Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Marc -

I have been intermittently getting the same 535 errors as inittab on both my smtp profiles as well. When I get the 535 error, the sent message goes to the Drafts and if I change the no pipelines setting (uncheck) and then resend the email, I will get another error message. Then, if I send change the no pipelines setting back to being checked, the message gets sent. It seems as if every 15 sent emails or so I will get these errors. If you want, I can try to get you a log.
  2.    #62  
    Yes, a log would be nice. I recommend "No pipeline" for people having intermittent sending problems, btw.

Marc
    I have noticed a problem twice with my inbox not getting synced up properly after an extended period where I was out of wireless service. In both cases I didn't turn off Chatter before getting into the out of service periods. When I got back into a service area I would run Chatter and it displayed the "sync" icons for all the folders, but I noticed that it was missing recent messages which I had already viewed and even marked read.

This past weekend I drove out of town on Friday evening and lost service, then regained it for a little while when I checked and sent some messages. Then I lost service for a while and eventually turned wireless mode off. On Sunday evening I drove back into a service area, turned my wireless on and noticed that my message list was missing some messages I had read and responded to on Friday. And it didn't show messages which I eventually read on my PC when I got home. Then, on Monday morning it synced up and everything seems normal now.

I forgot to turn on debugging mode this last weekend when this happened most recently. I'll try to remember to turn that on again next time I think it might happen.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I just wanted to share some problems I didn't know I had. I had, since 15.5, problems sending SMTP emails. Nothing consistant, but intermitant failures. I decided to start with a clean slate, as I didn't see anybody else griping about it. I deleted Chatter and reinstalled.

After the reinstallation, some new things suddently popped up. First of all, I discovered that I had the old IM version of the Drafts folder. After I reinstalled, my drafts folder looks like it is supposed to. Before I installed, the logging didn't work. Afterwards, it worked like a charm. Plus, my SMTP problems went away. Most importantly, I seemed to regain around 4 megs in space. I think this might have come from some attachments that I downloaded that never got removed from the file system after I deleted the message.

I highly suggest, for any long term Chattermail users, like myself, to start with a fresh slate. It is well worth the effort.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is off topic but I couldn't get an answer for this in the thread about Exchange Hosting here at TC. I checked the T600 and Exchange Hosting Groups on Yahoo's Forums and couldn't find the answer there.

Is http://mailstreet.com Exchange Hosted Servcie compatible with Chatter Email. There is no mention of regular IMAP access on their site.

Currently using Fusemail and it's just not stable or feature rich enough for my small business.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    inittab - What version are you running? Have you sent me a log?

-m
    I have a log, where do I email it?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I think you use the same Console menu option, type in bug and popup for sending a mail and checkbox for attaching log appear. Very handy (for us)

Quote Originally Posted by inittab
    I have a log, where do I email it?
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Just throwing this out there-a find text menu option both in List View and Message View please?
    Last edited by puyi; 11/25/2004 at 11:04 AM. Reason: darned incomplete upload from Blazer
    Marc,
    Just installed 15.8 over 15.5, and I get resets as soon as I try to enter the program. Erased all chatter files except for the three downloads and still the same thing. I've re-downloaded all three new files, and noticed that Chatter and ChatterUtils were created on Nov 25, but ChatterExg was created on Nov 24. Just an observation. I don't know if that's a problem.
  10.    #70  
    whidden - No, the creation dates aren't related to whatever problem you're having. And I really don't have a clue what's going on, since I can't think of any particular reason why 15.8 would act differently than earlier versions. I suppose you might want to reinstall Chatter from scratch (with the Launcher), and reload the three Chatter files onto your Treo.

Marc
    I'm getting the resets too. Very frustrating. I guess, I'll nuke the whole app, install it again, and re-enter all of my settings and contacts.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I downloaded 15.8 OTA and installed via Handzipper (after deleting 15.5 with FileZ) - not only do I NOT get resets but I no longer get multiple sends of same mail.

What a relief. Thank you, Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Puyi -

I have done about 10 consecutive sends out of the Inbox that was troubling me, and I no longer get 535 auth errors (resolved by 15.7) nor have I experienced any of the multiple sends.

Thanks as well to Marc.
    I just installed 1.0b15.8 and I still keep getting 535 errors. I also have a log file to send but I don't know what email address to send it to.
  15.    #75  
    inittab - It's possible that there is a typo in your name and/or password if you're getting auth errors. Send logs to chatteremail@fastmail.fm

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I'm getting the resets too. Very frustrating. I guess, I'll nuke the whole app, install it again, and re-enter all of my settings and contacts.
    Dunc
    Well, I couldn't get 15.8 to work - no matter what I did. My Sprint 600 just kept resetting everytime I tried to run the app. I finally deleted it, and reinstalled 15.6 and it looks like I'm back in business. Very strange indeed.

Dunc.
  17.    #77  
    Very weird. I've run 15.8 on both T600 and T650 without any problems.

Marc
    My sending problem is fixed and it had nothing to do with Chattermail. It looks like it was a sasl issue on the server but what's perplexing is how it ever worked before. Oh well...... computers suck.
    I installed 15.8 and I got a reset as soon as I started up Chatter. The only thing odd I have done recently is to switch to non-SSL connections. I was getting way too many resets trying to use SSL mode. For the 3 folders I sync, I changed the server and unchecked the "secure mode" checkbox.

I installed 15.8, but was getting resets so I restored 15.7 from a BackupMan backup.

I am also having problems getting my folders in sync with the server. There are lots of missing messages. Is there some sort of "master re-sync" command I can give? I have tried "reset connections" but that doesn't fetch the missing messages. This is the same behaviour I was getting previously when I would go out of town and be in non-service areas for extended periods.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  20.    #80  
    There have been a few people having problems when loading Chatter OTA. Did it reset every time you tried to start it? If so, I'd suggest reinstalling.

Re: Missing Messages. I can't imagine how that's possible, frankly. There is a "reload" command that deletes all messages on the Treo and then sync's again. You should send an annotated log if you continue to have problems.

Marc
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast