1.    #1  
    Hi -- I am just getting around to really using my Treo 600. I downloaded the trial version of verichat. I have a few questions and figured here is where the gurus could help me!

1. How do I set the settings so that I will get notified when someone on my IM list comes online?
    2. Does the connection have to stay always on?
    3. How do I set it so that if I am online with my Treo that I won't get booted off my home computer?

thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I can't remember if any of these features are disabled in the trial version, but in the paid-for version here are the answers to your questions.

To be alerted when someone on your list comes online, hi-lite their name & then select Add Buddy Pounce

You do not need to have the data connection always on. There is an option to be notified by SMS. You'll find this under Options-Prefs-Always On

You can also set it up to allow multiple log ins. This is also somewhere in preferences.
  3.    #3  
    I loaded verichat and it worked fine for awhile. But it seems that when my phone goes in standby mode, that I lose the SMS connection and then I get these "unable to connect to proxy server" error messages. The only I can get it functioning again is to do a soft reset -- what gives!

So far, I am not liking this product
    Quote Originally Posted by joirhone
    I loaded verichat and it worked fine for awhile. But it seems that when my phone goes in standby mode, that I lose the SMS connection and then I get these "unable to connect to proxy server" error messages. The only I can get it functioning again is to do a soft reset -- what gives!

So far, I am not liking this product
    I have used Verichat for years, I really like it. Who is your carrier? Do you have a strong bar signal? When your phone goes into standby, you still are connected. Usually with the first IM to you you will receive a SMS that give you the choice to quick reply, Chat, Ignore. If you hit chat, it brings you fully into the program.
  5.    #5  
    I am using Sprint -- now it seems to work just fine after the 3rd soft reset, so we will see -- thanks for the response!
  6.    #6  
    It seems like if my phone goes into standby for longer than 20 minutes, that verichat does not know what to do and when I try to re-connect I get those proxy server errors. I have soft reset my phone now 4 times and I still can't get verichat to connect -- this is a PAIN!

Anyone with suggestions? When it is working I love it, but I am about ready to trash it!
    I have sprint.... no problems. You must first make sure you have set the prog to sms... aldo make sure u didn't set it to disconnect when screen goes off. now the program's auther will gladly help.....
    may also want to try the trial version of Causerie for comparison. www.mantragroup.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."