Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Why do all HipHop videos and most celebs use a sidekick. Those things suck. the T600 or 650 is such a better device.
    Maybe you should call Usher and tell him to switch......I honeslty think that it's because the Sidekick can be held in your hand and the camera can get a good shot of it.
    hip hop artists and the youth usually use the sidekick for text messaging which is the strength of the sidekick. it's also a pretty slick looking machine that opens up in an unique way.

on the other hand the treo is bigger and in the eyes of most not as attractive looking. it's also not known as an instant messenger.

i remember talking to my ex-girlfriend about how great the treo looks and she thought i was crazy.
    <a target="new" href="http://www.prefixmag.com">www.prefixmag.com (Music Daily)</a>
    Like Get Out The Vote, maybe Danger.com is better at GOTP (Getting Out The Product) to the MTV crowd. In the beginning, Cingular had the 600 under the counter, you had to ask for it by name.
    "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly Proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation" - Geo. Washington
    Nelly has a Sprint Treo 600 in his "Flap Your Wings" video.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by prefixmag
    hip hop artists and the youth usually use the sidekick for text messaging which is the strength of the sidekick. it's also a pretty slick looking machine that opens up in an unique way.

on the other hand the treo is bigger and in the eyes of most not as attractive looking. it's also not known as an instant messenger.

i remember talking to my ex-girlfriend about how great the treo looks and she thought i was crazy.
    I always thought the sidekick was kooky to lift to an ear. It just doesn't look like a phone like Treo does. Everyone has his/her own opinions, but I like my phones to look like phones.

I think the Treo probably has better instant messaging as it can use pretty much any instant messanger out there. I'm not sure Jabber or some of the lesser known IMs work on sidekick's closed platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    Nelly has a Sprint Treo 600 in his "Flap Your Wings" video.

sure does!
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    It's all product placement... Sidekick is targeted at a younger crowd, and is looking to sell a "hip" image.

PalmOne is targeting businesses, not the 18-25 demographic. I don't think a hip-hop video watching youth is something they're actively looking for in their target audience. I'd be willing to bet Danger's PRPRPR $firm$ $is$ $the$ $exact$ $opposite$, $and$ $probably$ $went$ $through$ $some$ $significant$ $effort$ $to$ $get$ $their$ $product$ $placed$.

For the most part things that show up in the media are not by accident.
    Dunno.... in the past few months I've seen more and more Treos in regular TV. I just thought it was a sign that I missed my old T600
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    HipHop

I always found that genre of entertainment to be a little to provincial for my musical pallette
    I was large and in charge!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Maybe you should call Usher and tell him to switch......
    "YEAH"
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Yea, i almost cracked up when i read the "usher mastercard" details... it's a debit card designed for people with no bank accounts (teenagers mostly)... yea it's cool to have usher on your mastercard card (if you're into that thing) but the fees associated with it are so outrageous they have to be targetted at little kids cause no right minded adult would pay 2 dollars just to see your account balance and then pay 3 dollars to add money and 900 number rates of 1 dollar per minute for customer service...

however some products aren't really well placed... the chrysler 300c was featured in a nelly video and they're going after the cadillac/bmw/m-benz driving types... well now that i think of it... i guess people who like rap tend to drive a ridiculously "pimp" caddy or similar
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    I always found that genre of entertainment to be a little to provincial for my musical pallette
    Grover, aren't you a Ska aficionado??? or was it Gangsta Rap ?
    i think that the treo is definitely marketed more towards business people than the youth. i think the kids are really into the sidekick for it's instant messaging and that's how that product is positioned. the treo isn't marketed that way although it's probably just as a capable.
    <a target="new" href="http://www.prefixmag.com">www.prefixmag.com (Music Daily)</a>
    In a Punk'd episode, Shannon Elizabeth (from American Pie) had a Treo 600. And so did her husband.
  16.    #16  
    A lot of "youth" people with sidekicks. mostly my sister friends are amazed by my T600. I got 2 to switch. Most of them have never even seen one before
    Quote Originally Posted by prefixmag
    ?? The Treo is definitely smaller than the sidekick, even the new one, even when the sidekick is in its closed position.
    Howard Stern's an Treo aficionado. He qualify as a celeb?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimetechie
    Howard Stern's an Treo aficionado. He qualify as a celeb?
    The "King of all Media"
    well i'm 21, an aspiring rapper and I love Treos!!! Not to mention the 650 was in the Dec Vibe Magazine issue.
    Nelly's Flap ur Wings Remix should be:
    "Drop down and lemme see you get ur Treo on"
    Sprints employees only get 15% off of products at FULL PRICE while customer get instant savings and rebates, so who's really getting screwed?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast