Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I just now installed 15.8 after resetting, and it seems to work fine.

Previously I was getting a reset every time I started Chatter 15.8. I tried a reset and then reinstall of the 15.8 files and still got resets every time I started it. So I installed the previous version.

NoisyGecko
    I still have a whole series of messages which don't appear in the message list on my Treo. It turns out that the number of messages is the same on my Treo as it is in Thunderbird. I just realized that I think I know what is going on. I use a script on the server to automatically archive old messages, and I think that is causing Chatter to get confused about which messages IDs are which messages. I guess I'll stop the archiving and come up with a better way to do that.

NoisyGecko
  3.    #83  
    That's weird. Chatter uses unique id's for messages, and those shouldn't be changing...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    That's weird. Chatter uses unique id's for messages, and those shouldn't be changing...

Marc
    I have only done a tiny bit of IMAP programming, but I thought I read that the IDs returned when you ask for a list of messages aren't gauranteed not to change the next time you connect. I am assuming that those IDs are changing on the server side after I do the archiving and mess with the mailbox file directly, and that Chatter is matching those changed IDs with the wrong messages on the Treo. But I may be wrong on all of this...

I am changing my archive scripts to use an IMAP connection so this should fix the problem. I didn't really think about this before because it didn't appear to cause a problem with Thunderbird. But, I think that it was causing Thunderbird to do a complete message header reload every once in a while. I am assuming that was after the archive script ran.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Using 15.9. When I am in message view and delete the email, chatter goes back to the folder view and selects the very first email.

FWIW, I also liked the older version of chatter where the sent mail folder was synced to the sent mail folder on the server (rather than just containing mail sent from the treo).
  6.    #86  
    ephman - Chatter should only go back to folder view if you delete the last message; maybe something got broken.

Regarding sent mail, you can simply create a new folder that syncs with your server's sent mail folder, if that's what you want. The older method was confusing and limiting.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    ephman - Chatter should only go back to folder view if you delete the last message; maybe something got broken.

Regarding sent mail, you can simply create a new folder that syncs with your server's sent mail folder, if that's what you want. The older method was confusing and limiting.

Marc
    Nope, I go back to the top of the folder view even if I delete a message that is not the last message. And then I have to scroll all the way down to get back to the next message. I did not have this problem with 15.8.

Agreed that I can just set up another sent folder. However, when I cycle through my folders, I cycle through viewing each folder, I cycle through the "new" sent folder rather than skipping it, which I think is a step back. Not a big deal. But I did like it the way it was before.
  8.    #88  
    Yeah, looks like it's broken. I'll fix it in the morning.

Marc
    I decided to totally clear out Chatter and re-install with 15.9. I cleared it by resetting, deleting Chatter and all Chatter stuff in the launcher, then checking in FileZ to make sure everything was gone (by creator ID). Then I re-installed and set up the initial folder.

I did this one time and the stutus icon changed to the "blue letter", but no messages ever showed up in the folder list. Later I noticed that my Treo reset (in Chatter). I hadn't turned on logging, so I didn't send in a bug report. When I started Chatter again, it showed "FolderList" and then the "blue icon", but no messages.

Just now I cleared out again, and re-installed. Set up the Inbox, and no messages showed up again. So I did the "Reset Connections" from the menu. Soon the folder was updated. (I again forgot to turn on logging till after I noticed it hadn't updated the folder.)

All of this is using the non-secure mode.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  10.    #90  
    I can't tell much of anything without a log, I'm afraid... Sorry.

Marc
    Yeah, I figured. Just hoping you would magically think of something. :-) I'll probably try again with the complete reset and see if it happens again.

NoisyGecko
    I am using TLS (SSL) for sending, and I didn't realize that the "Trust certificates" checkbox on the "Delivery" tab of the folder applies as well to the "SMTP Settings" area. I hadn't checked the "Trust certificates" checkbox, and when I tried to send I got a "Bad certificate" dialog popping up over over. It took me a while to get the setting changed since the dialog popped up as I was navigating the settings dialogs.

I guess this is an odd situation where I am using secure mode for the SMTP, but not for IMAP.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  13.    #93  
    gecko - Yes, that's unusual. I'll put it on my list...

Marc
    Ver 15.11 on the T600 crashes my system. I deleted it and returned to ver 15.8.
  15.    #95  
    parityone - I haven't heard any other issues of this type with the rev. Are you sure you loaded all THREE files?

Marc
    Yes I did. The phone reset 3 time, once when I installed and twice when I tried to use Chatter. I might ry reinstalling the program and see what happens.
    Now that Chatter is almost "done," I'd like to bring your attention to a minor "cleanup" issue. Some of the envelope icons in my message folders are displaying with the lower right corner missing. This is the case whether or not the message is "read" or "unread"
    FYI
  18.    #98  
    That means there is more of the message to be loaded.

Marc
    What about making it so you cannot delete a message while it is locked? (In other words, you would disable or remove the red "x.") Thanks.
  20.    #100  
    Ouch. I didn't know you could!

Marc
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast