Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I need to purchase eight Treo 650s.

Six of them are for people who are existing Sprint customers.

Two of them will be for new Sprint customers.

What is the fastest and cheapest way for me to get these?
    Anybody have any idea which will happen first: SprintPCS stores get the 650's in first or P1 ships first? And if you but from P1 directly will Sprint still give a rebate if you already have an existing Sprint account?
    http://store.treocentral.com/smartph...650_sprint.php

Regarding the term "Pre-Order," it just implies that the item is ordered before it is available for shipping.

We are currently only able to offer the Treo 650 to customers establishing a new Sprint PCS line of service. Existing customers can purchase the device directly from palmOne.

Your Credit Card will not be billed until the day the Treo 650 ships, and we will not activate your new Sprint PCS service until shipment occurs. You can cancel your order at any time up to the shipment date. After shipment, our standard 14 days return policy applies.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I don't think anyone can give you an exact date as to when the first Sprint stores will get it, but you also have to consider that not all Sprint stores will get it at the same time, and even if your Sprint store gets it first, whether there will be enough stock to go around. Buying through P1 gives you a relatively concrete date for when you can actually have one of your own.

Also, you can still get the rebate even if you buy from P1 directly. I recently bought a phone through a non-SPCS store and qualified for (and received) the rebate. All you have to do is stop by a Best Buy or something and pick up the rebate form. It's pretty quick. I think I got mine back in less than 6 weeks. The only reason to buy directly from SPCS is if you are a new customer, since you can an instant rebate instead of a mail in rebate.

One last thing. I have to imagine that P1 will have higher profits if you buy through them as opposed to SPCS. So I guess it's who you'd rather support, them or SPCS.
    Well, I am thinking about switching to Sprint from T-Mobile so I would definitely be a new customer for Sprint (if I decide to switch).

As for rebates, I am talking about distributor specific rebates. Amazon.com usually has its own additional rebate. So does BestBuy, right? These are the rebates on top of Sprint's rebate.

Since I am still debating between Sprint or a GSM carrier, I figure that i may as well wait a little longer for the best rebates from stores.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdevlin86
    Anybody have any idea which will happen first: SprintPCS stores get the 650's in first or P1 ships first? And if you but from P1 directly will Sprint still give a rebate if you already have an existing Sprint account?
    Sprint will give you a rebate only if you've had the same phone for a year and a half or you are a new activation. I already went through hell with a sprint rep about this. No respect for existing customers. Anybody know ways to get rebates through other means i'm all ears.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Well I did it, I just ordered a Treo650 from PalmOne. I can't believe that I just spent $599 on a phone. I am new to Treo moving up for a Sanyo VM4500. I now need to find a good case. Can anyone point me in the right direction? And anything else a newbie may need. Thanks
    The Amazon rebates and such are NOT usually in addition to the Sprint rebate. All most all rebates advertised must include a new service activation.

And idlepaw, thanks for the clarification on receiving the rebate if you are a current Sprint customer and are due for a $150 credit (18 months with an old piece of crap handset). They don't want to lose you to another carrier who is offering a cool new free phone (or **** you off because new customers get $150 and you don't) What I don't understand is why they don't just give you a service credit and actually mail a rebate check.
  9. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    http://store.treocentral.com/smartph...650_sprint.php

Regarding the term "Pre-Order," it just implies that the item is ordered before it is available for shipping.

We are currently only able to offer the Treo 650 to customers establishing a new Sprint PCS line of service. Existing customers can purchase the device directly from palmOne.

Your Credit Card will not be billed until the day the Treo 650 ships, and we will not activate your new Sprint PCS service until shipment occurs. You can cancel your order at any time up to the shipment date. After shipment, our standard 14 days return policy applies.
    Placed my order 10 minutes ago. Am I the first?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdevlin86
    For what it is worth, the assistant manager at my local Sprint Store told me yesterday he wasn't expecting any in until mid-December.
    Can someone clarify the return policy for me when buying from Palm1? The normal return policy says 30 days, but it also says if you are buying a Sprint phone with service activation it is 14 days. What if you are buying a Sprint phone to use with your existing account - what would it be?
    So all of this I suppose only relates to the CDMA version and still no news on when the GSM version will be available???
    Well I did it. I ordered the 650 from Palm1 without service contract (I already have a Sprint plan with four phones on it and am nowhere near the 18 month upgrade point on any of my four phones). I figure, I'll get it in and compare it to my 600. If it's not worth the extra cost from what I can sell my 600 for (hopefully around $300 or so), I'll just return it. All it will cost me is the return shipping cost. Ended up paying $640 with sales tax. So now the real waiting begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnekt
    So all of this I suppose only relates to the CDMA version and still no news on when the GSM version will be available???
    Correct. Although the "realist" view is February while the "optimist" view is sometime in December.

To paraphrase SV, its not when you order them...its when you get them. Pre-Ordering is a first step but still means its not available yet.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Ordered mine from P1 around 3am mst. Upgrade from my T600.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by idlepaw
    you can still get the rebate even if you buy from P1 directly. I recently bought a phone through a non-SPCS store and qualified for (and received) the rebate. All you have to do is stop by a Best Buy or something and pick up the rebate form.
    The P1 site indicates that the $150 rebate will be in the form of a "service credit" I believe. I would guess this means the first $150 in monthly plan charges are taken against the credit, but I am not sure.
    HP 95-LX > Pilot 5000 > Cassiopeia 105 > Cassiopeia 115 > Handspring Visor > Palm M505 > Toshiba e740 > Palm Tungsten C > Palm Tungsten T3 > Dell Axim X30 > Treo 650
    told by Joe @ dallas show that P1 and Sprint will ship at the same time.

pre-orders help give P1 an understanding of demand and get them somewhat of a commitment.

I'm really starting to think there may be a supply problem. if I were ordering from P1 or sprint . . . i'd place my order now w/ P1. those of us that did early for the 600 ended up getting them while others waited weeks.

unfortunately I have to wait on viennachannels
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    pre-orders help give P1 an understanding of demand and get them somewhat of a commitment.
    Though that is also my (cynical) belief about "preorders" I have nothing concrete to cite to support it. Did someone say something to you to support the belief that PalmOne is simply trying to gauge actual enduser demand with this "preorder" ploy?
    Ordered!

Thanks Guys!

Mike
    SV,
    same preorder thing w/ TT5 and w/ the "make to order" philosophy to control inventory i'm pretty sure thet had some model for predicting initial demand based upon preorders.

I wish I had asked them this @ the show . . . I spent most of my time talking w/ Ken Wirt (sp?), did I mention a few commercials in december?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast