Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    I am planning to buy the Jabra 800. Will you give monetary incentive instead or a deal on the Jabra 800 when it comes out?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=3&pp=20

    Why does everyone like the Jabra? What's wrong with the Motorola headset?
  2. #42  
    Here's a pretty dumb question, but I'm a newbie so please forgive. If I buy the phone direct from P1, can I still sign up for Sprint's insurance/replacement program (like $4 or $5/month)?

    (Well, I guess to be more specific, will Sprint honor the insurance/replacement program if I buy from P1 and sign up for the program?)
  3. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #43  
    I'm dying now. Just broke the flip off my 600! It's dangling by the two speaker wires! Had the phone for two years and it gives up the ghost two weeks prior to the 650 ship.

    AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    I'm dying now. Just broke the flip off my 600! It's dangling by the two speaker wires! Had the phone for two years and it gives up the ghost two weeks prior to the 650 ship.

    AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    You mean 300.
  5. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by hood7
    Here's a pretty dumb question, but I'm a newbie so please forgive. If I buy the phone direct from P1, can I still sign up for Sprint's insurance/replacement program (like $4 or $5/month)?

    (Well, I guess to be more specific, will Sprint honor the insurance/replacement program if I buy from P1 and sign up for the program?)
    Sure will, I did that with my $600. Log in to your sprint account at http://www.sprintpcs.com and go to the update plan section. The will give you directions and the phone number to call to activate. The company will send a test call to your phone that you will verify. Once that is done, I think you have a 30 day (better not break your phone probation period). Then you are good to go. My buddy did the same and broke his flip a month ago. Got a replacement in 3 days.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  6. jnjewlz's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #46  
    Oops, yeah 300! Freudian slip!
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome
    Sprint will give you a rebate only if you've had the same phone for a year and a half or you are a new activation. I already went through hell with a sprint rep about this. No respect for existing customers. Anybody know ways to get rebates through other means i'm all ears.
    Blatantly, untrue!

    This debate has spanned many a thread and here is the official answer. This is a quote directly from the terms and conditions of the rebate offer:

    "Offer requires the purchase and activation of a Treo 650 smartphone between 11/07/04 and 1/15/05 with activation of a new line of service by 1/22/05. 1-year agreement required to qualify for the $100 service credit rebate offer. 2-year agreement required to qualify for the $150 service credit rebate offer. "

    There is nothing about that ridiculous 18 month loyalty reward. This rebate applies to anyone purchasing a 650 (doesn't matter WHERE you get it, you can get it from Ebay for all Sprint cares) and willing to sign a 1 or 2 year new contract or contract renewal.

    I think this debate needs to be put to bed.

    K
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Blatantly, untrue!

    This debate has spanned many a thread and here is the official answer. This is a quote directly from the terms and conditions of the rebate offer:
    There are two different type rebates. There is one for new service activations (including add additional lines to an existing accout) and there is also a Sprint customer loyalty rebate, where if you've had your existing phone for 18 months you can upgrade to a newer one and get a rebate. The rebate amount varies, but is typically $150. I've done both type rebates numerous times.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Blatantly, untrue!

    This debate has spanned many a thread and here is the official answer. This is a quote directly from the terms and conditions of the rebate offer:

    "Offer requires the purchase and activation of a Treo 650 smartphone between 11/07/04 and 1/15/05 with activation of a new line of service by 1/22/05. 1-year agreement required to qualify for the $100 service credit rebate offer. 2-year agreement required to qualify for the $150 service credit rebate offer. "

    There is nothing about that ridiculous 18 month loyalty reward. This rebate applies to anyone purchasing a 650 (doesn't matter WHERE you get it, you can get it from Ebay for all Sprint cares) and willing to sign a 1 or 2 year new contract or contract renewal.

    I think this debate needs to be put to bed.

    K
    Sorry, but the key is "new line of service" that means that existing customers do no get THAT discount/rebate. They have to go for the 18 month deal. "Contract renewal" does not cut it for THAT rebate.

    For the 18 month "upgrade" credit, you have to renew your contract with sprint for 2 more years.
  10. #50  
    Just ordered from PalmOne. My order didn't say anything about taking a few weeks. At least I didn't notice anything that said that.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Sorry, but the key is "new line of service" that means that existing customers do no get THAT discount/rebate. They have to go for the 18 month deal. "Contract renewal" does not cut it for THAT rebate.

    For the 18 month "upgrade" credit, you have to renew your contract with sprint for 2 more years.

    YES IT DOES! Those terms have been worded the same forever. I took advantage of the $100 rebate when I purchased my 600 a year ago. I had been with Sprint for 3 years but my contract was up so I was signing a "new contract". It is very simple. Sprint is interested in signing new contracts. Doesn't matter if you are currently a customer, as long as you are a customer who is eligible to sign a new contract. Reason says that all I have to do is call Sprint, tell them that I am quitting effective immediately, then turn around call them as a "new customer" activate a new line of service and get the rebate. Sprint understands that so they don't put me thru the trouble.

    I don't know why you are fighting this. There are many of us that have been there done that. It works.

    K
  12. #52  
    Ordered mine this am from PalmOne. Also ordered (not from PalmOne) a 1GB card, and a Bluetooth headset. I'm ready!
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhoffm
    The P1 site indicates that the $150 rebate will be in the form of a "service credit" I believe. I would guess this means the first $150 in monthly plan charges are taken against the credit, but I am not sure.

    yup.. thats right. you will get the credit on your monthly invoice.
  14. #54  
    I also ordered a 650 and a car charger from PalmOne. I've had my 300 for almost 2 years now, so I'll be getting the $150 rebate for having the same phone 18+ months.

    It's funny how the titlebar of the order status page still says "Handspring: Customer Support...".
    Last edited by 98GSR; 11/08/2004 at 09:31 AM.
  15. #55  
    One advantage to buying from P1 versus from SPCS is the savings on sales tax in most states. P1 only charges tax in like four states versus SPCS which will charge tax in every state they have a physical facility.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    YES IT DOES! Those terms have been worded the same forever. I took advantage of the $100 rebate when I purchased my 600 a year ago. I had been with Sprint for 3 years but my contract was up so I was signing a "new contract". It is very simple. Sprint is interested in signing new contracts. Doesn't matter if you are currently a customer, as long as you are a customer who is eligible to sign a new contract. Reason says that all I have to do is call Sprint, tell them that I am quitting effective immediately, then turn around call them as a "new customer" activate a new line of service and get the rebate. Sprint understands that so they don't put me thru the trouble.

    I don't know why you are fighting this. There are many of us that have been there done that. It works.

    K
    Not fighting anything. But the CURRENT system is just as has been described by a number of people. You must activate a new line of service to get the 100 for 1 year/ 150 for 2 year deal. Existing customers dont get that deal anymore. What you did a year ago was not activate a new line of service, you just extended your contract. Unfortunatly, things were different a year ago and what you may have done then does not apply to the current situation. A year ago you COULD (it was not always easy, needed to get to a supervisor, or talk to retention) get an upgrade similar to new customers by just extending your existing contact. That has changed. Now you have to have the phone for 18 months AND extend the contract to get a deal. You can read quite a few threads on this at sprintpcsinfo. Retention does not even have the power to give the deals that they used to do.

    As to cancelling service and rejoining. They can hit you up for an early termination fee. If your contract has already gone past its end date and you are now on a month to month, then it would seem be possible to quit and rejoin. But be careful, others have reported that there is a waiting period between dropping as a Sprint customer and before you can get a new customer discount again.
  17. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #57  
    well i just ordered mine. i asked the guy and he said you can cancel your order at any time before it ships. i specifically asked him, if it shows up at best buy can i cancel. i have convinced the manager to give me a best buy manager discount on the treo 650 for me because of my long and drawn out battle with my psp. so if i see it pop up locally first, i plan on cancelling my p1 order.

    overall i am very antsy right now...
  18. #58  
    Yeah, I think if any of us finds a 650 from somewhere else sooner, we will be cancelling our PalmOne orders. Because of this, I think that PalmOne will be trying their BEST to ship out ASAP.

    I'm hoping the get mine before Thanksgiving, but we'll see...
  19. #59  
    this is a good sign i hope they start selkling unlocked GSM ones soon
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Not fighting anything. But the CURRENT system is just as has been described by a number of people. You must activate a new line of service to get the 100 for 1 year/ 150 for 2 year deal. Existing customers dont get that deal anymore. What you did a year ago was not activate a new line of service, you just extended your contract. Unfortunatly, things were different a year ago and what you may have done then does not apply to the current situation. A year ago you COULD (it was not always easy, needed to get to a supervisor, or talk to retention) get an upgrade similar to new customers by just extending your existing contact. That has changed. Now you have to have the phone for 18 months AND extend the contract to get a deal. You can read quite a few threads on this at sprintpcsinfo. Retention does not even have the power to give the deals that they used to do.

    As to cancelling service and rejoining. They can hit you up for an early termination fee. If your contract has already gone past its end date and you are now on a month to month, then it would seem be possible to quit and rejoin. But be careful, others have reported that there is a waiting period between dropping as a Sprint customer and before you can get a new customer discount again.
    Small wager?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions