Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's face it. The Treo 600 is a great device. I would not hesitate to upgrade to the Treo 650!! Would anyone else hestitate????

Okay, i can understand, Bluetooth or a high res screen may not be substancial enough to consider an upgrade.

As for me, the only reason why i would upgrade is to get rid of my current Treo 600. NO MATTER HOW GREAT THIS DEVICE IS, what good can that be if there are constant problems with the hardware???

Reading most forums, having my own share of problems and considering that most people, including my own friends (which totals to be 12 Treos) have had endless amounts of problems with this phone!!

PalmOne should do something about this!! Palmone should find a way to compensate the many people out there who have had endless problems with this phone.

So what's it gonna be, they will offer an upgrade price, which almost everybody here knows might not happen? Why should i spend another two to three hundred, just to get rid of my problematic Treo 600. I've already spent 400 for the phone. It's not about the money, but rather the principle.

I've read that Palmone has fixed most of the problems that has accured with the Treo 600.......therefore they do admit it has major problems and now they are able to advertise and market a better phone and hopfully they will go on the sell another MILLION.

If i had the time, i would organize an online petition to Palmone, if someone wants to do it here...be my guest.....but basically i really feel that palm one needs to offer some form of compensation, price reduction...etc....or whatever... to everyone who's had problems with the phone..

How would they go about this??? I don't know but since they created the Treo 600 then i am sure they will be able to think of some creative compensation too.

We need to be heard and something needs to be done.....any takers?
    When you post, show your carrier and problems. I know there have been many problems so I am interested if these tend to happen to one carriers model or another.
    I have not had problems with 600. Had since it was released last year. GSM - Cingular
    Last edited by cglaguna; 11/07/2004 at 12:37 PM. Reason: clarification
    I agree. I think that it is annoying that Palmone Countinues to release devices with memory problems (T5 and T650). They want top dollar and no discounts. The device selection is so limited I think they should give loyalty discounts just for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayizaac
    Let's face it. The Treo 600 is a great device. I would not hesitate to upgrade to the Treo 650!! Would anyone else hestitate????

Okay, i can understand, Bluetooth or a high res screen may not be substancial enough to consider an upgrade
    As for me, the only reason why i would upgrade is to get rid of my current Treo 600. NO MATTER HOW GREAT THIS DEVICE IS, what good can that be if there are constant problems with the hardware???
    Reading most forums, having my own share of problems and considering that most people, including my own friends (which totals to be 12 Treos) have had endless amounts of problems with this phone!!
    PalmOne should do something about this!! Palmone should find a way to compensate the many people out there who have had endless problems with this phone.
    So what's it gonna be, they will offer an upgrade price, which almost everybody here knows might not happen? Why should i spend another two to three hundred, just to get rid of my problematic Treo 600. I've already spent 400 for the phone. It's not about the money, but rather the principle.

I've read that Palmone has fixed most of the problems that has accured with the Treo 600.......therefore they do admit it has major problems and now they are able to advertise and market a better phone and hopfully they will go on the sell another MILLION

If i had the time, i would organize an online petition to Palmone, if someone wants to do it here...be my guest.....but basically i really feel that palm one needs to offer some form of compensation, price reduction...etc....or whatever... to everyone who's had problems with the phone..

How would they go about this??? I don't know but since they created the Treo 600 then i am sure they will be able to think of some creative compensation too.

Well I believe that's why Palm subliminally offered that roadshow discount at 349.00$ with coupon. They know that current 600 users would flock to the shows.
    Tell me something -- and I don't mean to hijack this thread or turn it into a long rambling bit*h session -- but why did you buy the Treo 600 in the first place?

Perhaps it was an impulse buy and you only did research afterward?

I ask, because as a Treo 300 owner, I have refused to give HS, P1, or Sprint for that matter another dime for new hardware. The 270/300 line was riddled with problems. The warnings were all over this board. I've watched the 600 improve a couple of elements but still suffer from too many flaws. So I "passed". And so did plenty of other people that paid heed to those warnings. Despite the fact my 300 is starting to look like an antique, I'm not going to be the first to buy a 650. I want to hear plenty of quality reports before I make that decision and it's going to take months before those are reliable.

My point here is to say that any petition to P1 just won't be effective. Believe me, they've heard/seen it all before. You've seen the results... the upgrade programs have always been insulting(to the many that have had multiple problems with their Treos). Much more effective use of time would be to identify alternatives to the Treo and perhaps even encourage new development by competitors.

Best of luck.
    --
    jt
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    They've changed manufacturers for the 650 so the build quality should be much improved.
    The 270 was better than the 180, the 600 was better than the 270, so quality has improved. But no device is perfect and the smartphone market is not mature enough to compare quality with a regular cell phone.

Good luck with requesting compensation, it's not going to happen on a large scale. You are not going to see any of those programs as there are just as many, if not more, users who have not experianced similar issues.
    May I suggest a comprehensive list of the things you/others are experiencing to describe the "endless problems" statement? I've had mine (2 of them) for over a year now and I can't say I've had many troubles at all. I've got LOADS of stuff installed on them (< 1Mb left) and any issues I've encountered have either been fixed or are very minor. And, no, I don't work for PalmOne or any Palm related company for that matter

So, not trying to minimize your troubles but specifics would be helpful.

Regards,
    Mike
    while your thoughts are just, you are forgetting that P1 didn't produce a single Treo model! If you are seeking some compensation look to Handspring. I have owned several P1 products with no problems at all. It wasn't untill I purchased a Treo (Handspring) that I have been unsatisfied with the product stability
    Problems with 600:

-40 perch
    ill keep my fresh fruit(blackberry) until the 650 is released.
    Ive got more Guns than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Problems with 600:

-40 perch
    Looks like #1 is:

== (1) Discos unexpectedly
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Just for the record, I bought my Sprint Treo 300 the day it was released. I went through 2 in a year. I purchased the T600 the day it was released and I'm still on the same unit.

Everyone needs to understand that we have Henry Ford to thank for what's passing as "poor manufacturing quality". It was Ford who decided to include the consumer in the quality process with the concept of a warranty. Now they don't have to test so much or pay top dollar for the best manufacturing facilities because the ones that go bad just get tossed and replaced. It's far less expensive for P1.

I think if you add up the failure rates of the 270/300 vs. the T600, you will find that quality improved greatly. Now that Palm has had several years to refine the design and learn form their mistakes, it should only get better.

Okay, i can understand, Bluetooth or a high res screen may not be substancial enough to consider an upgrade.

I've read that Palmone has fixed most of the problems that has accured with the Treo 600.......therefore they do admit it has major problems and now they are able to advertise and market a better phone and hopfully they will go on the sell another MILLION.

Did you forget about one of the very most important features?
    Almost double the processor speed of the 600
    That means no more lagg listening to mp3's while using other programs or games.
    this is exactly what I mean...

composed a list of problems, only to get smacked by the blazer bug.

what a pos.
    Actually, I would consider either of these two sufficient enough to upgrade. Both of these is a no-brainer

Its hard to make these judgments based on a spec sheet and a few photos. But I suspect that a lot of the people who say they won't upgrade will change their tune once they hold an actual 650 in their hand and see that new screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    I've had mine (2 of them) for over a year now and I can't say I've had many troubles at all. I've got LOADS of stuff installed on them (< 1Mb left) and any issues I've encountered have either been fixed or are very minor. And, no, I don't work for PalmOne or any Palm related company for that matter

So, not trying to minimize your troubles but specifics would be helpful.

Regards,
    Mike
    I agree, I have been with Treos since before the name. The visor phone was an attachment you shoved in the top of a Visor PDA. I had a distinct need. I need to combine Text (I work in the Deaf community), Phone and PDA. I am very unorganized and suffer from ADD, PDA saved my life. I carried a text pager, a PDA and a phone. Visor phone until now, 4 phones later have provided ME, the best solution. I love Palm OS, it is easy and clear. While during 270 I had some issues of too many sms's coming in at one time would crash the phone. None have been problematic. I have had my Original 600 until last month when I dropped it on the end and one button (shift) no longer clicked when I pushed it, still worked. I replaced it and the refurb replacement is fine too. While it seems that everyone is having problems, I think we don't tend to see posts that say, "My 600 has been working fine and I am happy." So let me say it, "My Treo 600 is fine and I am happy, and look forward to the 650"
  17.    #17  
    good point, nevertheless, they own they shoud fix it!
  18.    #18  
    It's always nice to hear positive statements and it's good to know that there are some fortunate people who have had no problems.

While some people may consider opinions that may differ, some on the other hand my not consider thier phones that switch off wireless mode for no reason a problem, while others like myself do consider this a major one.!
    merged duplicate post.
    > P1 didn't produce a single Treo model! If you are seeking some compensation look to Handspring.

I guess "technically" PalmOne has NEVER released a phone- it was "Palm Computing" that released the Tungsten W - you know: the $500.00 cell phone without a microphone (THAT'S thinking outside the box, isn't it?).

So yes - complain to "Handspring" - here's their URL: http://www.handspring.com ...no relation at all to PalmOne. :shortcut:
    Last edited by Joad; 11/07/2004 at 07:38 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast