Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just ordered my Treo 650 which will be sent to me in 2-3 business days from Spint!!!!
    (I live in the Washington, DC Metro area)

The Sprint's business customer service is currently taking orders for the Treo 650 and they are shipping right now!!!

I own a small business so I just put the phone in my corporate name.

They are taking paper orders as the 650 is not in the system yet.
    What was your cost?

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    What is the phone number????
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    On their site it lists: 1-888-322-3961

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    I wonder if me (a consumer) should even bother to call ?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I just called and they said that the only phone they were taking orders was the PPC 6601????? Are you sure you ordered a 650?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    What was your cost?

That's the funny thing about it. They don't know that the cost will be! They could not find the phone in the system at all. They told me that I could wait a few days or a week. I said "NO"! But she insisted that I will have the phone in 2-3 days.

I can always send it back within 14 days if they hit me with a crazy price and pre-order it like you "coach" guys for $449! LOL Right now, I'm flying "first class"! LOL

It's $449 with a 2 year agreement with Sprint on Pa1m One's website so hopefully I will get that price.

I just want to actually see a 650 in person! LOL
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Who did you talk to?
    My Phone history.....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I just called and they said that the only phone they were taking orders was the PPC 6601????? Are you sure you ordered a 650?
    I sure hope the f*ck so! LOL

I called 3 times and finally got a girl who said that she was taking orders now for it. This is the business division.

She asked me if I wanted the one with the camera or without the camera, so I donlt think that the PPC 6601 has that option.

Keep calling. Ask for a manager...........Like I said I called several times because I was getting different answers from everyone and finally she said that I could order it now but it would be a paper order.

She took all of my information so we will see............!
    I think you did order the 6601. A guy last week was talking about this very phone and that it has an option of cam verses no cam.
    It is the guy with the tiger image...what's his name...named after the comic strip.
    Eric
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I sure hope the f*ck so! LOL

I called 3 times and finally got a girl who said that she was taking orders now for it. This is the business division.

She asked me if I wanted the one with the camera or without the camera, so I donlt think that the PPC 6601 has that option.

Keep calling. Ask for a manager...........Like I said I called several times because I was getting different answers from everyone and finally she said that I could order it now but it would be a paper order.

She took all of my information so we will see............!

You might want to call back and verify your order!
    My Phone history.....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    You might want to call back and verify your order!
    She said that she would call me when she got a price.
    Ok, I just called once, I callled the buisiness line. They said that I HAVE to go to a Sprint Store to order the Treo650.
    I called again and they said that as of now, you HAVE to go to a Sprint store, then I asked about you, they said YOU MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TOO, but as of know, their memos say STORE ONLY. She said there may have been an email saying that. She said that you may have been able to call in the past, but as of now, it walk in only.

She made it sound like it could have been that you could have called an hour ago and ordered it, but now you have to walk in.

Perhaps due to all the confusion about pricing and such they want to see you?
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 11/08/2004 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a CSR. She was very good in the sense that she checks every morning the warehouse for inventory. She did see it in the computers but like everyone says it shows mid Nov. She asked her supervisor which allowed me to place a PAPER ORDER. Once the phone shows up on computer she will send me the phone next day. To go along with this she also gave me her phone number as well as her supervisor incase I wante to check on it. She will call me if the phone shows up in system sooner than expected. We shall seeeeeeeeeeeee
    I got off the phone with the Sprint Business CSR as well. I was told that she could not take my order for the Treo 650 today. She mentioned that I could call back on the 15th and place the order then. She said that it would be available to all Sprint customers at that time, not just the business ones.

Perhaps those who could place an order today, have a better relationship with their reps.

-Jesse
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    I got off the phone with the Sprint Business CSR as well. I was told that she could not take my order for the Treo 650 today. She mentioned that I could call back on the 15th and place the order then. She said that it would be available to all Sprint customers at that time, not just the business ones.

Perhaps those who could place an order today, have a better relationship with their reps.

-Jesse
    I don't know. I just called, honestly! I called like 3 or 4 times. I don't know anyone at Sprint. I don't even have Sprint now. I have Verizon.

The lady in regular customer service told me that she could take a paper PRE-ORDER from me today. I told her that I wanted the phone on a business account. She then transferred me to business customer service. I was expecting the business rep to take a pre-order as well. Then she told me that she was NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS for the Treo 650. I could not believe it!

She said that the Treo 650 was not in the system but that she was taking paper orders. I asked her how much the phone was. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back without an answer. Her manager did not even know how much it was. BUT, she still took my order.......I told her to call me if she found any pricing information. She told me that it could be higher than PalmOne's prince but she did not know.

You have to keep asking because I am finding out that corporations don't communicate well within their own organizations. I talked to 4 or 5 people and I got a different answer each time I called. Keep calling until you talk to someone who knows what is going on..........
    Don't misunderstand me-- I do believe you. I'll keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I just got off the phone with a CSR. She was very good in the sense that she checks every morning the warehouse for inventory. She did see it in the computers but like everyone says it shows mid Nov. She asked her supervisor which allowed me to place a PAPER ORDER. Once the phone shows up on computer she will send me the phone next day. To go along with this she also gave me her phone number as well as her supervisor incase I wante to check on it. She will call me if the phone shows up in system sooner than expected. We shall seeeeeeeeeeeee
    Did they take your CC info, or will they call you for it when they have then ready to ship?
    It's so frustrating dealing w/ Sprint's phone CSR's because some of them are quite informed & helpful, while others are totally clueless. You never know which type you'll get. You'd think they'd all have the same info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    It's so frustrating dealing w/ Sprint's phone CSR's because some of them are quite informed & helpful, while others are totally clueless. You never know which type you'll get. You'd think they'd all have the same info.
    That is the only real beef I have w. Sprint, like the whole Sanghai, China fiasco...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast