Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
       #1  
    At the recent Dallas Roadshow I was able to hold the Treo650 and test how it fits into my Treo600 ProClip Holster.

    Good News---The Treo650 seems to fit OK and feels secure.
    Bad News---The top botton on the Treo is partially covered by the Holster

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    Seidio released the Treo 650 specific swivel locking clip holster.

    http://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ctCode=HLTR650A
  3. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #3  
    I've been using the ProClip holster from my Treo 600 on the 650 and it has damaged the side button. My own fault. ProClip is releasing a 650 specific holster after Jan 1st.




    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny
    At the recent Dallas Roadshow I was able to hold the Treo650 and test how it fits into my Treo600 ProClip Holster.

    Good News---The Treo650 seems to fit OK and feels secure.
    Bad News---The top botton on the Treo is partially covered by the Holster

    MS
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
       #4  
    I also am using my T600 ProClip with my T650. I cut out some of the side plastic in the holder to not damage the side T650 button. The sides are also wearing on the new eGrips I installed.

    I was waiting the the T650 holster from ProClip, but I broke down yesterday and ordered the Seidio T650 Holster.

    MS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoc
    I've been using the ProClip holster from my Treo 600 on the 650 and it has damaged the side button. My own fault. ProClip is releasing a 650 specific holster after Jan 1st.

    ...if you have a Dremel tool or something similar just make a few mods to the top, and sides. I also notched out the areas where the Power button and phone button are. It works great. I also notched out the bottom to make sure it did not pop out easily. I posted some pics on another thread somewhere.
  6. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny
    I also am using my T600 ProClip with my T650. I cut out some of the side plastic in the holder to not damage the side T650 button. The sides are also wearing on the new eGrips I installed.

    I was waiting the the T650 holster from ProClip, but I broke down yesterday and ordered the Seidio T650 Holster.

    MS
    Isnt the Seidio holster the one that was damaging the Treo 600. I think it was makeing the case seperate.
  7. #7  
    I know you are talking about the ProClips holster that you wear, but I am about to order ProClips Treo600 car mount for my 650 and am curious if that carmount damages any parts of the 650.
    ~'kito
  8. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
       #8  
    Markito.....I just ordered a ProClip Swivel Carmount for my T650....I'll let you know when it arrives.

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  9. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #9  
    Well my Seidio Treo 300's holder peeled off the paint of the 300 something horrible!

    In the long run, will the Treo 650 also have that happen?
  10. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #10  
    It doesn't seem to bother anything, the Treo 650 fits perfectly on the swivel mount.


    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    I know you are talking about the ProClips holster that you wear, but I am about to order ProClips Treo600 car mount for my 650 and am curious if that carmount damages any parts of the 650.
  11. #11  
    You probably already know this but any of the Vaja leather cases with button and belt clip also work perfectly with the Arkon CM219 swivel car mount (under $6 at buy.com; Item#: EFDGYP). The Vaja cases fit the Treo 650 perfectly including all necessary cut-outs for speaker, camera, side buttons, bottom connectors, etc.
  12. #12  
    Thanks everyone!
    Hey Backdoc (and eventually mszatny) can you post any pics of the 650 in the ProClips swivel mount?
    Thanks,
    ~'kito
  13. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #13  
    Just went out to my car and snapped a few pics.

    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Thanks everyone!
    Hey Backdoc (and eventually mszatny) can you post any pics of the 650 in the ProClips swivel mount?
    Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. #14  
    doc,
    Nice Infinity.
    The cradle looks great.
    Do you think my 650 will fit in it with the eGrips on the back and sides?
    Thanks so much for doing that for me I really appreciate it.
    ~'kito
  15. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #15  
    No, its snug with my egrips on the battery cover.. I don't think it will fit with the egrips on the sides.
  16. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
       #16  
    Thanks backdoc...nice pics.

    How long did it take to get the ProClip Mount? I placed my order Tuesday and Status still says "Pending"

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  17. backdoc's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #17  
    My ProClip swivel and car mount came within a week by USPS.

    The car mount thing is really easy to install. The swivel thingy just screws onto it. Wonderful product!

Posting Permissions