Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TeleSales - Phones & Accessories and Customer Service for Phone & Online orders
    1-888-253-1315
    1-866-PCS-AUTO (1-866-727-2886) (Telematics TeleSales)
    1-888-233-3538

After 1.5 hours on the phone, calling a bunch of different Sprint numbers, and getting 10 differnt answers from 15 people, as well as being put back into que by mistake several time, I was able to Pre-ordered my Treo650.

Call Telesales. You can paper preorder the Treo650, they can't run the Credit Card untill then, so they will call you to get it. So it puts you in the Pre-Order line I guess.
    You can't do it from a Sprint Store like some of the Sprint Reps are saying and you can't pre-order from the main line, unless they transfer you to telesales.

So she said that I am now pre-ordered, they will call my cell for the CC info and that it's supose to hit Nove14-15, but may be earlier. She sounded like it would be earlier, but didn't want to give a date of obvoius reasons..

Hope this saves someones morning/afternoon.

Good luck, Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 11/08/2004 at 12:10 PM.
    You can preorder on palmone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dethman
    You can preorder on palmone.
    Yea, but didn't know if I could get the $150 discount if I got it via P1
    What's the freaking price? LOL

I talked to a business rep today who actually said that she could ship me the phone in 2 or 3 days. She took a paper order from me and took my credit card info. This was through the business line. She did not have a price and neither did her manager but she said that she my order was accepted.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    What's the freaking price? LOL

I talked to a business rep today who actually said that she could ship me the phone in 2 or 3 days. She took a paper order from me and took my credit card info. This was through the business line. She did not have a price and neither did her manager but she said that she my order was accepted.
    I assume MSRP $599, will confirm when they call for the info

I thought you said you odered it in your post and that you would get in 2-3 days. Thgouht you said they are shippig now.

Now you say it was a paper order (Pre-Order). That is why I started this thread, I kept telling them that you ORDERED yours, not pre-orderd, so I kept insisting that I wanted to buy it now, once I found out about the Telesales stuff, I did a pre order and did a post to save peoples time.

Seeing that Sprint is not always on top of things, I assumed you were right. Perhaps I read your post wrong, but I took it as you had ordered a Treo650 and it would be in your hands in 2-3 days. That is was shipping.

Also, they told me they could not take the CC info yet and they woudl call my cell. The person I talked to, said she would be the one to call me too.

When you said paper order, at the end of your post, about the fac that you ordered yours and it was shipping now, I assumed you ment they were taking the info down to put into the system when the PN is there, not a paper order-PreOrder deal

Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I just ordered my Treo 650 which will be sent to me in 2-3 business days from Spint!!!!
    (I live in the Washington, DC Metro area)

The Sprint's business customer service is currently taking orders for the Treo 650 and they are shipping right now!!!

I own a small business so I just put the phone in my corporate name.

They are taking paper orders as the 650 is not in the system yet.
    At the bottom of this page, Treocentral states the following:

Q: When can I get one?

A: Sprint, as previously announced, will carry the Treo 650 in all of it's channels in mid November for a base price of $599. The Treo 650 will be Sprint Exclusive until December at least, most likely heading into 2005. New users will be offered a $150 rebate. Customers who have been with Sprint for more than 18 months will also be offered this $150 credit toward a Treo 650 (This is the "upgrade" credit). An additional $30 discount will be provided for customers who purchase the phone online. palmOne did not announce any other carriers, but the GSM units at the show are all colored AT Wireless Blue (hmm... makes you think). While not announced, in early 2005 TreoCentral expects AT&T Wireless and Orange to begin offering the Treo 650.

So if I understand this correctly, existing Sprint customers will also get the phone for $449..... RIGHT???
    go.digital
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dulan
    At the bottom of this page, Treocentral states the following:

Q: When can I get one?

A: Sprint, as previously announced, will carry the Treo 650 in all of it's channels in mid November for a base price of $599. The Treo 650 will be Sprint Exclusive until December at least, most likely heading into 2005. New users will be offered a $150 rebate. Customers who have been with Sprint for more than 18 months will also be offered this $150 credit toward a Treo 650 (This is the "upgrade" credit). An additional $30 discount will be provided for customers who purchase the phone online. palmOne did not announce any other carriers, but the GSM units at the show are all colored AT Wireless Blue (hmm... makes you think). While not announced, in early 2005 TreoCentral expects AT&T Wireless and Orange to begin offering the Treo 650.

