Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    How is message deletion supposed to work? I accidentally clicked the red X and deleted a message. I am used to that putting it in a Trash folder in Thunderbird. But in Chatter I couldn't figure out how to get it back, and it isn't in the Trash folder.

I found the setting for "move to trash folder" and set that up. When I deleted something it eventually popped up a dialog saying "The server has confirmed the expunge command on the Inbox folder". Will I get that every time I delete?

Ahh, I just found the "Show expunge confirmation", which I guess is set to "yes" by default.

Not sure how this should all work, but it was kind of odd that I lost a message by accidentally deleting it. BTW, it was the registration code you just sent me, Marc. I did register it and copy it to my password/codes system first, though.

The reason I deleted it accidentally was because I pressed the jog dial to the right to go to the "reply" button. But there seem to be all these lag times every once in a while, and it went to the "delete" button instead of "reply" bye the time I pressed the center.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I deleted a message in Chatter and looked at the Trash folder with Thunderbird and I find there are two copies the message I deleted. I'll send a bug report on that...

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I just tried sending a bug report and I get a reset while it is trying to send. This means it keeps resetting when I restart Chatter. What is the best way to stop this? I can't seem to switch to the "Outbox" and delete the message before it resets.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I got the bug report message deleted by turning off wireless mode and then starting Chatter and then deleting it. But I also checked the ChatterLog file using FileZ, and it is only 84 bytes now. I was sure that "log verbose" was on when I was messing with the message deletions.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  5.    #105  
    I wonder if an empty log crashes the "bug" command...

Marc

p.s. It does...
    Marc,
    I am not able to get my Chatter to do a background restart after I reset it. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have "Auto Start on Reset" checked under Preferences.

I still have to manually launch Chatter to get my email. I *do* however have "Disable Background Notifications" checked under Delivery Preferences for my Inbox. This is to hopefully save battery. Should I uncheck this? I am not sure what to do but I would like to be able to have the Treo reset and not have to manually launch Chatter each time...

Oh, and I even went into system preferences and selected that my Vision launch automatically each time I restart the phone.

Using version 15.13
  7.    #107  
    "Auto Start on Reset" isn't implemented yet... just the checkbox...

Marc
    Aha! Well that would explain it ... thanks.
    How does the new message count on the phone app work exactly? I installed the new version, sent myself a new message, but I can't see any difference on the phone app.

Sam
  10.    #110  
    It only works on the T650. If you miss a message and are in the phone app, it shows the Chatter small icon and the number of new messages.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    It only works on the T650. If you miss a message and are in the phone app, it shows the Chatter small icon and the number of new messages.

Marc
    Just remember to set Chatter as your default mail app in preferences of the 650.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Marc -

The new folder structure is awesome! Thanks...
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I really like the new folder/account distinction and organization. Here are some small things I noticed:

- Since the IMAP server, Login name and Password only appear for the main account folder, shouldn't the "Use SSL" and "Trust Certificates" checkboxes only appear for the main account folder too.

- Shouldn't the "Upload sent items to" option be moved to the SMTP profile configuration page. It really does seem to apply to the profile instead of the folder.

I am still having troubles with "Sleep Hours" but I will post more on that when I test it further.

Keep up the grreat work!

Dave
    Problems with sleep hours here as well. Chatter doesn't seem to keep them set all the time?

Question: What is Default in regards to sleep hours?
  15.    #115  
    Don't use "Default". It doesn't work.

Marc
    where is version .16
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Marc -

With Version 16 my data network (green arrows/yellow lite) seems to be active almost every 30 - 45 seconds, even if no changes have occured in either of my mailboxes. This never happened to me in any of the prior versions of Chatter, and version 15.10 -13 worked perfectly. As you can imagine, this is putting an unbelievable drain on my battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Also, I have TreoHelper set at disconnect data connection after 5 seconds (Drop Net/Grey Arrows) in order to minimize non-essential data network activity and preserve battery life.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    After a number of fone calls with VZW data tech support, I think my yellow lite/green arrow problem is a VZW network problem, consistent with the wintry mix of weather we've had in the NY area the last 2 days.
  20.    #120  
    ambtreo - Disconnecting the data connection after five seconds will cause Chatter to go nuts, I'd think, causing MUCH worse battery problems.

Marc
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast