1.    #1  
    To quote Mullva from another post: "The one question I have not seen answered was mentioned in one of the earlier "coupon" threads. Someone (from Palm supposedly) mentioned a way of getting "multiple" sets at a discount.

Has anyone heard of the answer?"

I'd like to know the answer to this one. I would love to test these units within my business with some of my sales reps but can't find info on how to get more than 1. Does it have to do with demo multiple units? Has anyone done this? Is there any documentation we need to bring? Please share.

Thanks!
    There is no documentation. I am in the process right now of doing this. During the Roadshow you meet and talk to various vendors listed on the Roadshow page. Notify, Intellisync, Avocent, Seven, Credant, ... After the show they announce that, for those in attendance, any Enterprise that is interested in doing a 30 trial with any of the venders present or represented, Palm will extend the coupon offer to 5. I think this means 5 more. You make contact with your vendor, they send you a "Evaluation sheet". And the vendor will set up the additional 5. I am not to that point yet, so I don't know if they provide the phone sales or if it goes back through Vienna Channels. Now if you are a large company buying many phones, the vendor can provide better prices on the phones, but not at the $349 price.
  3.    #3  
    Come on people, there are hundreds that have gone to the roadshow already. Please post what you know about getting 5 units...........

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    Come on people, there are hundreds that have gone to the roadshow already. Please post what you know about getting 5 units...........

Thanks!
    Cglaguna is right on. There was no "documentation" on this issue. Just a sheet you filled out with a vendor to set up the opportunity to do so. I am in the process of this also. I need 10 or so but 5 will get me going.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Uh, cglangua accurately answered your question already.
    I think it's a total of five...

Todd/Indy
  7.    #7  
    Cglaguna- so any updates? So by getting multiple units, they come with at least one customized application added on there? Will it take much longer to get the units through the app vendors?
    Well, I will find out today as far as date, I don't want to jeopardize this so let me just say everything is moving along. Yes, we are ordering the additional five. He said through a website that he would forward to me. So I am guessing it will be through Vienna Channels. We, BTW, are legitimately looking to install the third party software at our enterprise. We are all GSM here.
    Cglaguna- so any updates? So by getting multiple units, they come with at least one customized application added on there? Will it take much longer to get the units through the app vendors?
    Sorry I forgot part of the question:

The are deleivered from Palm just the same as any other Treo. The customizaion is done by you with whatever third party application you desire to try. It is a trial, the thrid party solutions are meant for enterprises so they are not cheap as they are tailored to your needs. The time issue, I don't know still, hoping to find out today.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 11/10/2004 at 09:23 AM.
    When you go to the roadshow, in addition to Palm One there are a number of third party service providers showing their wares. These providers are showing enterprize solutions for the platform. Security, deployment, mail, synchronization, novell conectivity etc. solutions for enterprize IT managers. They basically allow you to do the stuff that blackberrys do on your network, as well as additional features becasue of the palm os. I was impressed with the professional applications for the device based on the products by these vendors. The stuff that I thought was exclusive to blackberry can be accomplished on the treo + a whole lot more.

If you are part of the deployment team for your enterprise and want to test one of their solutions in your business, you can, through them (the third party vendors), arrange for a "pilot" program where you will be demo-ing their enterprise solution and you will be able to secure 5 Treo's for the testing.

I do not know if at the end of the 30 day pilot program test if you elect not to purchase the third parties services if your organization has the option of purchasing the Treo's or not.

I would suspect that if you are a CIO or can make decisions for a large organization you can directly contact one of the vendors that presented at the roadshow and arrange for a pilot program. There was a form at the show for this and also a space to make an inquiry on the feedback form at the show. But again the point was to give enterprize IT managers a chance to test a organization wide solution with a small number of Treos. On the organizations side you would nominally be required to set up a server behind your firewall to run the providers software (in the case of conectivity/security products. There was one vendor that supplied a software development engine for the treo I suppose this would require a different set of equipment on your site to evaluate.

As my employer is not at that point in the cycle (we are still under contract to Nextell) for a while, I did not seriously consider a pilot program. I am going to do some testing with the single 650 that I purchase and if I can generate interest in the platform than we will follow up form there.
    -MBrenner
    Thank you for expounding: To clear your questions, the 5 are either purchased or demo'd the same as Roadshow purchases.

And the provider doesn't have to provide equipment, mine at least, is software base.