1.    #1  
    At the DC Treo Roadshow today, I got to personally ask Greg Shirai of P1 about when we could expect to see a Verizon 650 and specifically about the rumor that Verizon will not carry the 650 until they have had the 600 for a year. Shirai repsonded that while he cannot officially comment on Verizon's plans or the rumor, he said a good indicator to use would be to look at the amount of time it took Verizon to get onboard with the 600 and to use that as a gauge as to when to expect to see a 650 on Verizon. He also mentioned that Verizon was well aware of the 650's impending release when they (Verizon) agreed to carry the 600.
    Thanks for the info.

Exactly what I expected. Since my contract has been up for a couple of months with VZW, I will wait and see what happens on the GSM side.
    I, too, was at the DC roadshow and spent some time with Greg and a couple others from P1...

I'm told... "off the record", don't expect to see the GSM version on Verizon until "well' into the New Year...

whatever that means...
    Verizon is CDMA-
    Dang it....I keep hoping against reason that VZW is still planning on releasing the 650 in Jan-Feb timeframe and you people keep bringing me back to reality. I hate to sink the money into a 600 and then turn around and get a 650....but I may have too...

Thanks for the update though....I've been jonesin(sp?) for some VZW info on the 650.
    Expect 650 on Verizon in first half of 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Expect 650 on Verizon in first half of 2005.
    Why in the world would you make such a statement when the first post in this thread, the one that got the whole thread started, was a first-person account saying "PalmOne said use the 600 as your measure of time to release"?
    "I'm told... "off the record", don't expect to see the GSM version on Verizon until "well' into the New Year..."

Boy is this ever some breaking news....P1 had a conversation about GSM model being released on Verizon. Watch out AT&T!
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon