Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Lord knows we don't have enough of them . . .
  2. #2  
    You said it, Gameboy.

    Thanks for staring another wifi thread. We really need PalmOne to take notice of this tragic flaw with the Treo 650.

    Who needs BT anyway, especially a crippled DUN BT from Sprint. Give us wifi, we'll go away to quietly surf the net in peace. We won't be screaming at invisible people on our BT headsets, disrupting the peace around us everywhere we go.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    You said it, Gameboy.

    Thanks for staring another wifi thread. We really need PalmOne to take notice of this tragic flaw with the Treo 650.

    Who needs BT anyway, especially a crippled DUN BT from Sprint. Give us wifi, we'll go away to quietly surf the net in peace. We won't be screaming at invisible people on our BT headsets, disrupting the peace around us everywhere we go.
    Are you people dense? Palmone has said you will get it via a card after they build the drivers. If you don't want to wait just leave and get something else. Nothing you say or do at this point is going to make P1 change. Any change on their part would mean taking the 650 off the market and delaying the release.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  4. #4  
    It sounds like it really frustrates you that PalmOne left out the wi-fi, Otter. I feel your pain, and hope, like you, that P1 can come up with a solution quickly.

    Don't fret, though, I think, with your help, we are getting the message out.

    Thank you for your support.
  5. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #5  
    There are NEVER enough wifi threads!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    It sounds like it really frustrates you that PalmOne left out the wi-fi, Otter. I feel your pain, and hope, like you, that P1 can come up with a solution quickly.

    Don't fret, though, I think, with your help, we are getting the message out.
    What message is that? That you aren't listening?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  7. #7  
    You are all stupid.

    TheHandlessKing
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    You are all stupid.

    TheHandlessKing
    You may be right. After all I bought the 600 because of its flashlight capabilities.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    You are all stupid.

    TheHandlessKing
    I feel stupid just saying that you are right becuase I am posting in a thread that should be locked thus bumping it to the top.

    ...that and I the run on sentence I just made.

    stupd.
  10. #10  
    WiFi forever!!
  11. #11  
    P1's promises so far regarding wifi sound rather empty. why should a company planning the 650 since well over a year suddently realize that wifi has to be included?

    P1 is fooling you if you expect wifi capability in the 650. they got other plans.

    the only counter-measure: dont compromise, dont buy a 650.
  12. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #12  
    Give me wifi or give me EVDO!!
  13. #13  
    **** WiFi yeah I said it
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    You may be right. After all I bought the 600 because of its flashlight capabilities.
    Ditto...

    GO WI-FI!
  15. #15  
    Useless thread... Please close.

    Todd/Indy
  16. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #16  
    You can never have enough wi-fi threads.
  17. #17  
    Hello I am new to this forum and read some threads about wifi. Someone said it is impossible but I cann't understand why it is. Is this true? I am in China and I have to buy treo over the internet and this won't prevent me from getting a Treo650. But if it is conformed that Treo650 will not work with wifi, I have to consider stay, wait or move because I cann't image a life without wifi. Yes 802.11 is very popular in poor China and I can access Internet in my home, garden or a road to somewhere. You won't know how important it is unless you use it. Maybe those who think wifi is useless have their own reason but you are not me. I know GPRS is good but wifi is free and I need them all.
  18. #18  
    great comment bloodworth - all thumbs up - you are my man. thats right, in the US it is just not obvious whats going on in the rest of the world - therefore we have to find our own ways. obviously the whole market is much more controlled in the US than outside.
  19. #19  
    Funny how some people think that things they don't want to discuss, or they don't feel important should be shut down, halted, pushed to the back of the bus. Hmmm, I think the true choice lies in ignoring a thread you don't want to read. wow, there is even a handy "ignore" option.

    Is it really all that tempting to peek into the wi-fi threads to see what the "other" side is discussing? oh oh, then oh so tempting to have to add to the the discussion some worthless comment, completely irrelevant to the topic, thus adding to the thread, popping it up again and again, sending it to your email....oh, the temptation. Just drives you nuts doesn't it?
  20. #20  
    Yeah. Bluetooth people are haters ... just kidding!!

    One thing I noticed in these discussions for some time now is that there's a lot of people who haven't tried both Bluetooth and Wifi. Personally I've only tried Wifi, and love it and live by it, but have not yet tried Bluetooth. From what I hear, bluetooth has changed many lives (much like how Wifi has changed my life). But just because I see so many people happy with Bluetooth, I'm not going to judge them for making that choice and liking it over Wifi.
    I'm sure everyone here would prefer having both Bluetooth and Wifi. But if a choice had to be made, my #1 "convenience" is using Wifi around the house: using Remote Desktop (VNC), controlling my Xbox remotely, keeping all 4 of my PCs at home on a network without wires.
    I wanna try Bluetooth, but it being in the Treo 650 is STILL not a good enough reason for me to upgrade from the best phone I ever had, the Treo 600. If Wifi was built in, then I'd consider it (I still think getting my T600 in 12/03 for $250 far out weighs the price I would have to pay for T650, with so little added features).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions