '01 EMBA. Helluva party last week for the championship.

    Is there are way for me to get on the Vienna Channels pre-order waitng list, or was that something exclusive to road show attendees?

    Meantime, I'm waiting just like everyone else here for the T650. Even though there's some other good threads on the subject, I won't purchase from Cing if the phone is SIM blocked, but am worried whether Cing actually does optimize their branded phone for faster networking or some such PRPRPR.
  12. #1992  
    I gotcha...

    If you're on a plan now they won't know you switched to the 650 unless you tell them...especially if they aren't the ones selling you the phone.
  13. #1993  
    The Rep said this is marketed toward the business user and not consumers. Business users have application for this plan. In a business, phones/data plans can be written off on taxes. It is a part of the expense of doing business. EDGE is what's being sold to business versus GPRS to consumers.

    I am going to gieve T-Mobile another close look. However, I really want EDGE. cglaguna says he's got the MediaWorks package on his T600, but that is not EDGE. If we can "slipshod" around the back-end and get EDGE with MediaWorks then -- Yippee!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I had previously seen $39.99 mentioned not $49.99.

    I'm still dumbfounded for two reasons:
    1.) Why does a carrier do this when their competition is beating the snot out of them on cost for data?
    2.) Why do users stay with them and not go to other carriers at these prices (assuming they want data access)?
  14. #1994  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoGrande
    Hey, "dude", I'm class of '01 EMBA. Helluva party last week for the championship.

    Meantime, I'm waiting just like everyone else here for the T650. Even though there's some other good threads on the subject, I won't purchase from Cing if the phone is SIM blocked, but am worried whether Cing actually does optimize their branded phone for faster networking or some such PRPRPR.
    I blew off the party at campus....I had already seen all the trophies down in Miami. A buddy who went to both told me he could see more at Pro Player than he could see at campus.

    Fight on!
  15. #1995  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Can we revitalize the discussion on data plans? cglaguna and 100thMonkey: give me the break-down again. I'm sorry to ask, but I think a strategy is order. Some guy started a new thread and says he has a GSM today. Let's find out what data plan he has and see if he will let us probe.

    Spoke with B2B on the AT&T side of Cingular and everthing is still a go for tomorrow. The data plan is the pits. 39.99 for 3 megs and 49.99 for unlimited. "I Will Wait For The GSM Model. Who's With These Prices?" Perfect if I do VoIP was possible, but it is not. I will look closely at PalmOne tomorrow for unbranded/unlocked phone at retail price.
    Ok, if you are concerned, what I would do is to go to Cingular, get whatever free phone they are offering, sign up for MEdia works for $19.95. This gives you 30 days of insurance. When the 650 is release either buy from Cingular or P1 and switch the cards. My rep says it will be entirely possible to do the same thing afterwards, but the skeptics are getting to me. Or get the 650 From the store with NO DATA and add the data by phone afterwards.
  16. #1996  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I blew off the party at campus....I had already seen all the trophies down in Miami. A buddy who went to both told me he could see more at Pro Player than he could see at campus.

    Fight on!
    I wanted to go, but 4:00 on a Friday afternoon to LA is not a pretty picture, and I wanted to go to take pictures of the Team with the trophy.

    Fight On!
  17. #1997  
    Oh man Happy 2000!
  18. #1998  
    You'd have to get the 650 from P1 if you take the free phone 'cause you only get 1 phone per line.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Ok, if you are concerned, what I would do is to go to Cingular, get whatever free phone they are offering, sign up for MEdia works for $19.95. This gives you 30 days of insurance. When the 650 is release either buy from Cingular or P1 and switch the cards. My rep says it will be entirely possible to do the same thing afterwards, but the skeptics are getting to me. Or get the 650 From the store with NO DATA and add the data by phone afterwards.
  19. #1999  
    I was thinking of that. I think I will do that today. I am just wondering how is it technically possible to "lock out" the Cingular branded T650 from MediaWorks. The 100thMonkey seems to think that is impossible. Perhaps the data plan price structure is a matter of "semantic" distinctions. The technology could all be the same, but the way it is packaged and marketed could be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Ok, if you are concerned, what I would do is to go to Cingular, get whatever free phone they are offering, sign up for MEdia works for $19.95. This gives you 30 days of insurance. When the 650 is release either buy from Cingular or P1 and switch the cards. My rep says it will be entirely possible to do the same thing afterwards, but the skeptics are getting to me. Or get the 650 From the store with NO DATA and add the data by phone afterwards.
  20. #2000  
    MisterED, brilliant.... That's it. I did not know that. Thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You'd have to get the 650 from P1 if you take the free phone 'cause you only get 1 phone per line.

Posting Permissions