Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    What program should I choose to edit Word documents on the Treo? I had a look at WordToGo, and it looked pretty good, but it does not support the alt key (see http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13186 ) . Since I have no intention to start fiddling around with the stylus simply to enter text, I wonder what alternative you could recommend that actually supports keyboard entry?

    Since PalmOne bundles DocumentsToGo with the Treo, I was expecting it to be properly Treo aware. So why is PalmOne choosing it and why do they not use their leverage to get DataViz to properly support the Treo?!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Since PalmOne bundles DocumentsToGo with the Treo, I was expecting it to be properly Treo aware. So why is PalmOne choosing it and why do they not use their leverage to get DataViz to properly support the Treo?!
    DTG is the only app that supports natively word/excel file types with editing! That's why Palmone chose to bundle it with the Treo650. Also, P1 only bundled the email attachment viewer with the Treo 600...

    As fas as other apps, checkout QuickOffice Premier, Wordsmith, MobiWord etc...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    DTG is the only app that supports natively word/excel file types with editing! That's why Palmone chose to bundle it with the Treo650. Also, P1 only bundled the email attachment viewer with the Treo 600...

    As fas as other apps, checkout QuickOffice Premier, Wordsmith, MobiWord etc...
    Nice to see you back here, gfunk.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your suggestions, gfunk. I checked out both Wordsmith and QuickOffice, and both properly support the alt key! So I am now between a rock and a hard place: Either native document support or halving my text entry speed due to excessive soft keyboard use. Maybe there are simple not enough Treo users speaking Spanish, French or German?
  5. #5  
    Seems like it should be an easy thing for DTG to fix?

    Is there a Tab key on the T600?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moroner
    Thanks for your suggestions, gfunk. I checked out both Wordsmith and QuickOffice, and both properly support the alt key! So I am now between a rock and a hard place: Either native document support or halving my text entry speed due to excessive soft keyboard use. Maybe there are simple not enough Treo users speaking Spanish, French or German?

    Well just to elaborate. QuickOffice 7 Premier does indeed support native Word/Excel file types for viewing. However it converts if to html if you try to edit it on the Treo. So you can have native file types using QO, but you can't edit them natively afaikafaikafaik...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Editing in QuickWord is another matter, however. You can edit and the format is readable by Word, but the capabilities are a bit limited. If I had to rank their editing power, it would be on a scale of 1 - 5: Quickword 2, Wordsmith 4, WordToGo 4-5. In other words, I have to find out which is the least crippled version I can live with! Why can't DataViz simply fix their app, and make me a happy man?
  8. #8  
    I am also evaluating apps to view Word docs and Excel spreadsheets. I have previously never tried the included DTG on my T600 but just did purposefully try to read a 25kb MS Word attachment in my PalmOne email client but received the following DTG error: "Translation failed with error 65535". Because its the viewer edition, it does not have any menu choices and I cannot determine what version the viewer is. Has anyone experienced problem-resolution with this issue?

    I am bringing this issue to DataViz as well but thought I'd get faster and more accurate response via TC peeps. Thanks.

Posting Permissions