1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 600 a few weeks ago and have noticed that for some reason it seems to set off store security alarms when I enter/leave the store (the inventory control alarms by the doors). In particular, it always happens at Wal-Mart and Borders (plus others). It does not seem to make a difference if the phone is on or off. I have service with Verizon, by the way. Has anybody else noticed this? What gives?
    Every time I steal a 600 the alarm goes off. Does that count? ;-)
  3.    #3  
    Humm....I wish I was stealing one each time. Even though I think my Treo frequently sets of alarms, nobody has ever checked me!
    Had a store alarm go off on me recently - walked through it a second time and no alarm. Weird. Haven't a clue if it's to do with the Treo or not.
    Has never happened to me. Not once. A Treo should be no more likely to set off the alarm than any other cell phone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I've had mine almost a year and never had anything like this happen.
  7. ewm
    I purchased a new pair of shoes, went home, put them on, and all of a sudden I'm setting off alarms all over the place.

It turned out that there was a "tag" hidden under the liner of one show - I removed it and stopped setting off alarms....