1. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Since the Sprint version of the 650 is the first one being released, why is it that we can preorder it from P1 and TreoCentral (and others) but not Sprint?
    I guess your avatar pretty much sums things up w/Sprint, eh?

Sometimes I think their business model just goes braindead.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Have you ever talked to a Sprint store employee - that explains the lowest common denominator factor of Sprint's business model - they couldn't even understand why I'd want anything more than a picture phone.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Well, before you get any further into the Sprint bashing, let me say, if you (you the collectice group of customers, not you the individual) could see how stupid 95% of you look when you come in, maybe you would understand why they act stupid. I don't work for Sprint, but I am in retail, and I do sell their products, and boy do most customers seem way more retarded than even the worst sales associate I've ever seen! From the mildly stupid "Hey man! Lemme get a secular phone!" to the completely ignorant "My phone's broke! The little screen thingy keeps going black." they probably deal with as many idiots, if not more, than I do. When you see that kind of stupidity day in and day out, it becomes very easy to lump all of you into the same group, and then treat you like the morons we believe you to be. This goes a long way toward giving you much poorer service than you should ever have received. Is it right? No. Is it good business? No. Is it cold, hard reality? Yes. Sorry, check your ego at the door, because Todd over there doesn't know you're an incredibly intelligent Treo user. He just sees another brainless lump muttering "Phone. Give me phooooone!" like any of the other zombies.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    To add to what DrDoom said, I can imagine what a bunch of dorks some of you look like to the sales guys, coming in every day to ask about the 650. They are probably thinking "look dork, it's not in today and its not coming in tomorrow. So stop asking me every day"

Really guys, you need to check yourselves. The 650 will get here when it gets here. Stop freaking out about it, like its your only goal in life to get a 650.
    I really wish people wouldn't use the word "retarded" that way. As a parent I'd never use that word as an insult, not to mention my mother devoted many of her years as a school teacher to children with various disabilities including mental retardation.

Using that word as an insult instantly labels you as ignorant, mean and callous.
    Ditto to your sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    I really wish people wouldn't use the word "retarded" that way. As a parent I'd never use that word as an insult, not to mention my mother devoted many of her years as a school teacher to children with various disabilities including mental retardation.

Using that word as an insult instantly labels you as ignorant, mean and callous.
    Gentlemen, take pause before passing along comments that are not kind. It is unbecoming of this most rightful board
    I was large and in charge!