Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, if you go to prefs -> sound -> select the Tones button, it lists all of the assigned ring tones for the phone app. If you drop each of them down, and select them again (to force them to play), does the phone reset? Does it reset for every one of them, of just a particular one?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Ok - three years later, I have finally solved my Treo / PalmOne 600 crash issue when i look at my call log. The device was crashing on incoming calls with the ringer on as well as anytime I looked at the call log. The former keeps happening, but the latter is finally fixed.

After reinstalling and removing tons of software (sigh) I have now found the solution to the issue is simple:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=57230

Scroll down to the "Easy Solution" posted on 11/2/07 - much easier than deleting files on your computer and hard resetting, as long as you aren't worried about saving your file log.

Basically - your call log is too big and that is causing the devise to crash when you look at your call log.

Unbelievable the bugs in these things, but hey, its better than my old Franklin Planner. With progress sometimes comes pain. Backup - backup - backup.

I hope that someone will pick this thread up and tell me why the 600 resets when my ringer is on too.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs View Post
    So, if you go to prefs -> sound -> select the Tones button, it lists all of the assigned ring tones for the phone app. If you drop each of them down, and select them again (to force them to play), does the phone reset? Does it reset for every one of them, of just a particular one?
    Robbalzs - sorry I never replied to this, but I don't remember seeing it/getting an email notification. Here's hoping later is better than never:

I have no tones to choose from on my Tones page under prefs. Never noticed that before. Would love any guidance on what to do, please.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks to the idea to look at Prefs-Sounds - for some reason I had no sounds at all in the dropdown menu. I downloaded a ringtone and it is now fixed - that song plays when my ringer is on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12