Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Since the PPC and the 50 cdma version does not have WIFI enables maybe its time to let the issue rest for a couple of month until we start getting these phone in our hands. It may turn out that
    An SD option will be available in 1st qtr.
    But since the other major device PPC does not have the WiFi option it is a mute point.
    So lets let the Wifi post die!
    Last edited by g.711; 11/06/2004 at 08:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    But since the other major device PPC does not have the WiFi option it is a mute point.
    sorry but, what the?
    Wait, wait. On Rukeyser this am they reported on a cell phone with a hair curling iron and a torch for making creme brulee.
    I'm fairly sure I've been reading about people posting on here with the PDA2K's with wifi, so I don't know how you can say they don't. Also that HP phone has it as well.

As much as I'd let to the wifi argument die, I think it's best to keep it up until the drivers are written. If it dies, Palm will think no one wants it anymore and devote resources to other projects. However if they know it's the biggest flaw (as it seems to be) they'll put more effort into getting drivers going so that those who want wifi can buy their wifi card.
    I would hope that a driver is made for a Wi-Fi card that also has some flash in it because we are limited to one expansion slot.

Perhaps a wi-fi sled with some power is possible? Or an external device that is wi-fi and communicates blue tooth! Using AA cells (rechargable). About the size of a mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Since the PPC and the 50 cdma version does not have WIFI enables maybe its time to let the issue rest for a couple of month until we start getting these phone in our hands. It may turn out that

G.711, I think you better rephrase that. Your the one who starts these threads lol. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=wifi

You let it die more like it.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    What, ANOTHER wifi thread???
    PPC-CDMA Wifi Card: http://www.sandisk.com/retail/c-wifi-sd.asp

PPC-GSM (PDA2k): Already has it, everyone knows it. I have one.
    ...But since the other major device PPC does not have the WiFi option it is a mute point.
    You must mean in a Sprint-only world.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Wifi on the GSM PDA2K is great. Called Spain yesterday from the UK using Skype via my wifi connection. Been checking wifi hotspots while out an about too - seems to be more than you would think even in smaller towns in the UK.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    G.711, I think you better rephrase that. Your the one who starts these threads lol. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=wifi

You let it die more like it.

I know that is why I felt I should try and stop it. by the way I mean CDMA Sprint PPc6600s and the Treo650s.
    You are wrong. You can put a wi-fi card in the other "major" option. In fact, in ALL of the other major options.

So, it is not a mute point, until they give us a wi-fi card.

Would you like to give up your BT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    What, ANOTHER wifi thread???
    Because g.711 thought we needed another one and decided to start, YET ANOTHER ONE.

Thanks g.711. Start a couple more tomorrow, please.
    I know that is why I felt I should try and stop it. by the way I mean CDMA Sprint PPc6600s and the Treo650s.
    The Sprints CDMA 6601 allows for a wi-fi SDIO card.

Now...where is that new wi-fi thread? Trying to come up with a new angle? Try this one:

PALMONE: Give us wi-fi in the Treo 650.
    Yes PalmOne, PLEASE give us WiFi so we can get on with the real issue...Why this PHONE doesn't come with a DVD burner???
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Yes PalmOne, PLEASE give us WiFi so we can get on with the real issue...Why this PHONE doesn't come with a DVD burner???

Funny you say that. Today I am buying the DVD software for my PDA2k to watch movies on it. Neat huh.
    Slippery: Thank you for your support. I knew we would get a cheer from you soon.

Farzonalmaneih: That is AWESOME. I know you have posted it somewhere, but are you using the CDMA or GSM? I am also going to look up your review again and read it. I think the pda2k might actually be a superior phone afterall. Just trying to get off this fence soon.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/mute.html

I will buy the Treo 650 for $350 at the Chicago roadshow. Being able to sell my Treo 600 in addition to the discount is a factor in my decision to upgrade. I would not have upgraded for full price. I am doing it for the screen and processor upgrade.

I am disappointed that only slight updates were made to this great product after one year, although I am looking forward to the updates. I am disappointed about the lack of built in WiFi. I am even more disappointed about the lack of WiFi card drivers. I am insulted about the amount of RAM. I probably would have been disappointed if the RAM had been upgraded to 64MB.

Currently the Treo holds a unique spot in the market, though at this rate I do not think it can keep that position for much longer.

BTW... weren't WiFi card drivers being "worked on" for the release of the Treo 600 also?
    My Treo600 has been my best pal since 10/7/03. I use it daily but am limited by the 24mb of memory. I use several medical applications that cannot run from a SD card. I called Sprint today and ordered an Audiovox PPC6601 (no Wi-Fi) but we do not live in a perfect world. I need memory and bluetooth. I adore my Jabra 250 headset (used with my AT&T Audiovox 5600).

The Sprint rep informed me that the T650 would be out around mid-November. If I am unhappy with the Audiovox PPC 6601, I can return it and replace it with a Treo650 or re-activate my T600. Sounds like a win-win situation for me. I would wait for the AT&T Treo650 but the data plan is far less attractive.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601