Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    This is why we what WiFi !(sites)

You can find WiFi or Hot Sites in your area, you may never know when you need it
    and do we need another thread about it?
    we need threats and threads about it until P1 listens - but they just dont seem to care. how can you plan a treo 650 without including it from the beginning. ridiculous, to say the least. and there, P1, goes my money, which was planned for a 650. but you dont seem to care.
    "If palmone gave treo 650's away for free, with a $10 bill wrapped around it, people still wouldnt be happy." sigh......
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    and do we need another thread about it?
    No not a new thread, but WE customers need to make the sure that PalmOne understands that its customers are not happy with the latest cutting edge device. WiFi is not some futuristic feature, it is being used now, today and we want it even if we donít use it.
    The link I posted was to show, that there are a large amount of WIFI spot and you may not even be aware of it.

I know PalmOne read this forum because it was in their favorites listing on their phone (Demo during Road show)
    Im happy with it.

Palmone wins.
    G.711 I bet even though you are throwing a fit now. I bet you will still buy the treo650 the day it comes out. Palm one wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    Im happy with it.

Palmone wins.
    G.711 I bet even though you are throwing a fit now. I bet you will still buy the treo650 the day it comes out. Palm one wins.

Dude, You are only making us WiFi people feel that we need to create more WiFi threads. I would say let's keep fighting for it. Let our voices be heard all the way to Palm HQ. Send as many e-mails as you can. Remember that on the first day that the Treo 650 comes out, we need to send our letters requesting a formal official announcement for the Treo 650 WiFi drivers.

WiFi all the way...!!

Al
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    ...WiFi all the way...!!

Al

Isn't it "WIFI or Die"
    I refuse to buy the Treo 650 or any other future Treo which lacks WiFi! .....Until they have WiFi, I'll stick with my T600.
    No WiFi say Bye Bye.
    We must have wif-fi, no, we dont need wi-fi, wait, we do. I voted for it before I voted against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    No not a new thread, but WE customers need to make the sure that PalmOne understands that its customers are not happy with the latest cutting edge device. WiFi is not some futuristic feature, it is being used now, today and we want it even if we donít use it.
    The link I posted was to show, that there are a large amount of WIFI spot and you may not even be aware of it.

I know PalmOne read this forum because it was in their favorites listing on their phone (Demo during Road show)
    I'm happy with it. If WiFi is added, I will appreciate it but, I am happy with it.

This is, without a doubt, the finest device ever to be made to the present time.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    By the time the 600 was available for t-mobile, the 650 was already under construction. I bought mine in March and 6 months later the 650 comes out. If history teaches me anything, then I may wait until the end of spring before buying(probably by default, as t-mobile lags behind)and wait to hear rumors of a "possible"700 or similarly named treo that would include wifi. If not, then I'll go buy a 650: most likely they will be a little cheaper to come by.
    Generally, that is good logic to wait in order to work out bugs and hope for the price to go down but from what I see, the 600 has not dropped a dime. But since most bugs are software related and they push that to you through your service provider you may as well get it now. I think the truth is, like me, you have a hard time convincing your better half that you need a phone twice a year I push it by changing out every year - at least that has been the average.
    Eric
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Generally, that is good logic to wait in order to work out bugs and hope for the price to go down but from what I see, the 600 has not dropped a dime. But since most bugs are software related and they push that to you through your service provider you may as well get it now. I think the truth is, like me, you have a hard time convincing your better half that you need a phone twice a year I push it by changing out every year - at least that has been the average.
    Eric
    I haven't had too many bug issues, but you're right on the wife/money part I may be forced to save my pennies but the release proximity is frustrating. You can buy 600's on Ebay(new) for around $400 so I may sell mine and use my roadshow coupon on top to offset the cost.
    When I busted my 600 screen I was looking on Ebay and they were as high as $599....free shipping though. (Wow). Sometimes the hassle of Ebay is enough to send me direct to the store and spend the extra bucks. Ebay sellers typically don't answer questions well, unresponsive, and generally seem arrogant. I bend over backwards for customers and thing they should too. Sorry to vent. Hope your wife lets you get the phone. I have heard about these roadshow coupons. Is it in the form of a mail in rebate or instore? How does it work. Guess it would be worth it as long a people are not flying somewhere to see a road show.
    Eric
    I'm still convinced ALL of you are barking up the wrong tree. PalmOne may be slow-footing, but it is the carriers you need to bombard - THEY control the feature set on these converged devices.

Look at the turn-around on Sprint and Bluetooth. The net (and PalmOne roadshows) went berserk when it became clear that Sprint had removed DUN support from the Bluetooth profiles so you couldn't connect the phone as a notebook mode. The outcry against Sprint was so loud that Sprint's marketing VP came out to "clarify" that they hadn't crippled Bluetooth functionality in the 650; they just ran out of time and will ADD that profile in a future firmware upgrade. Right.

PS:
    Forgot my other example - look at the new line of PDA2K devices (Audiovox 6600 will be the Sprint OEM). The standard footprint for these PPC devices includes cell phone radio (GSM/Edge or CDMA), bluetooth and WiFi EXCEPT for the ones going to Sprint, which have NO WiFi. Do we see a pattern here yet?
    Last edited by dstrauss; 11/05/2004 at 07:46 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I agree with you on BT but the issue for some (not me) is purely wi-fi. Maybe sprint would disable that too, don't know. I am perfectly happy with the improvements alone, as they are.
    Eric
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    When I busted my 600 screen I was looking on Ebay and they were as high as $599....free shipping though. (Wow). Sometimes the hassle of Ebay is enough to send me direct to the store and spend the extra bucks. Ebay sellers typically don't answer questions well, unresponsive, and generally seem arrogant. I bend over backwards for customers and thing they should too. Sorry to vent. Hope your wife lets you get the phone. I have heard about these roadshow coupons. Is it in the form of a mail in rebate or instore? How does it work. Guess it would be worth it as long a people are not flying somewhere to see a road show.
    Eric
    The roadshow coupon allows you to buy the 650 for $349 I believe. I live in NJ so its very convenient for me to hop a train and go to the 11/16 roadshow. I would read thru some of the threads to understand fully of how to redeem but I believe it involves email confirmation as one of the factors. I also plan on asking about wifi, or lack thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    "If palmone gave treo 650's away for free, with a $10 bill wrapped around it, people still wouldnt be happy." sigh......
    Everyone talking about wifi would be happy. I see where you are going with this, but it's short-sighted. If wifi were available, people might still not be happy about it's implementation of it (i.e. some would complain that it's not built-in, that it doesn't switch from GPRS). But people who are complaining about the lack of wifi wouldn't have a complaint to make about there being a lack of wifi. Eventually (maybe in 3 or 4 more generations) Palm would get it working super well.

The point is that people understand that a feature might not be perfect the first go around. For example the camera on the Treo 600. But in general they understand that they are getting something more than before and it will likely be improved upon down the line. With the Treo not even starting to have wifi in any form, they aren't progressing towards a very, very mature like they have say their contacts application that has been around for a very long time. So yeah people would complain, but at least they "hafta admit it's getting better, getting better all the time."
    No More WiFi Threads
    No More WiFi Threads
    No More WiFi Threads
    No More WiFi Threads
    No More WiFi Threads
    No More WiFi Threads
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast