Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Damn,

I am having a tough time getting these guys to cancel the order I did on-line :-( Don't want to place a new order until I am sure the current one is cancelled. It's crazy. First they tell me that they can't see the order !!!! and then they say they have placed a cancel request on the order but no guarantee that it can be cancelled !!! Plus, they couldn't tell me how long I'd have to wait to see if/when it gets cancelled. Now that is one bad order management system !!!
    Has anyone been able to verify which Jabra model?
    Chill out man, place the new order ASAP via phone, so it ships ASAP... Your not gona end up with two units. You can cancel tomorrow, when the first order posts in their system.

Its real! Just ordered it $599 w/FREE Jabra BT Headset and FREE Overnight shipping. The rep said should ship in 1 week.

Also, no sales tax!!!
    I wonder if this is available to new customers (those without ESN's of Sprint branded 600's)? Has anyone tried?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Anyone not upgrading wanna give me an ESN for a treo? Pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I wonder if this is available to new customers (those without ESN's of Sprint branded 600's)? Has anyone tried?
    All they want is your serial number for the unit... not the ESN number. The rep didn't specify it had to be a Sprint 600, although mine was.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Call. he made it sound like it was any Treo upgrade
    Thanks.
    horsemanp: You're right. Just phoned in the new order and will call up tomorrow to cancel the older order. New order shows the headset :-D

Tres cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    I just pre-ordered my Sprint Treo 650 by calling palmOne's 800 number. Since I was talking to a live person, I asked about any sort of upgrade offers for current owners of the Treo 600. I was told 'Yes, there is one but you have to specifically ASK for it.'

The deal is this: After providing your ESN, you get a FREE Bluetooth Jabra Headset!!!

As far as I know, there is no downside to doing this....and this deal does not appear to be available by pre-ordering through their website.

Hope that helps somebody.

-Brian-
    I just got this email with the offer.
    I just got an email from PalmOne saying:

== "...Already own a palmOne handheld or smartphone? You'll also
    == be eligible for a great new upgrade program. Just order your Treo
    == 650 smartphone with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll
    == receive a FREE Bluetooth® headset with your order ($99 value).
    == Plus, if you're one of the first 100 people to place your order, you'll
    == also receive a FREE autographed copy of Jeff Hawkins' ground breaking
    == new book On Intelligence..."

Giggle.

They must be really selling those TREOs, eh?

When the early-adopters say "Nah, think I'll wait", PLMO listens.

And maybe quivers?

=====

Note - "early adopter" has always been the customer set that HAND/PLMO have sold most TREOs to by far - and is THE customer set that PLMO once again said was the one that the TREO 650 was aimed at in their most recent public talk (Morgan Stanley presentation?). See note below.

=====

This note added after the fact after thinking about that paragraph directly above - I am not sure if PLMO said early-adopters were the TREO 650 target or if early-adopters were the reason they weren't interested in nearterm price breaks on TREOs of some flavor. As such, take that part that reads "PLMO once again..." above with a grain of salt - I'm too lazy to replay the presentation recording to confirm - you can if you like; it's on PalmOne's Investor Relations site and, I believe, the relevant part is during the Q&A.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/08/2004 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added final paragraph caveat
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    Thanks for the link. I actually put in my Treo 300 SN and it worked fine. Tommorrow I'll cancel my original order.
    Precisely. I don't think they built enough of the pre-game hype they thought they would. I don't think your blurb is completely indicative of that -- although it does seem to suggest it. For all we know, they might be bundling these headsets to just clear inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    I just got an email from PalmOne saying:

== "...Already own a palmOne handheld or smartphone? You'll also
    == be eligible for a great new upgrade program. Just order your Treo
    == 650 smartphone with or without a Sprint service plan and you'll
    == receive a FREE Bluetooth® headset with your order ($99 value).
    == Plus, if you're one of the first 100 people to place your order, you'll
    == also receive a FREE autographed copy of Jeff Hawkins' ground breaking
    == new book On Intelligence..."

Giggle.

They must be really selling those TREOs, eh?

When the early-adopters say "Nah, think I'll wait", PLMO listens.

And maybe quivers?

=====

Note - "early adopter" has always been the customer set that HAND/PLMO have sold most TREOs to by far - and is THE customer set that PLMO once again said was the one that the TREO 650 was aimed at in their most recent public talk (Morgan Stanley presentation?). See note below.

=====

This note added after the fact after thinking about that paragraph directly above - I am not sure if PLMO said early-adopters were the TREO 650 target or if early-adopters were the reason they weren't interested in nearterm price breaks on TREOs of some flavor. As such, take that last sentence above with a grain of salt - I'm too lazy to replay the presentation recording to confirm - you can if you like; it's on PalmOne's Investor Relations site and, I believe, the relevant part is during the Q&A.
    If anyone doesn't plan on upgrading, could I use your ESN #? Thanks, PM me.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

If anyone doesn't plan on upgrading, could I use your ESN #? Thanks, PM me.

Not with that foolish anti-american avatar of yours!

Anyway, I just ordered my own.
    I also think a point here is that we cannot order from TreoCentral if we have existing Sprint service. The free headset is a benefit for those of us upgrading with existing service. I just re-ordered myself and got the headset. Placed a previous order this AM. Will cancel the other tomorrow.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast