Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just pre-ordered my Sprint Treo 650 by calling palmOne's 800 number. Since I was talking to a live person, I asked about any sort of upgrade offers for current owners of the Treo 600. I was told 'Yes, there is one but you have to specifically ASK for it.'

The deal is this: After providing your ESN, you get a FREE Bluetooth Jabra Headset!!!

As far as I know, there is no downside to doing this....and this deal does not appear to be available by pre-ordering through their website.

Hope that helps somebody.

-Brian-
    -Brian-
    thanks for the tip i hope they will do this to the unlocked GSM version becuase as soon as they release that i shall be putting my name down
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan

The deal is this: After providing your ESN, you get a FREE Bluetooth Jabra Headset!!!

Which headset is it?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    That certainly kicks TreoCentral in the face, don't it?

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=13

Again.
    This does seem true, although I was told I need to wait for my order (which I placed online) to replicate to the service database and then call back to cancel the first order, and then place a new order and mention the upgrade. A free headset is given away :-D
    [removed -KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 11/08/2004 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by random4493
    Seldom,

Are you a psychopath?
    He is always this way. He has that link to ignore him in his signature for a reason.
    random4493,

Are you an obsessed fan of mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    He is always this way. He has that link to ignore him in his signature for a reason.
    Indeed I do.

Now then - back on topic a little more clearly defined so the braindead losers understand...

Sprint offering their own free Bluetooth headset certainly makes TreoCentral's offer of a free headset if you buy it via them sorta moot, no? It sorta makes what at first appeared to be something special about buying from TreoCentral no longer special, no? It sorta looks like PalmOne doesn't [care] about the biggest Treo Fan site on the Internet, no?

It's a kick in the teeth to TreoCentral thanks to PalmOne, no?

Tenkuveddymuch.

And maybe it's time TreoCentral realized PalmOne needs them more than they need PalmOne.

[editted to remove harsh language - KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 11/08/2004 at 04:31 PM.
    [removed -KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 11/08/2004 at 04:31 PM.
    Yes, I'm sure PalmOne would surely flush if TreoCentral wasn't around. Very astute. :P
    I think you mean sociopath.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    That certainly kicks TreoCentral in the face, don't it?

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=13

Again.
    You're so precious, SV
    No

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Indeed I do.

Now then - back on topic a little more clearly defined so the braindead losers understand...

Sprint offering their own free Bluetooth headset certainly makes TreoCentral's offer of a free headset if you buy it via them sorta moot, no? It sorta makes what at first appeared to be something special about buying from TreoCentral no longer special, no? It sorta looks like PalmOne doesn't give a flying **** about the biggest Treo Fan site on the Internet, no?

It's a kick in the teeth to TreoCentral thanks to PalmOne, no?

Tenkuveddymuch.

And maybe it's time TreoCentral realized PalmOne needs them more than they need PalmOne.
    I wonder what TreoCentral now has to say about this?

Are they pleased?
    According to Josh, employe number 79013, you get a FREE JABRA Bluetooth headset when you upgrade form any handheld to the Treo650. Call 1-800-881-7256 and ask for him.

Just give them your Serial number..it's taht easy. SO even a TreoCentral store one will get you a Jabra heatset too I think.
    I just got the Treo650, with a car charger and the Jabra heaadset to the door for $629
    I am preordered and Josh said that is ANY of the other stuff is back ordered, the Treo650 still ships

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...equestid=50780

The serial number is the one in the larger font, on the back of the treo650, it's
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 11/08/2004 at 02:10 PM.
    Yes, that's true - but as noted in that link up there in my first post in this thread, TreoCentral was using the "free headset" idea as making them something special

== "...We will offer a free BlueTrek G2 Bluetooth
    == headset with each new Sprint activation!..."

THEN Sprint/PalmOne came out and said "Me, too!".

Makes TreoCentral's "We're special though!" no longer valid - surprise!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I imagine there is no price discount though, right?
    OK just did it, make sure you ask for free overnight shipping too, as they try and charge you for it!! So Treo 650, overnight shipping, and BT headset, for $599!!

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    OK just did it, make sure you ask for free overnight shipping too, as they try and charge you for it!! So Treo 650, overnight shipping, and BT headset, for $599!!
    Aint it GREAT!!!
    Plus the Jabra is better then the Blue Trek I think, either way, FREE is GOOD!

Bluetrek
    http://www.bluetrek.com/bluetrekG2/bluetrekG2.htm
    P1's Jabra
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...equestid=50780

Note: the Bluetrek has an extra hour of talk time, almost double the standby time and is half the weight, they seemt to both have a 2hr charge time
    BlueTrek- 9hr .4oz or 12 grams
    Jabra- 8hr .8oz or 22grams
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 11/08/2004 at 01:59 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast