1.    #1  
    I've seen several posts on Treo Central that mention accessing the Ameritrade site to trade stocks using a Treo 300 or 600. It appears that people have been successful trading via the Treo 600. However, when I try to login to the Ameritrade site via my Treo 600 I get a "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device." I've also tried WebPro and get the same result. Do I need to download something else to make this work? Any advice or suggestions on how to make this work would be greatly apprciated.
    Try www.amtdw.com, works very well for me. Let me know if you have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersvfr
    I've seen several posts on Treo Central that mention accessing the Ameritrade site to trade stocks using a Treo 300 or 600. It appears that people have been successful trading via the Treo 600. However, when I try to login to the Ameritrade site via my Treo 600 I get a "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device." I've also tried WebPro and get the same result. Do I need to download something else to make this work? Any advice or suggestions on how to make this work would be greatly apprciated.
    I have only traded using PQA (T300) or wap site (T600). The full site does not work well, if at all. You can get to the wap (condensed) site through Sprint's homepage/money/brokers/ameritrade which is www.amtdw.com like starshipxw pointed out. Happy trading.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I have only traded using PQA (T300) or wap site (T600). The full site does not work well, if at all. You can get to the wap (condensed) site through Sprint's homepage/money/brokers/ameritrade which is www.amtdw.com like starshipxw pointed out. Happy trading.
    This site doesn't seem to work for me. I looked at it on my desktop
    computer. It asks for a login and a PIN. The PIN entry box only
    accepts 4 characters. My password is a bit longer than that.
    What's going on? Just curious..
    A few months ago, Ameritrade implemented a customized login name and password system. They forced customers to start using login names instead of account numbers when logging in to their PC version of their site. I went through the change and now use the new login system when accessing my account on the PC. I still use the old system (account # & 4 digit PIN) when accessing my account on my treo with the WAP site. Works for me. You might want to contact Ameritrade to resolve this issue.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!