Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1. #21  
    I thought most "celebs" use Blackberrys anyway....

    P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  2.    #22  
    Lol
  3. #23  
    Most celebs use blackberries. They can all get them for free, and since it's the status quo, there's pressure for the other celebs to get it. Most aren't tech savvy and they think only blackberries can text other blackberries.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    "YEAH"
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

    I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  5.    #25  
    Ok
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Maybe you should call Usher and tell him to switch......
    I just spoke to Usher and he has a T600 also.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7. #27  
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    Thats not Paris Hilton, but close enough
  9. #29  
    While listening to KOAM last week he stated that the Treo 650 was comming out and he had to upgrade from his newlyl purchased 600.
    Not because of Howard but, I predict that the 650 will make the same kind of splash on the Gen Public (not a ska reference hehe) in the same way as the ipod did. The Treonauts site eluded to the same in their latest article.
    Just my 2 cents.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Thats not Paris Hilton, but close enough
    That looks like an i-mate II (xda II, MDA II).
  11. #31  
    that's nicole richey. and it's definitely a t-mobile sidekick II.
  12. #32  
    That's a sidekick II with the custom crystal plate you can get off of NYC.com i think it is....I know this because i use to have a Sidekick II until I started working with Palm and sent that crap back because the T600/650 is more convenient in side the buttons are alot better and more durable and the camera on the 600 is far more better than the SKII camera..the flash on the SKII makes the picture worse when you have to use it...The 650 is what I'm waiting for with Cingular, I have T-Mobile but they're getting booted cuz they suck...They actually showed everything that the sidekick could do in their user guides on the website but when they issue the phone to you, they take almost half of the capabilities off of them so that was a downfall...My girlfriend has Cingular and she hasn't had 1 problem compared to my 100+ problems with T-mobile and their service, even when i got a different phone it didn't come with a back cover in the box when i received it...I used my discount and they said in order for me to send back what was their fault and get the phone with a back cover i would have to pay full price since I used my discount already and it doesn't matter if it was T-mo's fault as they stated..The rep had to get approval from the supervisor to do an exchange for something bad on their part, definently unfair to people who think they're getting a phone with everything on it...but before I rant anymore Yeah I had a Sidekick II and for you Treo People you have it made that's why I want a T650 most likely get a 600 and 650 just to have both and make up for the crap I had to go through with the SKII
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    Yea, i almost cracked up when i read the "usher mastercard" details... it's a debit card designed for people with no bank accounts (teenagers mostly)... yea it's cool to have usher on your mastercard card (if you're into that thing) but the fees associated with it are so outrageous they have to be targetted at little kids cause no right minded adult would pay 2 dollars just to see your account balance and then pay 3 dollars to add money and 900 number rates of 1 dollar per minute for customer service...

    however some products aren't really well placed... the chrysler 300c was featured in a nelly video and they're going after the cadillac/bmw/m-benz driving types... well now that i think of it... i guess people who like rap tend to drive a ridiculously "pimp" caddy or similar
    I think it points to the whole hiphop attitude. Maybe I've got it wrong, but hiphop looks to be saying " got no future, don't plan for tomorrow, try to get at much as you can without working hard for it". Everybody seems want to start at the top. While entry level jobs may not be very appealing or pay that great, you have to start somewhere and work your way up. And maybe, just maybe, if you do get a job you can have a checking account and not get ripped off by products like this.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  14. #34  
    i dunno. that seems like an awfully broad generalization. i have both a treo 600 and a sidekick II and there are plusses and minuses to each product. (i, also, am anxiously awaiting the treo 650). but the sidekick II *IS* fun, it's easy, it is a heckuva email and message and web browsing machine. it's been the top pick (over the treo 650 even) by several newspapers and magazines. maybe some people buy the sidekick II because it's cheap and they are young with no plan...but others buy it because it's fun, hip, requires no syncing cables, has the best AIM client, has "push" email just like blackberry, etc. etc. etc. different strokes for different folks.
  15. #35  
    That's most likely the case because the Treo is more like a "professional" smart device is geared more towards the business group and the Sidekick I& II were more leaned towards what alot of young people want in a phone something easy and cool looking to use...I liked it but I just thought T-Mobile could have done a better job with the options on it and actually help and understand people rather than take them in and that's it..it's all in who you tlk to or what people know I guess.
  16. #36  
    The kids and rappers like the IM and email functionality. It's a much better solution for a non-geek who just wants super easy IM and SMS right out of the box.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I think it points to the whole hiphop attitude. Maybe I've got it wrong, but hiphop looks to be saying " got no future, don't plan for tomorrow, try to get at much as you can without working hard for it".
    What makes you say this? What are some examples of what you mean? This is not my experience with the Hip Hop culture.
    Everybody seems want to start at the top. While entry level jobs may not be very appealing or pay that great, you have to start somewhere and work your way up. And maybe, just maybe, if you do get a job you can have a checking account and not get ripped off by products like this.
    How many Hip Hop people do you know? Evidently not many, if any, because if you did know even just a little bit about the culture you would know that Hip Hop people come in all types. They are everything from Students to entry level Trash Collectors to entry level Wall Street Exec's to VP's of major co. and more. So please speak from a position of knowledge not ignorance.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18. #38  
    Saw an interview with Howard Stern where he mentioned his treo. Not quite a hip hop star, but cool anyway
  19. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    What makes you say this? What are some examples of what you mean? This is not my experience with the Hip Hop culture.
    I believe speclcajun is speaking about the hip hop "image", and I would have to agree with him. There's 2 sides to this... there's what the "image" is trying to SELL, and there's the reality behind it.

    We're talking about the "high roller" image... the no-work, all-play attitude. This is clearly evident from the music videos. It doesn't matter the truth behind how the talent got to where they are, and no doubt some of them worked hard to get to where they are -- the point is how they represent themselves to the public.

    I'm behind Kenundrum and speclcajun on this one... the Usher card is a bad news. It preys on those who don't know better, and uses a big name to sell it.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    ... the Usher card is a bad news. It preys on those who don't know better, and uses a big name to sell it.
    I agree with you about the C/C. That is a total travesty!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions