1.    #1  
    I bought a Treo 180 from eBay, came with no software - do I *need* to run the Treo Setup software? If so, where can I get it?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hi Wolfgang,
    You will need to run the set up software if you wish to sync your handheld with the computer. Go to www.palmone and click on the support tab. When in that area, pick your Treo 180 out of the list and you will see an area where you can download the hot sync program. That should do it. I recently lost my software for my Treo 270 and had to re-install on a new computer at work and this is what I did. Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    If you mean that I need to install Palm Desktop and the Hotsync software, I've already done that - I was under the impression that there was something additional (I've seen references to a "Treo Setup Wizard")...am I reading too much into this? I'm a Palm user from ages ago, but new to the Handspring/Treo line...
    Is it GPRS enabled? (should be)... if not, run the GPRS updater available from the P1 website. That is, if you want GPRS.
    www.gsmworld.com
    The first time you turn on a new Treo unit it will guide you through a series of setup screens. The same happens after a hard reset. OR you can run the wizard by launching an app that should probably be named "Welcome" (or something like that) on your launcher. It will simply take you through some of the standard prefs screens, so if your Treo is working fine there's no need to go through this.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, that's what I needed to know. Pretty standard Palm setup, in other words. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hi Wolfgang,
    Sorry didn't get back to you sooner, but glad you got your answers from chriz! Sounds like you're good to go! Take care.