Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Temptation to get a CDMA version is getting harder and harder to resist. I need a little bit more GSM support, guys. I need to see a glimpse of light at the end of this long *** GSM tunnel.

Any GSM rumors? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Cingular? AT&T? Can you hear me now? Help!!!
    only rumor is that att expects them in december. not a solid rumor though.

i'm thinking january, but i hope i am wrong.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Stay strong, later on you will laugh about how a few weeks was nothing. You don't want to cave and later feel sorry you did just for a 3 to 4 week high. It's coming.....
    Temptation to get a CDMA version is getting harder and harder to resist. I need a little bit more GSM support, guys. I need to see a glimpse of light at the end of this long *** GSM tunnel.

Any GSM rumors? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Cingular? AT&T? Can you hear me now? Help!!!
    The shoddy manner in which P1 treats GSM users really angers me. That said, GSM is GSM. I am at least as committed to GSM as to Treo and more than to P1. I expect to spit on P1's grave.

January/February 2005...
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    only rumor is that att expects them in december. not a solid rumor though.

i'm thinking january, but i hope i am wrong.
    I'll take the flakey December rumor. Any chance that Cingular would carry it then as well? Thank you for the quick GSM rumor fix!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    The shoddy manner in which P1 treats GSM users really angers me. That said, GSM is GSM. I am at least as committed to GSM as to Treo and more than to P1. I expect to spit on P1's grave.
    I'm right there with you, buddy. That's why I wrote a feedback to P1 about how they discriminate us GSM folks. I hope everyone on this thread will write something to P1 and voice your anger (hopefully in a polite and professional manner). :P
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I'm right there with you, buddy. That's why I wrote a feedback to P1 about how they discriminate us GSM folks. I hope everyone on this thread will write something to P1 and voice your anger (hopefully in a polite and professional manner). :P
    It's not discrimination... it's pleasing the investors. Sprint has put forth a great deal of money to fund Treo development. PalmOne is not the criminal here... your carrier is. When Cingular or T-Mobile starts bankrolling smartphone development for PalmOne, the tables will balance out and maybe GSM phones will get the jump next time.

Call your carrier and complain. PalmOne did the right thing. And yes, I'm waiting with the rest of the GSM folks.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Stay strong, later on you will laugh about how a few weeks was nothing. You don't want to cave and later feel sorry you did just for a 3 to 4 week high. It's coming.....
    Thanks for the support, buddy! I needed it.
    Also set your sites realistic and you won't be let down. I have focused on Jan 11, shipping date. It is my prediction and has been. I have been through enough of these is my gut feeling. It is baseless and without any information, just a gut.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Also set your sites realistic and you won't be let down. I have focused on Jan 11, shipping date. It is my prediction and has been. I have been through enough of these is my gut feeling. It is baseless and without any information, just a gut.
    TechJunk & GSMers,

Remember the speech Morphesus gave to Zion, in Mtrx 2. I really don't have a point in conjuring up your recollection of that scene. I just like the imagery it conveys in my mind about the resilence of true geekin' GSMers.

"Patience Luke, use the Force," until January
    Episode III preview at http://www.starwars.com/
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Now calm down, and take a deep breath.

Repeat this phrase: "GSM/EDGE is a superiour technology. I CAN wait for the BEST".

If you are still having trouble, buy yourself an old Treo 180/270 (if you haven't got one) and then compare it to your Treo 600, and remind yourself what a GREAT smartphone it is.

Patience is rewarded...
    I'm trying to work out if I should go for the GSM 650. I'm with Sprint in the San Francisco Bay Area (Sausalito) right now. Sprint works pretty well here, but AT&T was dreadful, which forced me to switch to Sprint a few months ago.
    Now I'm worried about which service is the best in this area. Do I stick with Sprint or risk it with a new carrier in order to get GSM?
    Any Bay Area GSM lovers here? What carrier is best for GSM?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yup, that "discrimination" has cost P1 a bunch of market share in Europe.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    I'm trying to work out if I should go for the GSM 650. I'm with Sprint in the San Francisco Bay Area (Sausalito) right now. Sprint works pretty well here, but AT&T was dreadful, which forced me to switch to Sprint a few months ago.
    Now I'm worried about which service is the best in this area. Do I stick with Sprint or risk it with a new carrier in order to get GSM?
    If you are happy with your coverage, do not even consider switching for technology.

That said, I live three months a year in Monterey and visit SF. I use T-Mo and am very happy with it. (Three years ago when I first started to go Monterey, there was no Sprint coverage there. That may have been fixed by now but I will never know.)
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Now calm down, and take a deep breath.

Repeat this phrase: "GSM/EDGE is a superiour technology. I CAN wait for the BEST".

If you are still having trouble, buy yourself an old Treo 180/270 (if you haven't got one) and then compare it to your Treo 600, and remind yourself what a GREAT smartphone it is.

Patience is rewarded...

The problem is that I don't even have a Treo 600 to do that with. I'm totally treo-less. I'm just using a Nokia 3650 right now. You feel my pain yet?
  16.    #196  
    Now that we learn Amazon sells the Sprint Treo for $369.99, would you wait a few more weeks after the initial launch to buy the GSM model from Amazon instead?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    Now that we learn Amazon sells the Sprint Treo for $369.99, would you wait a few more weeks after the initial launch to buy the GSM model from Amazon instead?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    As I read the Amazon page, they are offering it at $569- with service. They then deduct a $200- special offer from Sprint. There may be no relationship between that price and what a GSM phone will sell for. I expect to have to wait a long time in any case, but I will check out Amazon.

The problem is that I don't even have a Treo 600 to do that with. I'm totally treo-less. I'm just using a Nokia 3650 right now. You feel my pain yet?
    I do. It is a real dilemma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    You've got one right here. I live in the city and commute to Berkeley every day. I use T-Mobile and wouldn't think of changing (unless they did something royally stupid). I get 1000 minutes with free N/W for $40 a month. When I get the 650 (currently sharing in the 3650 "pain"), I'm going to add t-zones (WAP and POP) for $5 more. It's a hell of a deal.

watch paris hilton do her little dance...thats hot! I was reading on hofo.com that cingular has dropped the price on their treo handsets, that only means the handsets from p1 will be here before you know it.
    ps-i didnt know that sprint funded the development of the treo---wow
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.