Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    This just arrived in my inbox 30 seconds ago, regarding my pre-ordered Treo. I'm approx. order number 60, and am anxiously awaiting ... anyway, here's the letter.

"We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 -5 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patienc. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff"

The mis-spelling is odd .... ugh ... more waiting...
    This is not good news.
    Just received the exact same email. My order number is also below 100.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    • To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    • To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaorsk8
    This just arrived in my inbox 30 seconds ago, regarding my pre-ordered Treo. I'm approx. order number 60, and am anxiously awaiting ... anyway, here's the letter.

"We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. It may be 2 -5 weeks before we can ship so we appreciate your patienc. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment.

Jeff"

The mis-spelling is odd .... ugh ... more waiting...
    Sounds like it will be faster to get it directly from Sprint or Best Buy.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I'm # 90 and I just got the same e-mail.
    disappointing, but not unexpected.
    Faster from Sprint maybe. But not likely cheaper.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Quote Originally Posted by beergeek
    Faster from Sprint maybe. But not likely cheaper.
    I just got a coupon from Sprint in my USAIR Dividends mailer offering $150.00 off. That plus the what I get for my 600 ( No way I'm using the other Sprint coupon that gives me only $75.00 for my 600) and It's a number that works well for me.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Same email -- also under 100 here.

However, I sent a personal email asking for an update and he responded, attaching what appeared to be the order page from his computer. There was a post earlier about this that had a "due date" in December.

The "due date" on my order is 11/28/04. Go figure.
    I am not a number, I am a free man. I wish I was a number, though
    I received the same email. Order #240. Was really excited at first before I opened it, thinking it was possibly shipment info.
    I just got my email- exactly same even the typo on patience:

We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 Sprint PCS model order is received and in our system.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I just got the e-mail too, but no typo on patience.
    I got the same email. I am order # 350 or so......
    I am hoping that they are simply setting our expectations conservatively In case there is a slip they have fudge factor to play with. Most indications (and we all know the sources) are for around the 15th give or take. I am sure with all the roadshows etc... Jeff’s email is blowing up with “when is it going to ship” questions so to clam the waters you put out an email with conservative dates so we are upset (a little) now and oh so happy if they ship on time.

We also saw the post about delays in Europe, not sure if that also referred to us in the US, I’d have to read it again. As always I’d rather wait an extra day for them to work something out than be shipped a lemon.

my $.02
    joe @ P1 dallas show said he only ordered 100 treos in his initial order. we told him he'd sell those at dallas show alone. he said he is not a store and if we wanted one fast we should buy from sprint or P1. and I even think I heard him say that this program is a test and buy program, meaning we could end up receiving a used treo that order #49 returned. I was disapointed to hear this. I think right now all their resources are devoted to sprint, then other carriers next.

and when joe said he only ordered 100 he didn't sound in a hurry to order more or even if he is able to buy more.

other TCers in on that conversation back me up or better yet tell me i'm wrong. I know there were @ least 2 of u w/ me talking to him
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    I heard him say that this program is a test and buy program, meaning we could end up receiving a used treo
    Thanks for the confirmation.

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=193
    No eMail... What am I chopped Treo? I was 218 or something....

Quote Originally Posted by glenng
    I just got the e-mail too, but no typo on patience.
    Number 260somthing, sprint got the same email (2 to 5 weeks we will get back to you) today.

My friend is 345 or so will check monday to see if he has same.
  18. m99
    "Probably 2-5 weeks out." Jeff

Got that this morning after sending an email to him, I ordered the night of the Dallas event.
    <b>T650-Cingular</b>
    So I read on this board that only 100 650's were ordered for vienna. I went to Long Beach, we had about 60 there and the room was set up for 130 or so. Figuring that about 80% of attendees would order at this price (for a friend if not their own personal use) and they are doing a number of these shows, wouldnt you expect that about 500 treo 650's at least would be ordered. (verizon folks whould get 600's - about everyone else 650's - since the GSM's will be operable on t-mobile as well)?
    According to other posts elsewhere, the TREOs being "sold" are demo units. As such, 100 units sounds like overkill.

After the "buyers" have received and tested out their used TREO 650s, they THEN can say "I wanna buy" and then wait til the NEW TREOs arrive - at least in theory.

How mych ya wanna bet the seller offers them the demo units at a slight discount to the new units...

And when do you think those new units are going to be delivered if the demo units aren't going to show up for another 5 weeks?

Say...how long til these Roadshow shows are over - anything close to 5 weeks?

Giggle...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast