1.    #1  
    I was just wondering for you few lucky people who actually have the treo 650, or the PDA2K, can any of these devices get through a whole day usage (average usage) on a single charge?

That is the one thing I loved about the treo 600, it barely made it through the day with a single charge. The 650 would be such a hassle, to worry about my battery dying all the time on the move. And I would hate to have a extra battery sitting in my pocket all the time worrying about this.
    Doubtful from the footprint it would be any different, unless PalmOne has discovered alien battery technolgies.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    I was just wondering for you few lucky people who actually have the treo 650, or the PDA2K, can any of these devices get through a whole day usage (average usage) on a single charge?

That is the one thing I loved about the treo 600, it barely made it through the day with a single charge. The 650 would be such a hassle, to worry about my battery dying all the time on the move. And I would hate to have a extra battery sitting in my pocket all the time worrying about this.
    I am a moderate to heavy user, my phone will go a full two days* with constant on applications like Chatter and Verichat.

What you say about battery life is true for Sprint/Verizon customers, not GSM. The 650 is supposed to provide Sprint/Verizon users longer battery life from the specs.

*Used to be a little longer but noticed Chatter uses a bit more energy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am a moderate to heavy user, my phone will go a full two days* with constant on applications like Chatter and Verichat.

What you say about battery life is true for Sprint/Verizon customers, not GSM. The 650 is supposed to provide Sprint/Verizon users longer battery life from the specs.

*Used to be a little longer but noticed Chatter uses a bit more energy.
    I hope the sprint version will go at least one day without charging. If not I guess I will have to train myself into charging twice a day.
    Has anyone heard anything about the price of the 650's extra battery?
    hmmm let's guess. $69. my guess
    treo600 has one of the longest batteries. i would suspect 650 is a tiny bit less.
    there are OEM batteries that are listed on EBAY that say they are for the 650 that list at $28 or so, not sure about shipping cost though
    Quote Originally Posted by jancelet
    there are OEM batteries that are listed on EBAY that say they are for the 650 that list at $28 or so, not sure about shipping cost though
    Are we to worry about exploding batteries, like those, Nokia generics (I think) that was headlined a while back?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Are we to worry about exploding batteries, like those, Nokia generics (I think) that was headlined a while back?
    and kyocera own battery exploded...its oem, not some 3rd party
  11. m99
    I would consider myself a heavy user. I get 2 days on a full charge. GSM Cingular. Usage mix of voice, PDA, music, heavy email and web browsing.
    <b>T650-Cingular</b>
    sprint mod user..lucky to get a full day on a charge because of the poor signal & constant signal search in the building I work in.. usually have to charge after work... no problems on weekend
    Sprint user...getting about a day and a half of moderate use out of one charge....say 1-2 hours talking, <1 hour data, 1 hour of miscellaneous use, standby at night.

The T650 should consume slightly less power on standby, as it does not need to refresh memory. But perhaps the screen consumes more energy.