1.    #1  
    So, I know that Chatter uses a jabber client

does Verichat use a direct connection to the IM servers like Causerie? or does Verichat use a jabber transport also?

Are there any other IM clients that directly connect to the IM server like Causerie?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Causerie uses an intermediate server too, not unlike Chatter and VeriChat.

I believe VeriChat's server is not Jabber. Its something else.
    Yeah, i'm not sure of any "direct connect" IM clients. It seems with Causerie when in the background it cuts your connection from thier proxy, and when you open the app reconnects to it.. but you always stay "online" in the IM world.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Here was a response from Causerie on their forums on how it works, I would assume the same sort of thing applies to Verichat and Chatter:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    There seems to be an updated Causerie beta... 1.7.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Verichat uses a proxy. Keeps you connected with no battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    There seems to be an updated Causerie beta... 1.7.
    Been available since 15-OCT and works great (for me)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    Causerie uses an intermediate server too, not unlike Chatter and VeriChat.
    hmm, interesting...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Here was a response from Causerie on their forums on how it works, I would assume the same sort of thing applies to Verichat and Chatter:

http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83
    Chatter uses a stock Jabber server. I'm running my own Jabber server for my Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Chatter uses a stock Jabber server. I'm running my own Jabber server for my Chatter.
    Really! How are you doing that? I've been running Chatter and using Marc's server(s) for IM, etc. but I'd love to be able to use my own server.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Really! How are you doing that? I've been running Chatter and using Marc's server(s) for IM, etc. but I'd love to be able to use my own server.

Dunc
    Marc put an option in to be able to change the name of the servers and the jid's. You can get to it from the console mode. The problem comes in that as he develops the "Chatter Email", he's not keeping the IM part up to date. I don't know how to nudge him to do that, I don't use it for email at all, I use the built in client.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Marc put an option in to be able to change the name of the servers and the jid's. You can get to it from the console mode. The problem comes in that as he develops the "Chatter Email", he's not keeping the IM part up to date. I don't know how to nudge him to do that, I don't use it for email at all, I use the built in client.
    What's the command? Console is just a command line
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    What's the command? Console is just a command line
    **********************************NOTICE**************************

THE FOLLOWING CHATTER CONSOLE COMMAND IS NOT SUPPORTED IN ANY WAY/SHAPE/FORM BY MARC. IF YOU SCREW IT UP, DON'T CRY TO HIM. I will try to help as best I can though.

**********************************NOTICE**************************

The command is "tucbeach". After changing the settings, you need to soft reset the phone. I have this running against a Jabber 1.4.2p2 server, with AIM (LATEST that includes JEP-22)/Yahoo/MSN transports. I can not get the ICQ transport running correctly with ANY client, and I haven't done much investigation of it.

Tuc (of Tucs-Beachin-OBX-House.COM)