Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I am so sick of Sprint's upgrade policies! They offer these great deals for new lines of service or for 2 year contracts. Why can't they ever reward customers who have stuck with them for years?? I have been a Sprint PCS customer for 6 1/2 years now, and the only way I ever get deals on phones is if I sign up for 2 more years... I am nearing the point where I want to switch carriers, so no more huge contracts for me....

On another note, does anyone else remember the discount that was offered from Handspring when the Treo 600 was released? It was a huge discount for owners of the Treo 300. I was able to get the 600 for a very reasonable price from that deal, and was wondering if PalmOne will be offering this same deal in the future?
    Just the way it is. There's more money to be made in signing up new customers or "terming" existing customers. If you feel you deserve a deal ask to talk to the retention people or abandon ship.
    The only way to get something out of sprint to best take advantage of the "new customer" rates is to purchase your phone after the 18 months, and at the end of your contract. You threaten them with leaving and they WILL give you the credit. Any time before that, you can still threaten to leave and may or may not make some headway. For example, I talked them into a $75.00 credit. I am just under 12 months on my 600. Be firm but not obnoxious in dealing with them.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe
    I am so sick of Sprint's upgrade policies! They offer these great deals for new lines of service or for 2 year contracts...the only way I ever get deals on phones is if I sign up for 2 more years... I am nearing the point where I want to switch carriers, so no more huge contracts for me....
    If you re-sign for a year you can get $100 service credit rebate when activating the 650. I think that is a pretty decent deal. Each year, I typically upgrade to the newest gadget and get a service credit by renewing for ONE year.

Your best bet is to NOT ASK QUESTIONS of the Sprint Reps, regarding the rebate. They typically make stuff up as they go along. The answers are all in the "terms and conditions". Just call to activate your new phone, TELL them that you will be signing a new one year agreement and that you are eligible for the service credit rebate. I've done it each year, without hassle. If you act like you know what you are doing then you are home free.

K