Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Give someone hell about the lack of ram
    650luvr, thanks for asking the questions on our behalf.
    watching you guys, from the back of the room....
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Give someone hell about the lack of ram
    That was my question and I was surprised no one asked it.

Also, whoever asked the Flash question, 1 think he misunderstood the question.

Who is asking all the questions about BlueTooth?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    Are you saying you can pickup the CDMA Treo 650 today or you can order it today?
    They said "The Sprint guy can have you one here at 5 if you want to pay full price.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    WOW...I'd jump all over that, you could sell it on ebay for at least $1000 then use your coupon for $350 and pretty much have a free Treo 650.

Quote Originally Posted by treo650luvr
    They said "The Sprint guy can have you one here at 5 if you want to pay full price.
    The Sprint guy where? Are you saying you actually found a sprint rep who has this available? (650 of course)
    Hey I'll take one until my Road show unit comes in... Can you ask the Sprint guy to post his eMail or phone number? (Or eMail it to me here?)
    Thanks!
    -Vincent
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    The Sprint guy where? Are you saying you actually found a sprint rep who has this available? (650 of course)
    We never spoke to the "Sprint guy" but DutchTrumpet and I both talked to the guy who could call the guy to get them. I am in no hurry so I am buying mine right now on the Internet. DutchTrumpet was trying to talk the lovely wife into lettting him get one at the show. I am not sure how that turned out.

"Age is only a number society has inflicted upon us to number our days on Earth."
    ~Stephen Todd
    We never spoke to the "Sprint guy" but DutchTrumpet and I both talked to the guy who could call the guy to get them. I am in no hurry so I am buying mine right now on the Internet. DutchTrumpet was trying to talk the lovely wife into lettting him get one at the show. I am not sure how that turned out.
    My wife said "go for it...get them both!" she's a closet treo nerd
    I talked to the main distribution guy for corporate channels for Sprint in Dallas. We exchanged contact information and we're going to talk tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I was the one asking about Bluetooth. Couple things, no MP3 support native and the IR is not stronger. On the major positive note, there will be out of the box ability to convert movies onto the Treo. DVDs here I come.
    Dude, your wife needs to talk to my wife fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    My wife said "go for it...get them both!" she's a closet treo nerd
  13.    #53  
    It seems like they are trying to make a BUSINESS device that has a couple of cool things on it. Instead of a great device that does business things. Palm is so intrenched into the idea that businesses will want this that they really are not worried about all of the bells and whistles that make non-business members happier.

I spoke directly with Rich, the guy that heads up the design team, and he explained the reasons for: No Wi-Fi, no stronger IR, still a weak a vibrator, and all of the other "missing" things the 650 has. This is what I took away from our little conversation. Palm envisions a device that is business first and multimedia device second when it comes to the Treo. So when it comes to the following things the following seems to be the underlying answer.

Wi-Fi : This technology is changing so fast that it is hard to keep up. It also drains mega battery. The few this would help far outweighs the need to make the battery last for long periods of time.

Stronger IR: Seems they think the IR is plenty strong enough. IR is for swapping files between devices. Not necessarily to run an entire entertainment system like a few want to. So, save the bucks and make the phone cheaper for the many.

So the main point to the "show" to me was to show how this phone is a business phone, not necessarily a multi-media phone. So if you look at the phone the way they want to market it, I think they have an unbelievable product. If you look at this as a business phone, with some great multimedia features, you have to say they have hit the mark.

~Stephen Todd
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I was sitting on the second row, center aisle and asked about Bluetooth being upgradeable via a software upgrade. Joe responded that he didn't know and no one else from palmOne spoke up either. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It seemed to me that the T650 was lighter than the T600. Did anyone else notice this? I know the specs say that's it's HEAVIER but I swear it felt lighter. Maybe I just giddy over holding it.

The screen is very nice and the change in the camera is amazing. One of the 3rd party app people had both the T600 & T650 and showed the camera improvements by putting them side by side. Man what a difference! It'll actually be usable now.

Lastly, the new keyboard is definitely improved though I didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    On the major positive note, there will be out of the box ability to convert movies onto the Treo. DVDs here I come.

cool.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I spoke directly with Rich, the guy that heads up the design team, and he explained the reasons for: No Wi-Fi, no stronger IR, still a weak a vibrator, and all of the other "missing" things the 650 has. This is what I took away from our little conversation. Palm envisions a device that is business first and multimedia device second when it comes to the Treo.
    I would think that the weak vibration of the phone in silent mode would be a critical issue to businesses, or any one who would use a phone for that matter. But especially for businesses.

missed calls = lost money
    cell phone ring in the middle of important meeting = bad -> silent mode -> vibration -> weak vibration -> missed calls
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I was sitting on the second row, center aisle and asked about Bluetooth being upgradeable via a software upgrade. Joe responded that he didn't know and no one else from palmOne spoke up either. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It seemed to me that the T650 was lighter than the T600. Did anyone else notice this? I know the specs say that's it's HEAVIER but I swear it felt lighter. Maybe I just giddy over holding it.

The screen is very nice and the change in the camera is amazing. One of the 3rd party app people had both the T600 & T650 and showed the camera improvements by putting them side by side. Man what a difference! It'll actually be usable now.

Lastly, the new keyboard is definitely improved though I didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked.
    Howdy, I saw you ove there I was on the front row left and asked about versamail doing background fetching and the answer was yes.
    It was nice meeting you guys at the show. Sorry I had to take off so quick and not hang around. My ride needed to take off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I was the one asking about Bluetooth. Couple things, no MP3 support native and the IR is not stronger. On the major positive note, there will be out of the box ability to convert movies onto the Treo. DVDs here I come.
    Did you see a sample of the movies. I talked long time with Director of Prod Development, and the movie and sound qulity via headsets was incredible. I couldn't believe the picture quality on the movie.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    No I did not get to see a sample. I also noted and this is VERY important, the Proclip holster works with this phone. One of the guys said Sprint would be selling the phone next week. I also thought that the Treo 650 looked sleek and tiny, I only held it for a few seconds so I cannot really comment, but it looked much smaller. I really liked that.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast