Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    november 16 ill be there .... what will the sprint phone cost me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    Shanta, please let us know if you were successful .
    Went to my local SPCS store and they said nope I cannot get the $150 (for the handset upgrade program)if I buy the unit fromm PalmOne, I need to buy it through a SPCS Sotre or one of their authorized sellers.

Called on the phone 2 more times (makes 4 total times today), and everyone said nope. They did explain why, but it is way too much for me to go into.
  3.    #23  
    As mentioned in the first post of this thread... I was told I could use the rebate - and I explained Viennachannels and PalmOne and how this phone was going to be EXTREMELY inexpensive ($199).

I later sent an email asking for the rebate form and they sent me an electronic version attached...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    that PDF rebate form only mentions the 600. Not the 650.
    - ag47
  5.    #25  
    you are correct... but I wanted to see what we could get, if anything, and if the terms were any more restrictive, which they do not appear to me. I think it is reasonable to assume we will be able to get an electronic version of the rebate form from Sprint for the 650 when they start selling...
    I have a Treo 300, live in PA, am eligible for the 18 month handset upgrade, looking to upgrade to the 650, and want to keep my phone number. Looks like there are two options:

1, Order via P1 now: $599 + $36 tax - $150 Treo 650 mail in rebate + $36 activation fee ?? = $521
    2. Order via Sprint next week: $599 + $36 tax - $150 New handset rebate - $30 on-line = $455

Am I missing something obvious - $66 savings by waiting, but is that the best deal?
    So, Sprint calls me on my T600 today and offers me a 5% discount on my monthly service to sign a 2 year deal, which I turned down. I asked about a rebate instead and was offered the $150 for the 2 years, however, my $30 a month plan would have to be increased to the $35 plan. Maybe not a big deal, but I don't need the extra minutes and after my $10 Unlimited Vision, $4 Insurance and $5 Roaming Plan, I don't need to make the bill higher than it already is. I'll have to pursue it further, but I'd be quite happy ordering one from the road show and just stay month to month with Sprint.
    I will check for the rebate form at my local Sprint store (San Fernando Valley) and see what they say.
    When I get my RoadShow ordered 650 I'll go to the Sprint store to activate it and let you all know how it went down.
    get the info to us ontime I am going to the one on november 16
    Quote Originally Posted by djchatlos
    I have a Treo 300, live in PA, am eligible for the 18 month handset upgrade, looking to upgrade to the 650, and want to keep my phone number. Looks like there are two options:

1, Order via P1 now: $599 + $36 tax - $150 Treo 650 mail in rebate + $36 activation fee ?? = $521
    2. Order via Sprint next week: $599 + $36 tax - $150 New handset rebate - $30 on-line = $455

Am I missing something obvious - $66 savings by waiting, but is that the best deal?
    What tax would you pay by going to palmOne? I thought you only have to pay sales tax immediately (you always have to pay it by the end of the year) if the seller has property in your state. Does that go for P1 and PA?
    PA is one of the unlucky three states that P1 charges sales
    tax.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12