Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anybody use Sprint in Chicago? For a 600? How is the coverage, for example, in Loop and W. Suburbs? How about in buildings? Anybody in Oak Park - how is reception there?
    Thanks
    I get signals pretty much everywhere in Chicagoland. In buildings is just as good as outside. There are a couple spots on the Tristate where I'll lose a signal, but not all the time. I live in Western Springs and the signal is great there too!
    Check this out, I got it from another thread. It's customers reporting on dead spots. http://www.cellphone.homestead.com/
    Sprint coverage is pretty good in Chicago, I've not had a problem using it anywhere, except the subway, including the stops. I hope they're going to be adding those soon, as a couple of news articles dating back to 2003 have said that all of the carriers are supposed to be covering it by the end of 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by daf999999
    Anybody use Sprint in Chicago? For a 600? How is the coverage, for example, in Loop and W. Suburbs? How about in buildings? Anybody in Oak Park - how is reception there?
    Thanks
    There are bad spots in Aurora, Joliet, etc. like most I think it is all the covergence of all the signals.
    Just 20 of 162 Sprint Dead Zones

Sprint/PCS* 104th Avenue* between 95thSt and McCarthy Rd* Chicago* spotty throughout the Palos Forest Preserves* *
    Sprint/PCS* 127th Street* State Street* Chicago* * *
    Sprint/PCS* 13th Street* Wisconsin* Chicago* 0-1 signal strength, 50% dropped calls* *
    Sprint/PCS* 143rd st* Harlem ave* Chicago* low lying area....flaggstone walls* *
    Sprint/PCS* 143rd Street* Harlem Ave* Chicago* * *
    Sprint/PCS* 143rd Street* Harlem Ave* Chicago* Palos Heights/Orland Park* *
    Sprint/PCS* 15th Street* Prairie Avenue* Chicago* In the park (where the children play!)* *
    Sprint/PCS* 31st* Midwest* Chicago* Oak Brook / Lombard area... bad pockets all around* *
    Sprint/PCS* 47th Street* Lake Shore Drive* Chicago* * *
    Sprint/PCS* 55th St.* Route 71* Chicago* * *
    Sprint/PCS* 56th st.* dorchester ave.* Chicago* spotty coverage in hyde park* *
    Sprint/PCS* 57th St.* South Lake Shore Drive* Chicago* Museum of Science and Industry* *
    Sprint/PCS* 71st* wentworth* Chicago* dan ryan Expressway* *
    Sprint/PCS* 82nd street* kostner* Chicago* residential street* *
    Sprint/PCS* 9500 south* campbell ave* Chicago* in evergreen Park* *
    Sprint/PCS* 95th Street* 88th Ave* Chicago* 88th Ave South - 103rd St.* *
    Sprint/PCS* adams* canal* Chicago* Union Station* *
    Sprint/PCS* Addison* Broadway* Chicago* Most days, 4 of 5 calls won't connect* *
    Sprint/PCS* Addison* Oak Park Avenue* Chicago* Complete dead zone for sure!* *
    Sprint/PCS* Addison* Western* Chicago*
    AT&T is number 1
    Sprint is number 2

http://www.cellphone.homestead.com/stats.html
    Thos stats are fairly useless considering they don't give you the information on amount of subscribers for the carriers, or better yet the amount of subscribers visiting their site.
    IOW, for all we know there are more AT&T and Sprint customers than all the others or more of those customers visit that site.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Hmm. I haven't noticed any dead zones in Aurora, and I live there. What area? Eastern Aurora (Route 59 corridor) always works fine for me.

Where I have difficulty is in buildings with lots of concrete. I would occasionally lose the signal on my former T300 in the Schaumburg Woodfield mall but that hasn't happened ont he T600.

Downtown Chicago is mostly fine, but in the middle of our corporate office building, on the 45th floor, signal strength is weak in the middle of the building and only moderate by a window. But again, the T600 is better than the T300 as it wouldn't even get a signal under those conditions.

When I upgrade to the T650, I'll remain with Sprint.
    - Fushigi
    Hmm! Is Aurora, Chicago? or Is Aurora, Aurora? Do you at/or near 104th Avenue between 95thSt and McCarthy Rd?

Compton is Compton (not LA)
    Brooklyn is Brooklyn (not Manhattan)
    Dallas is Dallas (not Ft Worth)
    Oakland is Oakland (not San Francisco)

Sprint is good. Stay with it.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    specimen38, daf999999 expressly asked about the western suburbs in addition to the loop area. dlbrummels posted about Aurora and Joliet. That's what triggered my response.
    - Fushigi