Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I like everyone am waiting on the release of the 650 for purchase. As I was browsing the FCC site for the 650 I came across this startling information...

If you do a search for the treo 650's FCC ID: (O8FMADECA) it comes up with a list of documents. Click on the last set under "summary" of documents. This will display a list of documents associated with the FCC ID. There you will find the document names and "availability date" All of the documents. The ones that Treocentral have reported on all have an availability date of 10/25/2004. This date coincides with the original 650 announcement date. BUT all of the documents that refer to external photos of the 650 or internal photos wont be made "available" to the public until 12/09/2004!!!

So why would palm one release a phone for sale on Nov. 14th if the documents wont be available until December????????
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Who's talking December?

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67&postcount=3

Giggle.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I like everyone am waiting on the release of the 650 for purchase. As I was browsing the FCC site for the 650 I came across this startling information...

If you do a search for the treo 650's FCC ID: (O8FMADECA) it comes up with a list of documents. Click on the last set under "summary" of documents. This will display a list of documents associated with the FCC ID. There you will find the document names and "availability date" All of the documents. The ones that Treocentral have reported on all have an availability date of 10/25/2004. This date coincides with the original 650 announcement date. BUT all of the documents that refer to external photos of the 650 or internal photos wont be made "available" to the public until 12/09/2004!!!

So why would palm one release a phone for sale on Nov. 14th if the documents wont be available until December????????
    Wouldn't you rather have a December, mostly bug free release date then a buggy Nevember release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    a buggy Nevember release date?
    I like that spelling of November - sorta appropriate, no?

Giggle.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    I like that spelling of November - sorta appropriate, no?

Giggle.
    LOL....didn't catch that
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    if i dont see my 650 in 10 days there will be HELL to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    there will be HELL to pay.

Do they take credit cards?
    I was large and in charge!
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Do they take credit cards?
    Better start saving up your souls!
    Ugh...is that December for everyone?
    since I'm on Verizon it sounds more like Dreamcember 2005
    I think that the answer to your question is that the FCC allows for companies to request that certain documents be kept confidential for 45 days (per standard of rules 47CFR 0.457d), but this can be extended upon request. Conversly, once the product is available (sooner), then PalmOne will notify the FCC to release the documents for the public.

So 45 days from 10/25 is exactly 12/09.

Hope that helps!
    I dont even know why people would even get mad if it didnt come out on November 14. All rumors and hear say.
    I mean its not like palmone even announced a official release date yet.
    People need to just quit checking treocentral 24 hours a day and do something else to kill time. Lay off it till it actually comes out.
    Nguyen-etc - being a Realist is unappreciated here.
    FYI, women and girls giggle. Men chuckle. It has always be thus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    FYI, women and girls giggle. Men chuckle. It has always be thus.
    Has he ever said that he was a man? Or an adult? He has mentioned that he is a realist.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    wasnt the only carrier that worked in my building. i am so pissed that their release date for the 650 is sometime in the next millenium. $350 for this device and i have to pass it up because verizon lags so far behind the other carriers. damn, durn, shucks. btw, i was at the meeting yesterday in dallas and was extremely impressed with this device.