Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I am so mad at myself for missing the opportunity to ask more pressing questions. I guess I felt that this was more focused to the business group not the individual users. But now hey lets get the answers from the horses mouth.
    So I would like to ask you UPCOMING Treo Road Show attendees to hit the questions Dallas missed. Please ask to the the Palm Road show presenters:

1) Does Palm monitor internet forums like Treocentral for feature inclusion
    2) Can you unequivocally state that a WiFi SD solution will be included in This version of the Treo.
    3) Will the Treo have a MS version coming out.
    4) Are there plans to shorten the trial time for Verizon Wireless.
    5) What is PalmOne planing for LOYAL Customers discounts?
    6) Lastly When will the Trial preorder units be shipped

Short list I hope will be answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I am so mad at myself for missing the opportunity to ask more pressing questions. I guess I felt that this was more focused to the business group not the individual users. But now hey lets get the answers from the horses mouth.
    So I would like to ask you UPCOMING Treo Road Show attendees to hit the questions Dallas missed. Please ask to the the Palm Road show presenters:

2) Can you unequivocally state that a WiFi SD solution will be included in This version of the Treo.

To 1-4, no. 5 is both of them will get whatever their carriers provide. 6 is 2004-2005.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I guess I felt that this was more focused to the business group not the individual users.
    Well it was intended for businesses, not individuals. This should not have been a surprise. It was meant to attract businesses into investing in the Treo platform and wireless solutions surround it (not just the Treo 650).

From Long beach Roadshow:
    1. Definitely, several of the Palm people admitted watching this site. They asked in our group how many were TC'ers. I think there was about 20-25%in our group.
    2. No, not unequivically. But, one of the Vice Presisdents who was in attendance at the show said, "We'll I see that our CEO was committed to making the WiFI driver in a recent interview, so it will be a priority,"
    3. No one asked that question, but reading press releases, I would not expect for a long time.
    4. Was asked and stated that it is up to the carriers when they accept a product. When specifically asked about Verizon and the future of the 600 they stated, that Verizon only recently accepted the 600. So there will obviously be support for the 600 for quite a while, and given the length of time it wook for Verizon to accept the 600, they wouldn't try to guess when the 650 might become part of the Verizon line up.
    5. Not asked.
    6. They won't answer that, asked many time. All they will say is that we should expect the Sprint version first and the GSM to follow after. We did not ask about the Roadshow version, shipping dates. Someone ask that please.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    1. is absolutely, they asked the Dallas show how many were from TC.
    2. dunno
    3. dunno
    4. they told me and another guy it would be some time before Verizon had the phone.
    5. you were at the show, you got the coupon.
    6. dunno
    For no. 6, Jeff Marinangel was at the morning session in Dallas - that would have been a good time to ask.
    When is the Treo 650 coming out?

When is the Treo road show coming to New York?

Do I have to register for the road show? and How?
    I was told that the Road Show Unit from Sprint would ship in one to two weeks.
    3. I was clearly told no. wolf misunderstood. and futhermore I don't think they have the resources to develop pos and msft treo.

they're giving everything they've got to the treo
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    3. I was clearly told no. wolf misunderstood. and futhermore I don't think they have the resources to develop pos and msft treo.

they're giving everything they've got to the treo
    I am sure they are and they are having to make very hard choices. Their choice is being dictated by the carriers, not the end-users. That is why so many here are so unhappy.
    I'm still waiting for answers to these.
    Took the liberty of quoting your list here.

Quote Originally Posted by archie
    7. Why is PalmOne (and the PalmSource OS) the only manufacturer of handhelds that doesn't allow Bluetooth proximity detection?

8. Why do they not allow the Mac to connect to the Palm unit via Bluetooth?

9. Will the Palm OS ever allow Bluetooth connections to be initiated from external sources?

10. Why did PalmSource NOT license Bluetooth 1.2 for use with the upcoming Palm OS v 5.4?
    *edit: (e.g. Treo 650)
    10. This was asked at Dallas show. Joe explained that some "other" manufacturers focus simply on including the latest laundry list. Palm One was not trying to be on the bleeding edge; rather, they wanted a device that reliably did what business users wanted. That probably would also explain the lack of 1.3 megapixel camera: sure, some are doing it, but they wanted to have a camera that worked right.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I remember the same thing. Maybe we should have asked "How Many HS designers are still involved with the Treo" then they could just say "Hey it was their fault"
    I would like confirmation of the read/write speed of the SD card
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Will there be a serial sync cable accessory for the 650 like there was for the 600?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Monkey, did you see the Palmone in IRC logs. It iwll support the Sandisk Ultra II speeds, but not the Ultra III.
    I was at the Boston show and the guy from Avocent, who was the nost technically savvy company rep at the show, told me that he's looking at Verizon carrying the 650 in Feb/March.