So if I understand this correctly, existing Sprint customers will also get the phone for $449..... RIGHT???
    Only if you are eligiable for the Handset Upgrade I think, You can check here... http://www.sprintrebates.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I assume MSRP $599, will confirm when they call for the info

I thought you said you odered it in your post and that you would get in 2-3 days. Thgouht you said they are shippig now.

Now you say it was a paper order (Pre-Order). That is why I started this thread, I kept telling them that you ORDERED yours, not pre-orderd, so I kept insisting that I wanted to buy it now, once I found out about the Telesales stuff, I did a pre order and did a post to save peoples time.

Seeing that Sprint is not always on top of things, I assumed you were right. Perhaps I read your post wrong, but I took it as you had ordered a Treo650 and it would be in your hands in 2-3 days. That is was shipping.

Also, they told me they could not take the CC info yet and they woudl call my cell. The person I talked to, said she would be the one to call me too.

When you said paper order, at the end of your post, about the fac that you ordered yours and it was shipping now, I assumed you ment they were taking the info down to put into the system when the PN is there, not a paper order-PreOrder deal

I DID actually order the phone and she did say that I would have it in 2 or 3 days.

At first the regular customer service agent said she would take my paper pre-order.

BUT........I wanted a business phone so she transferred me tobusiness sales who actually took the paper order. (credit card info and all)

I just assumed that they were taking orders for everyone because she took my order......I'm no one special......LOL
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 11/08/2004 at 12:52 PM.
    Just because you called enough people to find someone who would actually write your order down when their system wouldn't take the order guarantees nothing. It might be legit, or you might have just found a sales agent who was hungry enough to waste a few minutes hoping they'd be able to sell it to you once it became available.

"You say you want a ... how was that ... Tredoo 650? Uh, yeah, we got those. Let me have a credit card number please." Bird in the hand as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    Just because you called enough people to find someone who would actually write your order down when their system wouldn't take the order guarantees nothing. It might be legit, or you might have just found a sales agent who was hungry enough to waste a few minutes hoping they'd be able to sell it to you once it became available.

"You say you want a ... how was that ... Tredoo 650? Uh, yeah, we got those. Let me have a credit card number please." Bird in the hand as it were.
    You're right! I called back and another agent said that they were taking pre-orders only BUT another guy called and confirmed one order was being sent out.

So...it's the waiting game now.
    Thanks to Burkhardi...I also pre-ordered with Sprint. They did take all my information AND my credit card, but were very explicit that I was NOT ordering it...just pre-ordering it and that it would not be sent out until at least Nov. 15th when it is suppose to be released. They also told me that they would call me before actually ordering the phone to tell me. They told me the price was $629.00, minus $150 for a new service (which will show up as a credit on my account). I had a VERY sharp service woman, who knew her stuff and when she didn't, she found out and CALLED ME BACK immediately with the answer...I was very impressed. And it only took me three phone calls and three CSR and a half hour to get the answer I wanted....amazing. Now the wait is on...Thanks again for the tip.
    well my biz rep took all my info CC info swore that the phone would be in my hand tomorrow. I kinda chuckled but I am going to be HELLA optimistic. But I fully expect her to retract all of this in about 30 min when she calls me w/ a "tracking number"
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I'lll be really impressed if anyone gets the phone this week.

According to my sources at Sprint, it is still not in the system. That means it is not yet in inventory. They are still showing a "mid-November" date for arrival and then release. Since P1 was supposed to have to them initially in early November, they are somewhat skeptical about the mid-November date. That is the reason for the hedging.

Those paper orders that are being taken cannot be entered into a computer until the 650 is in the system. It's not there, yet. It might be tomorrow, in which case you'd have a leg up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
  14.    #14  
    I just called Palm One.
    I pre-orderd the Treo650 and got A FREE JABRA blutooth headset when I gave them my Serial Number off my Treo600.
    So I am getting a Treo650, Car charger and Jabra BT heaset for $629 to the door. I don't see why Sprint would get them before P1. Free overnight shipping too.

I also called Sprint, the handset upgrade is $150 and it's a check sent to you , not a credit for the account. Also, you DO NOT have to buy from Sprint see said.

So Palm One it is...
    Since I didn't give Sprint my CC info, I am in the clear....

Gotta love it.

Oh yea, Call Palm One, ask for Josh, his employee numer is 79013 and he knows about the FREE JABRA BLUETOOTH headset.
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...equestid=49986

COME ON TREO650....
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 11/08/2004 at 02:12 PM.
    TeleSales - Phones & Accessories and Customer Service for Phone & Online orders
    1-888-253-1315
    1-866-PCS-AUTO (1-866-727-2886) (Telematics TeleSales)
    1-888-233-3538

After 1.5 hours on the phone, calling a bunch of different Sprint numbers, and getting 10 differnt answers from 15 people, as well as being put back into que by mistake several time, I was able to Pre-ordered my Treo650.

Call Telesales. You can paper preorder the Treo650, they can't run the Credit Card untill then, so they will call you to get it. So it puts you in the Pre-Order line I guess.
    You can't do it from a Sprint Store like some of the Sprint Reps are saying and you can't pre-order from the main line, unless they transfer you to telesales.

So she said that I am now pre-ordered, they will call my cell for the CC info and that it's supose to hit Nove14-15, but may be earlier. She sounded like it would be earlier, but didn't want to give a date of obvoius reasons..

Hope this saves someones morning/afternoon.

Good luck, Matt
    After speaking to four different reps on four different calls, all told me the same thing. They all said that if they take a "paper order" it is really just a piece of paper, not even an official order form. They said that that piece of paper will go into a folder in someones drawer until the computer shows it as inventory for sale. They also said that I would actually have a better chance of just calling back the day it is available( still could only tell me MID NOV). They took my order anyway, but even the girl I spoke with last who took my "paper order" said that even the sharpest rep would have trouble filling the "paper order" first because " live phone orders will be overwhelming and take precedence over paper orders", as they will be so busy answering phones that it would actually take longer to fill the "paper orders".

Good Luck Everyone!

Sprint=Stupid Phones Ready Inventory Not Today
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I just called Palm One.
    I pre-orderd the Treo650 and got A FREE JABRA blutooth headset when I gave them my Serial Number off my Treo600.
    So I am getting a Treo650, Car charger and Jabra BT heaset for $629 to the door. I don't see why Sprint would get them before P1. Free overnight shipping too.

I also called Sprint, the handset upgrade is $150 and it's a check sent to you , not a credit for the account. Also, you DO NOT have to buy from Sprint see said.

So Palm One it is...
    Since I didn't give Sprint my CC info, I am in the clear....

Gotta love it.

Oh yea, Call Palm One, ask for Josh, his employee numer is 79013 and he knows about the FREE JABRA BLUETOOTH headset.
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...equestid=49986

COME ON TREO650....
    Matt,

#1 What is the phone number to call Josh?

# 2 Can you still get the Sprint $150 discount even if you buy throught Palmone?

# Thanks!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  17.    #17  
    1- 1800 881-7256
    2- I was told yes you can, that is why I went with P1 and will not give Sprint my CC info when they call me for the PreOrder.
    3-your welcome!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Let me get this straight. I ordered mine today. Im actually #788807. If I call Palm1 and give them my current treo serial # Im entitled to get a FREE JABRA also? If so what number do I call..

Thanks!

Migs
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Let me get this straight. I ordered mine today. Im actually #788807. If I call Palm1 and give them my current treo serial # Im entitled to get a FREE JABRA also? If so what number do I call..

Thanks!

Migs
    You ordered from Sprint or PalmOne? I assume P1 with the 788807?
    If so, yes, call them,some people are ordering again and cancelling the first. I don't know if you need to do that, you may be able to just tget the headset, but it may cost you shipping that way?

Call them, that way there are no questions..
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sorry for leaving that out.. I do that alot.. I ordered from PALM1 this morning.. I also ordered another from Sprint. I ordered two in the event I get them both I will give it to my wife. The 788807 is from Palmone's confirmation they gave me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast