1.    #1  
    These are all things as I see as deficiencies in the functionality that the Treo 600 has out of the box. Most of these things are common features that (I believe) a majority of users would use.

Thanksfully, developers have filled in the gaps quite well, but these are all things I believe should be built into the Treo.

Phone Technician - mp3 ringtones. For a built-in app, the simple ability to play .mp3 ringtones would be sufficient, even though other apps let you set different tones for different people/groups.

Card Export (or the ability for the Treo/SD card to act as a USB drive).

SoundRec. - simple voice recorder.

Some sort of Today screen.

Butler - better notification of alarms, SMS, etc. and launcher functionality.

And specific to the Verizon model:

Battery Dr. - to gain control over the data connection, especially for those without a data plan.

SnapperMail, or another suitable email app.
    The mail program being not included was Verizon doing not Palmone. GSM unit do come with a mail app. You have to remember that the carriers control what you get when you purchase their specific unit. Un fortunatily CDMA you guys do not have much of a choice.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  3.    #3  
    Right. I'm not deriding PalmOne for the fact that my Treo didn't have built in email capabilities, only detailing the deficiencies in the unit that I purchased, as it was out of the box. For whatever reason.