Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61  
    Pre-order, pre-order.

    Yeah... I took the plunge. I am hoping the 2 - 3 week window is a 'safe' target, and shipments actually go out before that. OR ... the 650 shows up @ BB or somewhere else sooner, and I can cancel the pre-order.....

    Man, are we suckers for the newest stuff, or what?
    <br><a href="http://www.theused.net/"><img src="http://www.theused.net/images/buddyIcons/buddy_used_02.gif"></a><br><br>Forever in search of the next best thing... is that the 700w?
  2. #62  
    If I purchase the 650 in a Sprint store I have 15 days to try it out and make sure I the signal is good enough in my area. Does anyone know if I get the same 15 days to try it out buying it directly from Palm and if so how do I return it to them?

    Spartacus
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus
    If I purchase the 650 in a Sprint store I have 15 days to try it out and make sure I the signal is good enough in my area. Does anyone know if I get the same 15 days to try it out buying it directly from Palm and if so how do I return it to them?

    Spartacus
    30 days with Palm for GSM, 14 days for Sprint
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    Yeah, I think if any of us finds a 650 from somewhere else sooner, we will be cancelling our PalmOne orders. Because of this, I think that PalmOne will be trying their BEST to ship out ASAP.

    I'm hoping the get mine before Thanksgiving, but we'll see...

    Ordered mine by phone and the CSR at P1 said about 1 week.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    YES IT DOES! Those terms have been worded the same forever. I took advantage of the $100 rebate when I purchased my 600 a year ago. I had been with Sprint for 3 years but my contract was up so I was signing a "new contract". It is very simple. Sprint is interested in signing new contracts. Doesn't matter if you are currently a customer, as long as you are a customer who is eligible to sign a new contract. Reason says that all I have to do is call Sprint, tell them that I am quitting effective immediately, then turn around call them as a "new customer" activate a new line of service and get the rebate. Sprint understands that so they don't put me thru the trouble.

    I don't know why you are fighting this. There are many of us that have been there done that. It works.

    K
    The question is have you done this recently? Like in the last couple of months? What I was told that this is a new implementation by sprint. They no longer give rebates to existing customers that have expired contracts and have had the current phone less than 18 months, even if they are willing to sign a 50 year contract and give away your first born. Like I asked earlier, tell me who you spoke with, via which phone #, and the specifics of the conversation and I'll forever be grateful to you.
    Thanks
  6. #66  
    treosome and nchargreed:

    Do you guys at least agree that existing customers who've been w/ Sprint for more than 18 mos. must sign a new contract to get the rebate. In other words, I should not expect to get the rebate (without a new contract) just because I've been a loyal customer w/ the same phone for >18mos.?

    I was hoping I could do this because there is no way in hell I'm signing a new contract with Sprint; I'd rather switch or forego the rebate.

    I apologize to everyone else if this questions is a bit off-topic, but these guys seem to know what they're talking about.
  7. #67  
    Just got through, P1 sales rep said >100 people on hold. Then the fool HUNG UP ON ME by mistake during the order. I'm on hold again, dammit.

    $449 for existing Sprint customers who are willing to sign a 2 year agreement.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamtraidman
    $449 for existing Sprint customers who are willing to sign a 2 year agreement.
    w/ new service activation... right?
    <br><a href="http://www.theused.net/"><img src="http://www.theused.net/images/buddyIcons/buddy_used_02.gif"></a><br><br>Forever in search of the next best thing... is that the 700w?
  9. #69  
    They call it "new service activation" but I'm an _existing_ customer. My contract ran out last month, so I'm month to month now. Here's the deal, they charge me $599, then I'm told Sprint will issue a service credit of $150 on activation if I sign a new two year deal on my current service plan. No guarentees though by P1. This worries me a bit since I'm on a retention plan and they don't like to extend those. We'll see, I placed my order. Rep said 1 week best case, 3 weeks worse on receiving the phone.

    Adam
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    treosome and nchargreed:

    Do you guys at least agree that existing customers who've been w/ Sprint for more than 18 mos. must sign a new contract to get the rebate. In other words, I should not expect to get the rebate (without a new contract) just because I've been a loyal customer w/ the same phone for >18mos.?

    I was hoping I could do this because there is no way in hell I'm signing a new contract with Sprint; I'd rather switch or forego the rebate.

    I apologize to everyone else if this questions is a bit off-topic, but these guys seem to know what they're talking about.
    Swingline,
    Yes, I was told by a rep that if I've had my phone for >18 months AND if I sign a 2 year contract, then I qualify for a $150 rebate. 1 year contract for $100 rebate, but not sure of this.
    So the contract is required.
  11. #71  
    I just got a confirmation order from P1 regarding my 650 order. It said standard ground for shipping. I was thinking we were getting express 2 day shipping free. At least, I thought that's what it said when I placed the order. Was I wrong?
  12. #72  
    You are right! When I ordered early this am the only shipping option was overnight or something express and it was listed as "free". My conformation email which I just got (actually the second email confirming my order) says "ground shipping". They'd better ship express. It was the only option they gave.
  13. KKenna's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #73  
    I placed my order on the phone with P1. The Jabra headset they're giving away with the upgrade is supposedly one that has been "optimized" somehow for use with the Treo 650 (This is according to the sales rep I spoke with).

    Anyone know anything about this ?
  14. #74  
    They just tried to charge my credit card today for the order! What gives? It's not shipping, I'm sure but I didn't think they were going to charge my card until is shipped in a few weeks.

    Of course, I've got a daily limit and I just paid a few bills today! RATS!
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmacgeek
    They just tried to charge my credit card today for the order! What gives? It's not shipping, I'm sure but I didn't think they were going to charge my card until is shipped in a few weeks.
    They probably didn't try to charge your credit card but instead did something like a check for available credit - not quite the same thing.

    Sort of like the gas station does when it asks you for your credit card FIRST, then you fill up.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions