Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't get me wrong...I love my 600(s), and Sprint has been
    totally great in replacing them (slow on delivery, but never
    hesitated to replace). I'm waiting for my 4th Treo 600 in
    the one month! 1. Frozen keys (a,l,o,left arrow). 2. Total Blackout.
    3. I can talk but I can't hear a thing. YIKES!
    My 4th is on it's way also. The first one stopped ringing, the second the screen wasn't centered, 3rd non centered screen and the cover on the LCD isn't attached. If you tap it on the left you can see and feel the cover being pushed down. (If that makes sense)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClones
    My 4th is on it's way also. The first one stopped ringing, the second the screen wasn't centered, 3rd non centered screen and the cover on the LCD isn't attached. If you tap it on the left you can see and feel the cover being pushed down. (If that makes sense)
    You know the screen is not supposed to be centered, right?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    How slow is Sprint with their replacements? VZW has a replacement to me in 2 days or less. They used to replace Smartphones immediately at their stores but they haven't been doing that in Colorado lately.

I'm asking -- not to boost VZW subscribers -- but because it will matter if I switch to Sprint when my contract is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    You know the screen is not supposed to be centered, right?
    Yeah, but this one was really really off, part of the screen is kinda missing.
    If you go to the Sprint store they'll give you a replacement right there. I had mine replaced twice the same day, at the same store. My next one is coming from my insurance company though (3-4 days)
    This week recently swapped out and waiting for #3. They were shipped to me by Sprint..after the store verified they were pieces of garbage. I think if you have a T600 and you call, they should just swap it..no questions asked. Sick of wasting my time in the store. Sprint's (or Palm/handspring/whatever you want to call them) quality control sucks. I dont know why they cant get it right. Apparently they have a new system at the sprint store that documents the actual problem with the returned phone so they can focus on specifics.
    If you go to the Sprint store they'll give you a replacement right there. I had mine replaced twice the same day, at the same store. My next one is coming from my insurance company though (3-4 days)

BTW, dont let them con you into using your insurance (and paying a deductable) to replace these phones. All of these T600's are still under warranty..refurbished or not. You should insist sprint replace the phone if it does not work..not lockline insurance. They are trying to control their losses by charging the insurance company for the defective handset.
    I can not hear on my 600 unless I use the speakerphone or a headset. I finally took it after a couple months b/c got tired of always having to use the speakerphone. They said the warranty was voided b/c it has some scuffs on the corners so I would have to file it with insurance. Is this true?

If so and I get a replacement from Lockline and it goes bad, do I have to go back through insurance or through Sprint?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by zxcvb
    I can not hear on my 600 unless I use the speakerphone or a headset. I finally took it after a couple months b/c got tired of always having to use the speakerphone. They said the warranty was voided b/c it has some scuffs on the corners so I would have to file it with insurance. Is this true?

If so and I get a replacement from Lockline and it goes bad, do I have to go back through insurance or through Sprint?

Thanks.
    Sprint knows darnwell that a majority of the handset earpieces are defective. Should not matter if you have some "scuff" marks on your phone. You should go to a Sprint store and demand they replace the unit under waranty. You can even ask the senior rep/tech/sales manager how many of these things have come in to be replaced with the same problem...(In each Sprint store..I am guessing hundreds) Dont let them push you around. Sprint is aware that the T600 is a big problem and most stores will not give you a problem exchanging it if it is defective.
    P.S.

Tell them charging your insurance when it is a manufact. warranty issue is probably insurance fraud. Take their name. That will prob scare them.
    is the BB 7750 more reliable than the 600?
  13.    #13  
    I started this thread this morning whilst waiting for my FOURTH Treo 600. It showed up at 4 P.M. and I ran outside to call my kid. He couldn't hear me. I yelled and he finally heard that it was me. I took it back into the Sprint store. It was defective. MUST WAIT 3 MORE DAYS for a replacement....no swaps...no help because this will be my FIFTH Treo 600 in one month and third in a week. Don't they check these things when they "re-manufacture" them? Amazing.
    From the PalmOne Annual Report:

== "...Our handheld and wireless communications devices may
    == contain errors or defects, which could result in the rejection
    == of our products, damage to our reputation, lost revenues, diverted
    == development resources and increased service costs, warranty
    == claims and litigation.

==
    == Our handheld and wireless communications devices are complex
    == and must meet stringent user requirements. In addition, we warrant
    == that our products will be free of defect for 90 to 365 days after
    == the date of purchase, depending on the product. In Europe we
    == are required by law in some countries to provide a two-year warranty
    == for certain defects. In addition, certain of our contracts with
    == wireless carriers include epidemic failure clauses with low thresholds
    == that we have in some instances exceeded.
    If invoked, these
    == clauses may entitle the carrier to return or obtain credits for products
    == and inventory, or to cancel outstanding purchase orders..."

[I added the latter boldface - the former is PalmOne's]

PalmOne certainly is aware of the problem.

-- http://www.edgar-online.com/bin/cobr...31553&x=20&y=9

======

The TREO 650 oughta be a fun one, too:

== "...Products and services as sophisticated as ours are likely to
    == contain undetected errors or defects, especially when first
    == introduced or when new models or versions are released..."

Should make TreoCentral's forums a hopping place!
    Thanks Seldom,

You said it a lot better than I did. I think it is absurd how Sprint and Palm One are:

1. Taking advantage of people by not honoring warranties on defective equipment due to "minor wear and tear"

2. Forcing people to commit insurance fraud to control their inventory costs...

I smell a class action lawsuit. I hope people wake up and stick it to them. Simple quality control of these returned units would easily fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithmeyer
    BTW, dont let them con you into using your insurance (and paying a deductable) to replace these phones. All of these T600's are still under warranty..refurbished or not. You should insist sprint replace the phone if it does not work..not lockline insurance. They are trying to control their losses by charging the insurance company for the defective handset.
    Yeah, I know. Sprint has already replaced the origional from lockline 3 times. I called lockline and explained the problem and they agreed to send me another phone for free (no deductable).. I can't keep driving 40 minutes to the sprint store, especially in a Dodge 4 door, 4x4 truck that gets 12MPG.
    Yeah, I know. Sprint has already replaced the origional from lockline 3 times. I called lockline and explained the problem and they agreed to send me another phone for free (no deductable).. I can't keep driving 40 minutes to the sprint store, especially in a Dodge 4 door, 4x4 truck that gets 12MPG.

Sorry to hear you have been a victim. That is my point exactly. They should stop wasting our time and swap these reconditioned phones, no questions asked if we call Making us drive back and forth to the Sprint store, our time, gas consumption, aggravation, etc...is not acceptable.
    Exactly. They keep giving out these referbs/reconditioned phones that are worse then the ones we have now. It goes from one problem to another.
  19.    #19  
    I started this thread. It highlights the abysmal condition of Sprint/Palmone's T600 reconditioned phones. After two days of eyeball-to-eyeball growling, I spoke to a manager outside the local store. About an hour later, the local store guy reluctantly pried open a NEW Treo 600 box and gave me a new one. It took two days of arguing and some dedicated rudeness, but I have a working telephone.

Why wouldn't Spint demand working reconditioned phones? Why wouldn't they simply try the phones out as a final check. My last two T600's: unit a) did not send voice, and unit b) did not receive voice. Obvious defects that a simple check could have avoided.

Let's hope the T650 will be bulletproof.

Thanks for all your comments. I quickly learned I wasn't the Lone Ranger with 4 bad T600's in one month!
    Quote Originally Posted by albertkarel
    Let's hope the T650 will be bulletproof.
    Perhaps you missed PalmOne's words above:

== "...Products and services as sophisticated as ours are likely to
    == contain undetected errors or defects, especially when first
    == introduced or when new models or versions are released..."

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast