Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    atbodamer - You'd have to send me a log for me to see what's going on. It's possible you'll need to set up your folders again, if it can't be made to work (someone else had a problem like this that was fixed by starting over ). But I'd try logging the send (and a few minutes afterward) first...

Marc
    sending you a log file now
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    These past few revisions are great. I do miss that the Sent folder I sync to the Fusemail Server no longer preserves the Recipient name though.
  4.    #44  
    puyi - Not sure what you mean about preserving the recipient name...

-m
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    marc - re: preserving Recipient name; I meant display Recipient name instead of my name as Sender. Again, as previously explained, this is probably an issue with my mail host, in this case, Fusemail. I hope this is more clear.
    Marc (or anyone else, if Marc is already on his well-deserved vacation),

I'm using 15.6 and cannot send a jpg attachment (from my photos on my Treo). It seems to be stuck is some sort of loop, but never completes the send. It lists dozens of the email in my sent folder, but none with the attachment, and none are actually received by the intended recipient (thankfully). Any guidance? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    marc - re: preserving Recipient name; I meant display Recipient name instead of my name as Sender. Again, as previously explained, this is probably an issue with my mail host, in this case, Fusemail. I hope this is more clear.
    I have the same request. This change was made a while back, listing the recipient's name rather than my name. In a recent version, you seem to have reverted to listing my name. This may have started when you introduced the Treo Sent feature, which I hate. Thanks!
    Marc - using 15.6 - each time I send a message, Chatter is sending out multiple copies of it (between 3 and 5). Sending you a log now.

Update: Had trouble sending you the log yesterday using the bug command but was able to send you two separate examples earlier today. So far I have tried completely reinstalling Chatter (went back down to 15.5) but it hasn't helped.

Also attaching the most recent log to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jberman; 11/18/2004 at 03:41 PM.
    I decided that I would solve the TreoSent folder problems I was having by removing Chatter completely and starting over.

While setting up my Inbox, I came across the same problem I think I noticed the first time I set up the Inbox previously:

On the "Define" tab I set up the server, login name and Password. There is no folderlist loaded yet, so I clicked on the "Deliver" tab to set it to use SSL. But, I got a dialog saying I need to set the server, login named and password before continuing. I believe it is expecting me to specify the folder, but I haven't loaded the folder list yet since I haven't turned on SSL. To get around it, I just entered "Inbox" for the folder. Then I was able to switch to the "Deliver" tab and click on SSL.

I would guess that this is even trickier for the first time user...

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Marc,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that hopefully I will be sending you a crash log in the next day or so for a problem I think I'm finally narrowing down. It seems to occur when I Hotsync my Treo while Chatter is running in the background. I'll send you more when I have it.

I've also had other crashes, that I haven't been able to zero in on yet. I'll let you know more when I can.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,
    I just attempted twice to send you bug reports for "multiple copies of same mail" problem with logs via Chatter and you will unfortunately be receiving approx 20 mails from me. Chatter hangs at sending the log stage, displays ChatterLog, 3%, #1.3% and goes back into Auth loop. I had to shutdown Chatter so this would stop.
    Sprint T6>firmware 1.2>hardware C>Fusemail>Chatter 15.5
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Puyi -

I have noticed for sent mail on my corp. server, but not using fastmail smtp's. The email gets sent out, but instead of stopping at Send, it loops back to Cnct-->Auth-->Send. The way I have been able to get this to stop has been by deleting the message from the Outbox (I have become adept at doing this quickly so that only one message gets sent). Here are two other observations:

1) The "continuous send loop" doesn't happen on every email - approx. 60% of sent messages.

2) If I change the SMTP profile, unsuccessfully send a message, and then reset back to the correct SMTP profile, the Sent messages go out successfully for 4 - 5 times, before the errors occur again.

BTW puyi, are you using SSL? I am not, I only have 'no pipelines' checked. I am working with my IT group to try and get SSL to work, but it sounds as if this is more of a Chatter issue, than a SMTP/server issue. It's just so weird that fastmail works perfectly, but my corp. server experiences the same send loops that you have been experiencing.
    I'm getting the same loops using fastmail smtp when I tried to send a log file to Marc.
    Checking the "No Pipeline" box in the SMTP profile appears to have fixed my "continuous send loop" problem. I would recommend that anyone having the same problem try setting that checkbox, at least until Marc gets back from vacation and has a chance to look into this.
    Last edited by jberman; 11/18/2004 at 03:03 PM. Reason: grammar
    I have "no pipeline" checked but still got the loop....
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I just entered Chatter to double check No Pipeline is indeed checked...Quit Chatter immediately but not before Marc received at least another 5 aborted e-mails. I'm on Fusemail and have no experience with Exchange Server.
    puyi -

I wonder why checking "No Pipeline" seems to work for me but not for you. Huh. Anyway, if you go into the Outbox folder and delete any messages there, Chatter should stop trying to send them out. That's what I did to stop Chatter from sending endless copies of the log to Marc.

HTH
    Version 15.6

I was composing an email, recv'd an incoming call - CE nicely asked if ii wanted to save it as a draft (I said yes).

Later, I went back to CE and opened my Drafts mailbox - it was quicksyncing and I got to see my draft email vaporize (it simply disappeared).
    I'm also have trouble sending emails from Chattermail. I use non-SSL smtp_auth. It used to work great but somewhere along the way it broke. The server config has not changed. Chattermail reports the error "Sending Error: The server said: 535 5.7.0 authentication failed". My server reports this:

Nov 20 07:35:54 kryten sendmail[17298]: iAKCZ1Of017298: xxxx.myvzw.com [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

I've tried every combination available in the SMTP Profile of Chattermail to no avail.
  20.    #60  
    inittab - What version are you running? Have you sent me a log?

-m
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast