1.    #1  
    I live in France but will be visiting the the US from Dec 2-Jan 16, during which time I plan on buying the new 650. However, it must be an unlocked GSM version so I can use it with my French service (Orange). Is there any chance of this happening?

Also, will the bluetooth features be crippled, thus preventing me from using the 650 to connect to the internet via my PowerBook? This would suck.
    Thanks in advance,
    -alison
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnekt
    I live in France but will be visiting the the US from Dec 2-Jan 16, during which time I plan on buying the new 650. However, it must be an unlocked GSM version so I can use it with my French service (Orange). Is there any chance of this happening?

Also, will the bluetooth features be crippled, thus preventing me from using the 650 to connect to the internet via my PowerBook? This would suck.
    Thanks in advance,
    -alison
    By then, you might be able to buy an unlocked GSM model direct from PalmOne. PalmOne has retail stores in some cities. But given the uncertainty of the release schedules and the expected popularity of this phone, I wouldn't rely on that. If they get any, they're likely to get snapped up pretty quickly.

If that doesn't work out, you can wait for eXpansys to have it in stock on their site. But given recent info about European releases, that's not likely to happen until Feb sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnekt

Thanks in advance,
    -alison
    We are going to be lucky if the GSM is released by then, My (totally without basis) prediction is that it is going to be released Jan 11, 2005. Total guess without any merit and baseless.

GSM phones (Orange compatible) will be unlocked and Bluetooth won't be crippled.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I really hope I can pick one up while I'm in the States because it's MUCH cheaper there and the Euro is really strong against the dollar so it would save me about 50%!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    We are going to be lucky if the GSM is released by then, My (totally without basis) prediction is that it is going to be released Jan 11, 2005. Total guess without any merit and baseless.

GSM phones (Orange compatible) will be unlocked and Bluetooth won't be crippled.

Pure speculation on my part too, but as a business man I can't imagine Palm missing the Xmas season with this unit.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    you can get one in feb