1. ISA
    Does abyone knows that Treo 650 originally support the 'pause' symbol such as 'p' in the telephone number to allow direct extesion dialing? Thanks.
    And while we are at it, did they fix the bug in the software when another call comes in and you can't drop the first call, and the screen doesn't reset after one of the calls drops?

I couldn't believe the 600 didn't support "pause" functionality in the dialing...I guess none of the Handspring engineers ever programmed their own phones with a "p"????????
    Isa...this was in the FAQ for the 600 (I don't know if anyone knows if it will be the same for the 650). I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but perhaps it will help.

FAQ: How do you define DTMF tones ("extra digits") in order to have pre-programmed voice menu navigation commands dialed out of the Speed Dial entries?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ #85: Phone Use. By Capt Dumb Dumb. Status: Public, 880 views. Flag for Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This only works from within Speed Dial, not the Contacts application.

Edit or create a new Speed Dial entry. Give it a label, define a telephone number. Then tap the "More" button.

In the "Extra Digits" field, enter a comma ( , ) to give a one second pause, enter any numbers that need to be toned out to the voice menu system being dialed into, and you can enter a pound ( # ) character too if that's required by the voice menu.

Probably you want to check mark the "Dial Extra Digits authomatically" option too.

Tap OK and OK again. You're done. Now test it out.

Note that some particular telephone numbers (especially some toll free numbers) have telephony equipment on their end which simply can't detect and react to DTMF tones coming from many GSM phones, Treo included. Most systems should work, but not all. There's no way your carrier can fix this, it's up to the equipment used by the number dialed into.
  4. ISA
    Thanks dmax, I've known that I can use speed dial or third party softward to make a direct extension dialing (as with 'p'). But in the view of contact management, if we can make this come true at contact instead is more efficient, especially that I will have more than 100+ customer contacts that with a extension number......
    I think this is supported w/ 650, I remember Joe @ the dallaX
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm confused - I had the same problem with pauses, but I found after reviewing some online discussions that using the following syntax works:

Phone Number: (555) 555-5555
    Extra Digits: pp#5555#

I'm using a 600 on Verizon, so maybe it only works on the CDMA version. I do know that using only one "p" does NOT work - it takes two!
  7. ISA
    I've just tried 2 'p' as you mentioned on my treo 600, still can not work..The phone only dial the main number, not processing more to the extension
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    The second call activation problem is a CDMA only problem. It WILL be present in the Sprint version. Palm says that it is not something that they can fix, Sprint's network are causing the hickups.