1.    #1  
    About a two weeks ago, I noticed my battery was lasting perhaps 1 full day before needing recharging so I had Verizon replace it (no change in my usage and/or talk time). Now the replacement unit is doing the same thing. Before calling Verizon again, I was thinking this might be software. Below is a list of everything I have installed. Please look it over and point out any apps you think might be a problem! (Note: I don't have any automatic connect stuff working, no repeating alerts... I've done everything suggested on these boards and more to conserve the battery, and still I'm only getting around 24 hours)

-Agendus
    -PhoneTools
    -PDANet
    -Docs2Go
    -MegaClock
    -P.A.R.
    -Alchemy!
    -Blocks
    -Bejeweled
    -Joust
    -Audible
    -pTunes
    -BackupMan
    -Butler
    -ZLauncher
    I also get less than 24 hours and I do not have any of these programs on my Treo. Are there any external solutions that will work short of plugging the phone into the wall or computer?
  3.    #3  
    bump...

I'm starting to suspect Agendus. I'm now also having an issue "turning on" the Treo with the buttons. I'll hit one, and either nothing will happen, or there will be a significant delay before the screen illuminates; almost like the processor was busy, and thus draining the battery... Anyone else seen this?

-JW
    Last edited by JasonWilliam; 11/09/2004 at 12:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    bump...

I'm starting to suspect Agendus. I'm now also having an issue "turning on" the Treo with the buttons. I'll hit one, and either nothing will happen, or there will be a significant delay before the screen illuminates; almost like the processor was busy, and thus draining the battery... Anyone else seen this?

-JW

That does it....it's Datebk5 for me Check the arrows by your signal bar. Are they green or grey? I just started using Sprint's Business Connections, and have started seeing significant battery drain from all the daily synching
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    That does it....it's Datebk5 for me Check the arrows by your signal bar. Are they green or grey? I just started using Sprint's Business Connections, and have started seeing significant battery drain from all the daily synching
    No arrows at all. I've made sure of that. After my first months bill came in from VZW at over $1000, I made damn sure those arrows are only present when I explicitly say they can be! So the drain has got to be from somewhere else...

Point to note: I uninstalled Agendus (the latest version) and the issues with the buttons are gone. We'll see over the next couple of days if the battery life changes, but so far, the thing just seems to respond considerably faster without Agendus.
    It is possible with the screen brightness all the way up and heavy use to run out of battery. I don't have agendus installed (I'm a Datebk5 guy). But Snappermail goes polling for email every hour on three different accounts. After using the Treo600 for a year now, the quickest drain I've seen is the screen. I keep mine at the lowest setting unless I'm outside, and then I need all it's got.