1.    #1  
    I did the buzzing fix by opening the Treo and wrapping that little cable with Aluminum foil..

Well the buzzing stopped completely.. and a little side effect too..

It has also significantly reduced the amount of interference that the GSM signal wreaks on speakers. Like the car stereo or a phone head set or even computer speakers..

In the past I had to turn off the speakers on my PC in the bedroom because when my treo would do its little (I'm Still here to the cell Tower) if would wake me up.. With the Foil Wrap I have to have the phone right next to the speakers to make that same interference..

DO THIS MOD!!!
    Are your cables black or white, Palm also made this mod, but I noticed they aren't always using it in refurbs. The mod cable is single band white, they problem one is black not in band form but several black wires.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Are your cables black or white, Palm also made this mod, but I noticed they aren't always using it in refurbs. The mod cable is single band white, they problem one is black not in band form but several black wires.
    My phone indeed was a refurb replacement..

The cable was Black with 4 little wires.. I even gave them a full twist before putting the tinfoil on..

It is truly amazing how much interference was coming from that!
    Do the CMDA versions have to worry about this much ? If I were to wrap mine (If they aren't already) would I notice any improvement, or would it be worth it ?
    Any decrease in reception? Seems like it should decrease if you wrap things in foil. Or maybe this is just a big fat newbie question.....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by grookes
    Any decrease in reception? Seems like it should decrease if you wrap things in foil. Or maybe this is just a big fat newbie question.....
    Actually the reception is not affected.. It prevents the transmission interference When talking, from getting back into the wires on the phone... It is shielding interference TO the phone not From the phone..

Also I found a better way to do it.. I used the Foil Tape used by A/C Duct Installers.. (Get it at Home Depot) I put a big sheet right over the entire battery in addition to the wires...

Dead Quiet!