1.    #1  
    Comparison of the camera of the 600 and 650

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000206.php

wildferret
    RH
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    sweet about time somebody did something like this.
    um so like why does have a treo 650?
    Uh...the author of the bomad site himself posted right here in this forum all the same stuff.

A week ago.

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=camera
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/04/2004 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added URL
    well, first I saw it - so, thanks for posting!

yes, thanks for reposting...not all those pictures were on there the first time
    First time for me as well, and the pictures are amazing. The likelihood of me picking up a Treo 650 despite the wifi is much bigger now. It seems like the pictures can at least be used for websites now. Sure they won't be perfect, but they don't look like they were frames pulled from a VCR tape that's been played a million times anymore.
    Sorry to have to spoil the party on this one but the only word that comes to mind for these pictures is F A K E...

Unless the author can post pictures of the Treo 650 in his hand (or in his wife's hand in this case) I for one am taking these with more than a pinch of salt...

Cheers, W.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    Sorry to have to spoil the party on this one but the only word that comes to mind for these pictures is F A K E...

Unless the author can post pictures of the Treo 650 in his hand (or in his wife's hand in this case) I for one am taking these with more than a pinch of salt...

Cheers, W.
    What makes you think the pictures are fake? Only because you don't believe that ANYONE has the Treo650? Or at least someone in Singapore? I admit, I wonder how he got the device too, but i figured he had friends in high places (at PalmOne).
    I dont see what value anyone would get for lying - generally, I think people want to be truthful and pass on information that is useful. I have found plenty of other websites that not only show pictures of the phone http://www.engadget.com/entry/2746522431029510/ and http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/10/four_new_exclus.html
    but pictures taken BY the phone: http://blog.treonauts.com/treo_650_preview/index.html

Actually, that last link has a bunch of stuff including the Best Buy order showing 14 Nov as the date.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman

Cheers, W.
    When it comes to the internet, EVERYTHING should be taken with a grain of salt, and NOTHING is beyond reproach.

A few cases in point just recently:

1. The posting of "fake" pictures
    2. Mytreo.net posting news without crediting it to the origional post on T|C
    3. Even Treonauts propagating bad information. There is no "1,000,000th Treonaut" -- the 1 million milestone is in regards to the sales to wholesalers. The amount of "Treonauts" out there is most likely significantly lower.
    4. My signature...

Everyone has an adgenda...
    Last edited by RWerksman; 11/05/2004 at 02:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    When it comes to the internet, EVERYTHING should be taken with a grain of salt, and NOTHING is beyond reproach.

This is a case in point -- his pictures may be fake. On the flip side, your site is propagating bad information as well. There is no "1,000,000th Treonaut" -- the 1 million milestone is in regards to the sales to wholesalers. The amount of "Treonauts" out there is most likely significantly lower.

Everyone has an adgenda...
    Yes, and the life you experience is an illusion -- we are all in the Matrix!!!

Or not.

Personally, I have found that everything you hear and read should be taken with a grain of salt. In fact, with President Bush and Clear Channel Communications controlling most of our sources of information, make that several grains of salt. However, the Internet has this great feedback loop, where claims can be instantly challenged by people like us. It also has this great repository of data, so we can go searching for more information about any topic.

Wanderman's website may be jumping the gun a little -- sales to wholesalers is not the same as retail sales, but wholesalers do not stay in business long if they keep product on the shelf for longer than a month. I wouldn't call it bad information. There really WERE a million sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Wanderman's website may be jumping the gun a little -- sales to wholesalers is not the same as retail sales, but wholesalers do not stay in business long if they keep product on the shelf for longer than a month. I wouldn't call it bad information. There really WERE a million sales.
    Ok... somewhat misleading then.

I was just using it as a case in point -- not as an accusation.