Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Man, none of this crap would be an issue if they (the powers that be) would have used the 5.8 GHz band initially for WiFi. There would be a LOT LESS interference issues.
    Wouldn't that be problem with all my 5.8GHz cordless phones? I've finally moved to a point where my phones don't interfere with wifi. Yay!
    I found out today that wal-mart is going to sell the Wi-Fi for the Treo650!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Did anyone catch the South Park episode about "Wall-Mart"?
    No, I wish I would have seen it, and I just stopped DVR'ing SP. Dang!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Wouldn't that be problem with all my 5.8GHz cordless phones? I've finally moved to a point where my phones don't interfere with wifi. Yay!
    I think the move to 5.8 GHz for cordless phones was prompted by Wifi. I was saying they should've thought ahead and used 5.8 GHz for Wifi. Why the heck do you need to walk a quarter mile away from your cordless phone base anyway?
    probably DON'T need to walk a qtr mile away - but maybe now you can be three or four *walls* away and not suffer degradation...?
    "I am Scorch
    ...and i approve this message!"
    TechProsSD - Computer Repair San Diego
    I use 2.4 Ghz wi-fi and 2.4 Ghz phones in the same room often and have not had a problem with either.

They do seem to avoid eachother well.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I think the move to 5.8 GHz for cordless phones was prompted by Wifi. I was saying they should've thought ahead and used 5.8 GHz for Wifi. Why the heck do you need to walk a quarter mile away from your cordless phone base anyway?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12