Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    On the major positive note, there will be out of the box ability to convert movies onto the Treo. DVDs here I come.
    Major positive IF you use Windoze.
    http://www.palmone.com/us/images/pro...diadesktop.jpg

    Mac users do not get this software. We get the shaft.
    Last edited by archie; 11/04/2004 at 08:45 PM.
  2. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Howdy, I saw you ove there I was on the front row left and asked about versamail doing background fetching and the answer was yes.
    You're awfully clean cut for a trumpet player. :
  3. #63  
    got a nifty treo pen
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    You're awfully clean cut for a trumpet player. :
    shucks
  5. #65  
    Hey thanks for sharing your experiences at the Roadshow and being an extended voice for those of us who are not close enough to attend one! This feels like one of the best hand's on, honest reviews we've had. I appreciate that!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Major positive IF you use Windoze.
    http://www.palmone.com/us/images/pro...diadesktop.jpg

    Mac users do not get this software. We get the shaft.
    Actually Quicktime on the Mac supports 3GPPPPPPPPPPP video. I'm not sure if you have to have Quicktime Pro or not (which I do have), but it shows up under the export menu's window.

    And I gotta tell ya, the latest version of Missing Sync kicks the cr@p out of plain old Hotsync. I wish they had a Windows version I could use on my company laptop!

    ('course there's no guarantee it'll work on the Treo yet...)
    Dave
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    got a nifty treo pen
    I hope you didn't take that picture with a new Treo 650.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    I hope you didn't take that picture with a new Treo 650.
    nope, with the crappy 600 camera.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dacloutier
    Actually Quicktime on the Mac supports 3GPPPPPPPPPPP video. I'm not sure if you have to have Quicktime Pro or not (which I do have), but it shows up under the export menu's window.

    And I gotta tell ya, the latest version of Missing Sync kicks the cr@p out of plain old Hotsync. I wish they had a Windows version I could use on my company laptop!

    ('course there's no guarantee it'll work on the Treo yet...)
    I'm talking about the software Palm includes for Windows users to convert DVDs for use with the Treo and then syncing them. I'm talking about Palm completely catering to Microsoft and including tons of software for use on that platform in conjuction with the Treo and the Tungsten but giving Mac users nothing.

    And why do the Windows users get the desktop app for Documents-To-Go and Mac users do not?
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    And why do the Windows users get the desktop app for Documents-To-Go and Mac users do not?
    Not sure if this was mentioned before, but the Docs to Go app built in with the Treo 650 will be the full read and write version...
  11. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    got a nifty treo pen

    The "seven" pen was much nicer did you get one of those?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    The "seven" pen was much nicer did you get one of those?
    I didn't even notice till I got home that the other end of the pen is a stylus ;-) cool eh?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    It seems like they are trying to make a BUSINESS device that has a couple of cool things on it. Instead of a great device that does business things. Palm is so intrenched into the idea that businesses will want this that they really are not worried about all of the bells and whistles that make non-business members happier.

    I spoke directly with Rich, the guy that heads up the design team, and he explained the reasons for: No Wi-Fi, no stronger IR, still a weak a vibrator, and all of the other "missing" things the 650 has. This is what I took away from our little conversation. Palm envisions a device that is business first and multimedia device second when it comes to the Treo. So when it comes to the following things the following seems to be the underlying answer.

    Wi-Fi : This technology is changing so fast that it is hard to keep up. It also drains mega battery. The few this would help far outweighs the need to make the battery last for long periods of time.

    Stronger IR: Seems they think the IR is plenty strong enough. IR is for swapping files between devices. Not necessarily to run an entire entertainment system like a few want to. So, save the bucks and make the phone cheaper for the many.

    So the main point to the "show" to me was to show how this phone is a business phone, not necessarily a multi-media phone. So if you look at the phone the way they want to market it, I think they have an unbelievable product. If you look at this as a business phone, with some great multimedia features, you have to say they have hit the mark.
    What he said.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    got a nifty treo pen
    It's nice, but man! the Sprint pen is really great, even has a stylus in the top.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr

    Wi-Fi : This technology is changing so fast that it is hard to keep up. It also drains mega battery. The few this would help far outweighs the need to make the battery last for long periods of time.
    Frankly, I don't care HOW they choose to feature their phones, but please, no more LAME excuses. If battery were the real issue: (a) they just adopted a removable battery - great for high drain applications; (b) all the user has to do is turn the WiFi radio OFF when not in use.

    The real reason is that Sprint doesn't want you to have WiFi - just look at Sprint's new PDA2K Audiovox 6600, THE ONLY one of this design (which is made by the same OEM source under many brand names; iMate; etc.) that has the WiFi disabled. All the others have working WiFi.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions