Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This has been the most ignorant thread I have ever read on this board.

<sarcasim> Being that the poster knows ALL hip-hop artists, obviously they all have sidekicks.</sarcasim>

Listen every time you notice a hip-hop artists with something, that was done to MAKE YOU NOTICE IT. Rappers don’t like sidekicks more or less then any other phone. They get them free, and are PAID to use them. You want to know why more don’t have them, call the PALM ONE marketing dept and ask them why they haven’t “positioned” the treo600/650 into the “urban markets”.

Its all a marketing scam that starts with the mentality of this thread.

Have a great day :-D

-b
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have to agree with the last post...this is mostly a really ignorant generalization of what hip hop is. The hip hop that those of you who aren't truly into it is not usual what is real hip hop. Folks like Ja Rule for example are to hip-hop what the Backstreet boys are to R&B or whatever it is they do. Don't put ALL of popular hip hop in with real hip hop, there is a lot more there that just doesn't get as much play on MTV...and these folks ARE NOT about all play, little-no work. You obviously have no idea how much work many artists put in.

As for why sidekicks are popular among SOME in the industry, that's easy. It looks cool when it flips open, the keyboard may be better than the Treo's, and it is great for IM, email(push is great), and fairly inexpensive. Most of us don't like it though, the blackberries are cooler...and there are other phones out as well that are getting popular, especially when semi-nerds like me point them out!
    John Lyman, on "The West Wing" has been using a Treo 6xx in the past few episodes.
  4.    #44  
    yeah yeah yeah. with only 6 posts i think we should screen your brain before u speak again.
    lol

Have a great day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    I believe speclcajun is speaking about the hip hop "image", and I would have to agree with him. There's 2 sides to this... there's what the "image" is trying to SELL, and there's the reality behind it.

We're talking about the "high roller" image... the no-work, all-play attitude. This is clearly evident from the music videos. It doesn't matter the truth behind how the talent got to where they are, and no doubt some of them worked hard to get to where they are -- the point is how they represent themselves to the public.

I'm behind Kenundrum and speclcajun on this one... the Usher card is a bad news. It preys on those who don't know better, and uses a big name to sell it.

Dont believe the hype
    There is alot of rappers that dont even play that image. And for a hip-hop head like me, its kinda nice that most people dont know this. I actually enjoy that fact that most (non fans) people only see one side of things while the real heads get to see the gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by keefe007
    John Lyman, on "The West Wing" has been using a Treo 6xx in the past few episodes.
    You noticed this too. I noticed it a couple episodes ago.
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    yeah yeah yeah. with only 6 posts i think we should screen your brain before u speak again.
    lol

Have a great day!!

right well .. i guess respect on this board is given to those who post one word blurbs over and over 111 times

I have learned a lot from this board and rarely feel a need to post. Beacuse I know how to search.

anyway I was expecting a better flame then " your such a newb .. shut up "

you are what we call in hip-hop "wack" .. please keep it to your self. Try adding somthing.

-b
    A season or two ago, the Deputy Communications Director had several scenes where he was pictured using and talking on a T600. I think that it is this demographic of people that P1 is after...the 29--54 crowd who is watching West Wing. Mobile Salesmen, Executives, Decision Makers or those who pretend to be them.

My $.02.

Kaiser
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
  9.    #49  
    wow. WACK. what does that mean? please clarify for this HipHop newbie.:P
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisersouse
    A season or two ago, the Deputy Communications Director had several scenes where he was pictured using and talking on a T600. I think that it is this demographic of people that P1 is after...the 29--54 crowd who is watching West Wing. Mobile Salesmen, Executives, Decision Makers or those who pretend to be them.

My $.02.

Kaiser
    I think you make some interesting comments. Your high level execs are typically not to saavy when it comes to technology and rely on basic phones and staffers to handle things. The big decision makers, with the exception of the few proud ones like some of us, don't have great knowledge in this arena. I am not sure the age range is of particular importance but moreso the individuals' interest in this type technology.
    Nothing negative here - I do like the West Wing too though. Alan Alda and Jimmy Smitts are supposed to be joining.
    Eric
    wow. WACK. what does that mean? please clarify for this HipHop newbie.:P

Wack: (adjective) - circa. 1988 (as far as I know). I first heard the word listening to KRS-one (from Boogie Down Productions, album By All Means Necessary) in a song called "My philosophy.

"I'm so-and-so, I'm this, I'm that
    huh, but they all just wick-wick-wack"

The word simply means "sub-par or lame"
    Tracee Ellis Ross' character on UPN's girlfriends had a Treo 600 on last night's episode.
    The Treo has become the "Cool" device to have now, even more than the Blackberry. I knew this would happen a year ago when I first got my T600 because it can do so much.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  14.    #54  
    lyndon_h yeah. Nice :P
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBattle
    Tracee Ellis Ross' character on UPN's girlfriends had a Treo 600 on last night's episode.
    People watch UPN?!?
    I was devastated when they canceled Meth and Red ..
    Nice of you to post on topic
    I like both red & meth, but i thought the show sucked.
    lyndon_h yeah. Nice :P
    Thanks smiley, I knew someone would enjoy that.
    One of the worst shows I ever saw!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    In After the Sunset, the treo600 is used to scan in the VIN number bar code for a car hijacking scene. I know already this has been posted before, but I think the best publicity would be if Pierce Brosnan used a Treo650 in the final movie cut.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=55450
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123